St Mirren vs Motherwell

22 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I mean if Madden was going by the book O'Hara would have been sent off after 10 minutes, ignoring his other handful of fouls. Most refs are just incompetent. Especially the new fast track ones we always end up with.

Nothing more frustrating than seeing 6ft+ target men feel a tiny touch from behind, fall over and win a free kick (or in our case also a penalty). As a lot of Well fans said in this thread yesterday, Scott MacDonald was a master at it. I don't know why refs keep buying it when it is so blatant. I think the official term is gamesmanship, but we all know it as cheating.

We have previous with Madden being incompetent. He denied us 2 penalties v Rangers that were defo more legit than the one on Saturday. So easy to see why Well fans are getting worked up. It was never a penalty but it was Madden (again) that decided it was. Or he took advise from linesman. Either way I always believed a referee should not give a penalty unless he is certain. Erwins reaction to his leg being torn off did not help. 

In truth it probably only saved us the pain of the equalising goal not coming in the 92 minute. A draw was also a fair reflection of the game. Our biggest problem is that our subs weaken us resulting in so many late concessions, whereas most teams get a boost from their subs. That needs to be addressed ASAP by trying to move on some of the dross and replacing with better quality. Easier said than done granted. 

Edited by welldaft

I'm in no way defending Madden here, and while he was the one who awarded it, wasn't it the assistant that called it. If Madden's view was restricted and the assistant was certain, then really people are concentrating their ire on the wrong official.

For reference, and I've said this already, it didn't look like a penalty to me.

36 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Hearing a foul is a fuckin new one! That's brilliant.

Get our boys to take empty crisp packets onto the park and blow them up and pop them when they are in the box. Penalties every week.