St Mirren vs Motherwell

9 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Also I assume I wasn't the only one that assumed when it was given that it probably was a stonewaller because Bevis?

The only common denominator is Madden.

I am off to bed and I will trip over the dog and Madden will award a penalty.  He genuinely is anti Motherwell.  That much is obvious.

Edited by welldaft

10 hours ago, well fan for life said:

It's probably because that's the 852nd fucking stupid-for-whatever-reason penalty we've given away this season.

9 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Also I assume I wasn't the only one that assumed when it was given that it probably was a stonewaller because Bevis?

Aye. I mean, it's not a penalty no matter what sort of mental gymnastics the VLs are trying with still photos.

So in that sense it's hard to be particularly down on Bevis (assuming it was him it was given against).

BUT by my count that's the 11th penalty we've conceded this season and so many of them have been for completely needless reasons or just being clumsy in the box. Gallagher set the tone in the first game of the season with that.

1. County (Gallagher)
2. Livingston (Lamie)
3. Glentoran (Robinson)
4. Coleraine (O'Hara)
5. Coleraine (Mugabi)
6. Hapoel (Gallagher)
7. Rangers (Mugabi)
8. Rangers (Grimshaw)
9. St Johnstone (Mugabi)
10. Kilmarnock (O'Hara)
11. St Mirren (Mugabi) 

The only common denominator is Madden.
I am off to bed and I will trip over the dog and Madden will award a penalty.  He genuinely is anti Motherwell.  That much is obvious.
I mean if Madden was going by the book O'Hara would have been sent off after 10 minutes, ignoring his other handful of fouls. Most refs are just incompetent. Especially the new fast track ones we always end up with.

Nothing more frustrating than seeing 6ft+ target men feel a tiny touch from behind, fall over and win a free kick (or in our case also a penalty). As a lot of Well fans said in this thread yesterday, Scott MacDonald was a master at it. I don't know why refs keep buying it when it is so blatant. I think the official term is gamesmanship, but we all know it as cheating.

41 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Just saw the Sky highlights of the game. 

Didn’t think it was a penalty to be honest but would have liked to have seen a replay from a better angle.

St Mirren FC (@saintmirrenfc) / Twitter

Have a look at the clip on the link above and turn up the sound. A much better angle, and you can quite clearly hear contact on Erwin's boot by Mugabe's swipe.

Great spot by Madden.

If it was that contentious, why aren't the 'Well players complaining to the ref?

Edited by FTOF

"Listen to the sound" is a new one when it comes to folk trying to back up a penalty award :lol:

I mean, I don't really think many 'Well fans are having a real go at Erwin, it's just a horrendous call from the referee who has a long history of horrendous calls. 

1 hour ago, Desp said:

"Listen to the sound" is a new one when it comes to folk trying to back up a penalty award :lol:

I mean, I don't really think many 'Well fans are having a real go at Erwin, it's just a horrendous call from the referee who has a long history of horrendous calls. 

What is the sound produced at exactly the same time as Mugabe swipes at Erwin?

A sonic boom?

If you've played football before, you'll know the sound of one football boot making contact with another.

Probably wouldn't have been given in there had been a crowd there, as the sound would have most likely been drowned out.

Tough fucking shit. :lol:

Edited by FTOF

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

What is the sound produced at exactly the same time as Mugabe swipes at Erwin?

A sonic boom?

If you've played football before, you'll know the sound of one football boot making contact with another.

Probably wouldn't have been given in there had been a crowd there, as the sound would have most likely been drowned out.

Tough fucking shit. :lol:

A sonic boom 😆

25 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Well, we are near the airport, and during lockdown there have been military training flights in the area 😄 

What’s actually funnier is that FTOF is in fact correct you can clearly hear the crack from Mugabi’s boot as it connects with Erwin’s leg.😂