St Mirren vs Motherwell

FT 1-1

Yeah take that, fair reflection too. Well the better side first half us the better side second half. Second week in a row I’ve predicted a 1-1 and second week in a row it’s came to pass, hopefully someone is betting on them.

Certainly a better point for us than Well considering our positions. Was surprised to see their players time wasting toward the end.

It would be better if we didn’t go behind in the first place, but I do like how often we get results from losing positions. In saying that it is a very soft penalty, but it’s been given for the Mugabi kick not anything Gallagher did.

McGrath is a cool customer when it comes to taking them right enough. Never doubted he’d stick it away.

We weren’t terrible but we certainly didn’t play as well as we could. Well definitely had a wee bit of the new manager bounce about them, certainly first half. Looking forward to seeing how the new signings bed in and I think we’ll be just fine in mid table.

I thought the first half was a decent performance and we definitely got a reaction. We didn’t carry a threat in the second half so I thought the equaliser was coming tbh.

Mugabi actually had a decent game but then goes and does that brain fart of a moment. Not winning close games has really been our season. Hopefully Alexander now knows that Mugabi and White just won’t cut it at this level.

Think we were quite fortunate there. It was all Saints in the second half but we didn't really threaten. Did we even have a shot on target other than the penalty? Motherwell could've had the boy Chapman in goals and it wouldn't have mattered. 
Never a penalty, so we definitely got away with one there. 

Durmus free kick on target.

13 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

O’Hara lucky to still be on the park.

He was lucky still to be on the park after 10 minutes, tbf.

We played ok, but same old problems. I think we might start going 4-4-2 from the start soon. Will be interesting to see who misses out.

Connolly hasn't been good for a few games now and I can see why Quaner has been brought in; Ethan needs a spell out the team, too. I'd love to see Flynn back.

And although I was watching on my phone so couldn't see in much detail, that was never ever a penalty. Now we're massive moneybags shaggers, we're clearly getting soft decisions our way.

He was lucky still to be on the park after 10 minutes, tbf.
We played ok, but same old problems. I think we might start going 4-4-2 from the start soon. Will be interesting to see who misses out.
Connolly hasn't been good for a few games now and I can see why Quaner has been brought in; Ethan needs a spell out the team, too. I'd love to see Flynn back.
And although I was watching on my phone so couldn't see in much detail, that was never ever a penalty. Now we're massive moneybags shaggers, we're clearly getting soft decisions our way.

We played much better with two up front. Erwin got a bit better once Brophy was buzzing around him. Agreed about Ethan, still done some good things but could do with a few games put. Maybe replace him with Cammy?

That was... fine I guess? I missed a bit of the second half because I was making lunch but from what I saw it was mainly St Mirren, so even if the penalty was harsh it's hard to feel much injustice. 

Wasn't really anything massively different from Robinson's sides as expected given its entirely the same team + a competent goalkeeper but we looked a wee bit more threatening going forward and you could argue defended better overall too.

Well that was a horrific performance from Saints today.

We got lucky with the penalty as there was no real contact or much of a jersey pull if that’s why he awarded it.

McAllister is awful and Erhahon wasn’t much better. 

That’s two terrible performances one at Rugby and then today.

Goodwin needs to get the finger out.  

Edited by glenburn bud

As others have said, a fair result. Erhahon should have equalised with that almost unmissable sitter, but we got a bit of luck with the penalty.

I've always had a lot of respect for Motherwell - a decent club, with a good set of fans. Play like that and you should stay up. I hope so. 

Annoying to chuck in another goal in the last 15 mins. We've done that a lot.

Even then, given the circumstances I'll take a point; we were scudded last week, the new manager's only just in the door and has has 1 (one) training session, we were also starting (another) new goalkeeper. It could have gone a different way.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

That was... fine I guess? I missed a bit of the second half because I was making lunch but from what I saw it was mainly St Mirren, so even if the penalty was harsh it's hard to feel much injustice. 

Wasn't really anything massively different from Robinson's sides as expected given its entirely the same team + a competent goalkeeper but we looked a wee bit more threatening going forward and you could argue defended better overall too.

I thought you looked not too bad at all, and were really busy in the first half. Gave us no time on the ball at all and it really rattled us.

I think you may have tired a bit in the second half, and retreated a bit, but I can't see you having any significant worries this season based on that.

4 minutes ago, ulysses said:

We played much better with two up front. Erwin got a bit better once Brophy was buzzing around him. Agreed about Ethan, still done some good things but could do with a few games put. Maybe replace him with Cammy?

It's weird but Jim doesn't seem to fancy Cammy. I'd agree, though, he has to be worth a shot. Ideally, we'd drop someone with a bit more experience in there. 

Wonder what Ross Wallace is doing... 

Fair result in the end I'd say. It was never, ever a penalty but St Mirren by far the better side in the 2nd half. 

Hopefully Alexander has seen enough of Hastie & White now and they won't be seen again. 

We need at least two or three signings this month to make sure we're fine this season. A couple of positives to take from today but two very tough games coming up.

Never played particularly well today, nor at Rugby Park. Thanks to a goalkeeping howler and a pretty pathetic penalty award, walked away with two points. Whatever we lack, we don’t lack effort or the ability to keep plugging away. Have to say, this season, we are getting our fair share of breaks, decisions, lucky goals, sendings off at good times. We (so far) certainly aren’t being hard done by. Long may it continue.