St Mirren vs Motherwell

3 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Interesting to hear why Obika has disappeared from the squad. Moving on?

Yeah, that's interesting. I'd imagine he'd easily get another gig at this level if he wanted.

3 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Wait, how did I miss this? I though Brophy had signed a pre-contract agreement? When did this happen?

Came in on loan yesterday.

Maybe interest from England and the  club said he could go if they managed to get Brophy in early. Now that the Brophy deal's gone through he's away to sign....

If he was going to Killie I think we'd have heard by now.

Covid? Jon has already been infected so another positive test is unlikely. Could be self-isolating though.

In the excitement of the new manager - and the fact that St Mirren's pricing is sensible - I've paid to view. It better be decent...

On the team - Hastie must have had a good training session yesterday....

Just now, Swello said:

In the excitement of the new manager - and the fact that St Mirren's pricing is sensible - I've paid to view. It better be decent...

We're starting Lee Erwin and you don't have a comedy keeper. Good chance for Motherwell here. 

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

Me too. 
Glad to see Obika not in the squad. Always a player that caused us problems. Not as much as Chapman or Mugabi granted....

I hope it’s not the case that Obika not being in the squad is a similar sign to what happened with Morias last week as that seemed to kickstart rumours he was off. Especially when we’re lumbered with Erwin upfront instead.
Not particularly arsed by the disappearance of Mason however Durmus should be in ahead of McAllister.

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

To be fair to him, last time against at Fir Park he gave Tait a bit of a torrid time. He got him booked then hooked within 20 mins of coming on. 

For some reason, he then didn’t feature in any of the next 4 games until he was chucked into that shitshow against Accies. 

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Not particularly arsed by the disappearance of Mason however Durmus should be in ahead of McAllister.

My concern there is if Tait picks up an injury or decides to get himself sent off. Mason starting or not really is up for debate, but not listed as a sub seems a risk, albeit a smallish one.

I presume we'd hear if Mason is being recalled.

2 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

To be fair to him, last time against at Fir Park he gave Tait a bit of a torrid time. He got him booked then hooked within 20 mins of coming on. 

For some reason, he then didn’t feature in any of the next 4 games until he was chucked into that shitshow against Accies. 

True. Lasley could outpace Tait by the time he left us, so letting Hastie have a go at him with a seedorf chaser wouldn't be the worst idea...

Our biggest problem is that lose the plot when we lose a goal - that is still my biggest concern as we don't look like a clean sheet team. It would be great to start positive and get our noses in front..

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Not confident at all today, given the team selection.

Hopefully Connolly and McAllister play well. 

Connolly has had a couple quiet games; McAllister blows hot and very cold. I dream of seeing them both firing on the same day.

Of course, sod's law states that will happen when they're providing chances for Erwin.