Tommy Wrong

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Any insight from St Johnstone fans or anyone else as to why Tommy Wright doesn’t appear to have been mentioned or considered seriously for a job as yet? I assume there isn’t any financial advantage for him in being unemployed? 

He's minted and is holding out for the Dundee job.

Any insight from St Johnstone fans or anyone else as to why Tommy Wright doesn’t appear to have been mentioned or considered seriously for a job as yet? I assume there isn’t any financial advantage for him in being unemployed? 

He was interviewed for the Motherwell job but probably wasn't a good fit for their structure.

21 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The new Alan Curbishley. Will hold out for a job he thinks is worthy of him and will never be seen again

This echoes my thoughts, to a degree.

Suspect every club will always see a younger manager as more attractive, and those who don't won't be attractive enough for him.

He'll probably also realise its a dumpster fire managing a Scottish club and realise how relaxing life is without it.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This echoes my thoughts, to a degree.

Suspect every club will always see a younger manager as more attractive, and those who don't won't be attractive enough for him.

He'll probably also realise its a dumpster fire managing a Scottish club and realise how relaxing life is without it.

Yeah I wasn't saying it with (much) snideyness. I genuinely don't see a great fit. Killie might be it. Close to Ireland and at the right level

Don't know his family set up but you would think there is a window of opportunity to get a job in England at lower Championship/L1 but it won't last long.

Edited by invergowrie arab

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Don't know his family set up but you would think there is a window of opportunity to get a job in England at lower Championship/L1 but it won't last long.

I imagine his chance at England passed a few years ago, tbh.

I mean, it isn't coincidental that Owen Coyle, Derek McInnes and Steve Lomas had more clubs courting them after achieving significantly less than Tommy Wright did at St. Johnstone. It's obviously an age-related thing to some degree. As others have noted, he isn't a 'yes man' and probably approaches the interview stage as part interviewee and part interviewer. I'd say it's a mixture of these things, in addition to being an older man who enjoys the simple pleasures of life and someone who wouldn't move outwith his comfort zone solely for the sake of a steady income. I see that Kilmarnock have been touted as a potential destination in a post above this, but I honestly couldn't envisage him agreeing to become the manager of any club with a plastic pitch.

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

If he wasn't so ugly he'd be managing down south at a decent level imo.

I think you might be onto something here.

Let's think, who looks like they had a fire on their face put out by a shovel? That would be Micky Melon, currently managing in a town that is wall to wall minters, Dundee.

Now, when you cast your eyes South, you feast your eyes upon the glorious visage of James Goodwin Esquire and it is akin to gazing upon the very face of God themself.