The 2021 NFL Draft

lichtie23

Lions go for strengthening the defense on day 2 drafting DT Levi Onwuzurike of the University of Washington, DT Alim McNeill of North Carolina State & CB Ifeatu Melifonwu of Syracuse.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Joking aside, it is genuinely the profile of player the Browns take, they love high-SPARQ athletes at that position. Can't find an age for him, but if he's 22 or under then he probably will be on their board.

That'd be great if he went to Cleveland, though I think he'd have a hard time sticking around that roster. He's probably 23 (and might be pushing 24 when the season rolls around). I'll be thrilled if he gets picked because even in the 7th round that would give him an automatic signing bonus between $75K and $115K.

We have another guy, Wyatt Hubert, an edge guy who also could get picked in 6th or 7th round.

Thrilled that Samuel was still on the board at 47, but that's tempered somewhat by our 3rd round selections. I would have been livid had we gone WR in 1 or 2, but I can live with the Palmer selection given that Mike Williams misses a lot of games and isn't a cert to be re-signed. The McKitty pick I don't understand at all unless the staff think he's a sleeper that's going to develop into an upper echelon starter at some point. We already have two or three TE's of that ilk on the roster, guys who aren't starter material yet but show a bit of promise, and we signed Cook to a 1 year deal to presumably take the starts. We still have holes at DE and OLB and I was really hoping for Ronnie Perkins but the Pats grabbed him with the very pick before we took McKitty.

As for today, I think we should be looking for the aforementioned help at DE/OLB because I really don't want to be going into this season re-signing Melvin Ingram out of desperation. He was totally ineffectual last year and I don't see any point in brining him back over a walk-on or late round flyer. I'm also hoping for depth at interior OL and FS, maybe a big back and a punter to push Long.

Late to the show, and just seen we've taken Rumph in the 4th 👍

Edited by Boo Khaki

Lions have taken WR Amon-Ra St. Brown of University of Southern California & LB Derrick Barnes of Purdue University. Back to back picks in the 4th as Lions traded with the Browns. Lions got 113 & 257 with Browns getting 153 & a 2022 4th rounder.

Thrilled that Samuel was still on the board at 47, but that's tempered somewhat by our 3rd round selections. I would have been livid had we gone WR in 1 or 2, but I can live with the Palmer selection given that Mike Williams misses a lot of games and isn't a cert to be re-signed. The McKitty pick I don't understand at all unless the staff think he's a sleeper that's going to develop into an upper echelon starter at some point. We already have two or three TE's of that ilk on the roster, guys who aren't starter material yet but show a bit of promise, and we signed Cook to a 1 year deal to presumably take the starts. We still have holes at DE and OLB and I was really hoping for Ronnie Perkins but the Pats grabbed him with the very pick before we took McKitty.
As for today, I think we should be looking for the aforementioned help at DE/OLB because I really don't want to be going into this season re-signing Melvin Ingram out of desperation. He was totally ineffectual last year and I don't see any point in brining him back over a walk-on or late round flyer. I'm also hoping for depth at interior OL and FS, maybe a big back and a punter to push Long.
Late to the show, and just seen we've taken Rumph in the 4th [emoji106]

Completely agree. Round 1 and 2 were ideal. Think in round 3 the plot was last a bit with much more holes on the roster that needed filled

5 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

That'd be great if he went to Cleveland, though I think he'd have a hard time sticking around that roster. He's probably 23 (and might be pushing 24 when the season rolls around). I'll be thrilled if he gets picked because even in the 7th round that would give him an automatic signing bonus between $75K and $115K.

We have another guy, Wyatt Hubert, an edge guy who also could get picked in 6th or 7th round.

Wyatt Hubert alert! Goes to Cincinnati.

6 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Welcome to the Buffalo Bills, Rachad Wildgoose 

The Lions drafted Amon-Ra Julian Heru J. St. Brown, little brother of Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown who plays for the Packers.  

Seemed like an excellent draft for Lions, Vikings and first 2 picks for Da Bears.

No idea who our picks after the first 2 rounds were though, so hopefully some of them can make contributions, at least to special teams.

Most of the Packers picks seemed like reaches.

On 30/04/2021 at 22:11, Fuctifano said:

After round 5 I just hope we pick guys with funny names, or punters, or people who are 7 feet tall or 400 lbs 

Not technically part of the draft as UDFA but the Bills have picked up Olaijah Griffin, who is the son of 90s rap "star" Warren G. 

Regulate. 

So I wanted OL, CB, DE, OLB, OG, FS, RB, + random flyer, got OL, CB, WR, TE, OLB, OG, ILB, RB, S, and I think they would have taken Perkins at 97 had the Pats not taken him with 96, so I can't really complain about our draft for once. 

Interesting that Telesco's drafts have usually veered away from what I think the team should be doing, yet this is Staley's first draft and it more or less matches my template completely. Perhaps McCoy and Lynn weren't just crappy on-field coaches but were also partly responsible for the drafts going completely off-script in the middle rounds.