Killie v Accies 9/1/21

What the f**k is that? Clearly a rehearsed move from Killie and we don't have a clue what to do when one of our wide centre-backs... go wide. Odoffin and Stanger like the Chuckle Brothers trying to pick him up.

Best performance in a while. Still not making too many chances or putting enough quality crosses in, but if we get the ball in to Kiltie's feet enough times for him to do that, we will be doing well. 

Findlay and Power their best games in a while. Mulumbu doing very well at getting us to keep the ball on the deck and play (maybe he could have a word with Captain Launch-It, Kirk Broadfoot)

Vital three points today for the stripes. While we should have held on (pun intended with the goalkeeping error last week) for the win against St. Mirren this was a must-win game. Kiltie was the standout by a mile, played well and took his goals brilliantly. I'm still not convinced by Whitehall as a striker, we don't have a lot of quality up top. Mulumbu was also excellent and it was nice to see us make what's probably a record 4 (four!) subs under Dyer's reign. We'll be doing well if we can get anything off Hibs next weekend. 

52 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Three points and a problem out the door. Brophy v Kiltie is like comparing an ice cube to a diamond.

You're sounding like someone who's been dumped and is trying to put a brave face on it.

1 hour ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Vital three points today for the stripes. While we should have held on (pun intended with the goalkeeping error last week) for the win against St. Mirren this was a must-win game. Kiltie was the standout by a mile, played well and took his goals brilliantly. I'm still not convinced by Whitehall as a striker, we don't have a lot of quality up top. Mulumbu was also excellent and it was nice to see us make what's probably a record 4 (four!) subs under Dyer's reign. We'll be doing well if we can get anything off Hibs next weekend. 

If we are relying on Whitehall for the rest of the season I’m afraid I’m worried. He was like a man down and a decent striker would have worked the Accies defence.

33 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

If we are relying on Whitehall for the rest of the season I’m afraid I’m worried. He was like a man down and a decent striker would have worked the Accies defence.

Sorry but I cant agree with that.

Granted he could have played all night without ever worrying the Accies goalie but I felt he led the line very well, winning headers, holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

Better than Kabamba IMO.....but we still need a striker who can score regularly.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

Theres a player in there, holds the ball up better than Kabamba can ..... Im not writing him off yet.

3 hours ago, Killiefan said:

You must have been watching a different game from me. Whitehall is objectively a very poor footballer, but he does exactly what we need from a striker in terms of constantly holding the ball up, playing on the shoulder and being a decent threat in the air. He is like a big vacuum that draws defenders towards him and leaves space for the likes of Kiltie, Burke and McKenzie. I think we have been a million miles better since he came into the team.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You must have been watching a different game from me. Whitehall is objectively a very poor footballer, but he does exactly what we need from a striker in terms of constantly holding the ball up, playing on the shoulder and being a decent threat in the air. He is like a big vacuum that draws defenders towards him and leaves space for the likes of Kiltie, Burke and McKenzie. I think we have been a million miles better since he came into the team.

“Very poor footballer “ mmm, that bodes well. Watched the same game and was very pleased with the team performance but I’m sorry all I see with Whitehall is a lower level player, hopefully proved wrong and time will tell.

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Our defence is scary bad without Easton and A.Martin, even Shaun Want would be a massive difference to that car crash of a back line.

I would’ve been v happy with a draw before I seen the team I would bite your hand off for it now. 3-0 home team.

Problem for me is midfield and has been for two seasons.Trafford's "performance"shows that like Ronan Hughes he is worse than a man down when playing and we have zero creativity in there.

We need players in ASAP as today we had to recall a kid from the Juniors who hasn't even impressed there;such was the shortage of bodies.

Full first choice defence missing:Fulton,Want,Aaron Martin and Easton which when added to Scott Martin,Will Collar,Lewis Smith in midfield and forwards in Nathan Tjomas,Ogympoe and David (not Lee Accies TV)Templeton would leave us struggling against Killie reserves.

No bottom six side could cope with the amount of absentees we have and questions must be asked about the training if we are getting so many injured.

15 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Thought he played well. Held the ball up and laid it off to Kiltie much better than Kabamba can (at the moment, I recognise he’s still young).