Peterhead v Stenhousemuir

Blue-Toon

• 2 months later...

Looking forward to this! It's been a while since we've played Peterhead but we always seem to have the Indian sign over them, no more so than the 2017/18 season when we inexplicably pipped them to promotion. The Blue Toon always seemed to carry the same group of players for years but other than Simon Ferry and Scott Brown and one or two others, a lot of the names aren't too familiar to me.

Stenhousemuir looked alright against Albion Rovers in spells but this will be a far sterner test. There's no reason we cannot win this match but you'd really have to fancy the home side.

Now watch this drive.

The Stenny jinx strikes again, they were the better team overall. We were poor Bailey had one of those night he was chasing their wingers shadow. Hopefully nothing serious with Scott Brown as no link going forward tonight. Hopefully can pick things up again on league duty as we need to gather some points to get comfortable. Stenny never miss a trick with time wasting etc but you cant blame them for that, pity we did not have Paul Jarvie in the dugout he could have laid out Davie Irons who was being a dick.

Hard to know exactly what to make of the game - Pixellot is truly wretched and a horrible way to watch a football match - but I didn't think Peterhead were all that bad. A combination of poor finishing and good goalkeeping from Paddy Martin kept the Blue Toon at bay, while Stenhousemuir scored from their only real chance of the game, big Mark McGuigan following up on Ryan Blair's shot (I think) after Joshua Rae failed to hold the ball.

There was not a lot of quality on show and it was a bit of a scrap. I was impressed with the way Stenhousemuir acquitted themselves, however, and I liked what I've seen from the front four. Tam Muir might not have much of a goal threat but he puts some shift in up top. Must be a nightmare to play against.

I am looking forward to playing Kilmarnock in the third round.

5 hours ago, beaver1 said:

He stood out as being particularly bad. Was this normal?

Was a bit prone to mistakes when he arrived but did seem to have settled down for a while, would say i was impressed with Biabi the Stenny winger who looked as if he would be a handful .to many.. Stenny as usual were a big strong outfit & closed us down both ends of the park & with our midfield missing  Scott Brown to drive them on we were not very effective. Not sure how big a difference in prize money there is for getting through & be surprized if the Killie tie will generate a great deal but all the best to Stenny in the next round.