The 2021 NFL Draft

lichtie23

Too late, all QBs likely gone by then

Not necessarily, Atlanta seem to be asking for a lot so if they don’t get it then there could be 2 available at 7 cause I don’t see Miami or Cincy trading. I don’t know the Lions needs but I’d be imagine they could get a player of a similar caliber from the Denver or NE pick. All depends on who falls though, I don’t see anyone trading up for Jones so if he goes to San Fran then one of Lance or Fields could fall, Dallas apparently love Pitts aswell so they might get involved. It’s the most interesting draft in a while anyway.

I actually think the Dolphins will consider trading down if they get a good offer. That number 6 pick could be very valuable if only one of the top 5 QBs are still available and could net them a lot more than the 2022 first they gave up to get it.

The PFF draft simulator is now live.  I just pulled off a blockbuster trade to get Trevor Lawrence to Detroit

image.thumb.png.8afb540a9c68800f13a70899bda1220d.png

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

I’ve done a few mental ones, one a while ago where I got Pats like 4 of the top 15 players without trading any high capital. Done one the other day where I managed to gain 5 2022 first rounders. Teams will trade up 3 spots in the 20s and give you a future 1st. It’s good fun but the Panthers needs still including a QB is annoying.

This may be common knowledge out there but since 2010 there have been 34 QB's drafted in the 1st round. Only 3 have a Superbowl ring. That kind of blew my mind initially, but perhaps not if you consider that the worst team picks first each year.

It shows the lottery that this can become, I'd still be inclined to target a proven arm in Free Agency and even trade back to teams that are desperate to try and buck the trend.

Not long to wait now!

On 18/04/2021 at 19:16, lichtie23 said:

Giants need a playmaker. I’d be happy with J’Marr Chase but I think he will be gone by our pick. Would happily take either of the Alabama Wide Outs in Waddle or Smith 

Waddle looks something else, if you can get him some room to run into. Not the biggest so perhaps catching in the slot or coming underneath, some wheel routes or even catching out the backfield behind a pulling guard. A talent definitely. 

It’s draft week baby!

Must admit it’s not really the same event when you’re picking 26 and already have your QB of the future, but it’s still enjoyable.

Hoping to see the Browns come out of it with an EDGE, a CB and a WR. Anything after that is fine with me

So most mocks have Trevor Lawrence to the Jaguars at 1 and Zach Wilson to the Jets at 2 as 100% nailed on.

The 49ers can only have traded up that high for a QB, and it increasingly looks like a choice between Mac Jones and Trey Lance. Biggest question about Lance has to be the lack of game time with just one game in 15 months.

13 hours ago, peasy23 said:

So most mocks have Trevor Lawrence to the Jaguars at 1 and Zach Wilson to the Jets at 2 as 100% nailed on.

The 49ers can only have traded up that high for a QB, and it increasingly looks like a choice between Mac Jones and Trey Lance. Biggest question about Lance has to be the lack of game time with just one game in 15 months.

And the fact he's coming from a I-AA school and still hasn't turned 21.

On 25/04/2021 at 14:48, BukyOHare said:

This may be common knowledge out there but since 2010 there have been 34 QB's drafted in the 1st round. Only 3 have a Superbowl ring. That kind of blew my mind initially, but perhaps not if you consider that the worst team picks first each year.

It shows the lottery that this can become, I'd still be inclined to target a proven arm in Free Agency and even trade back to teams that are desperate to try and buck the trend.

Not long to wait now!

Mahomes is the only one who has one as a starter. The other two had to be backups as Wilson and Foles were third-round picks and all the other winning QBs were drafted 2005 or prior outside of Flacco (08). Going to free agency for a QB is way more expensive and just as risky as drafting one, so you're better off doing so in the draft unless you some how get picked by the greatest QB ever like the Bucs did.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

I’m convinced the Niners are taking Fields at 3. There’s no way you’re giving up two future firsts to draft Jones or Lance.

Surely the lack of experience is an issue, although all players are going to have that hanging over them this season given Covid.  Jones has played 17 games, Lance the same but only one last year.  Justin Fields has 22 starts in his career.  Last time a QB with such little experience was drafted very high, as far as I can see, was Mitch Trubisky which didn't go well.