St Mirren vs Motherwell

11 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Well that was a horrific performance from Saints today.

We got lucky with the penalty as there was no real contact or much of a jersey pull if that’s why he awarded it.

McAllister is awful and Erhahon wasn’t much better. 

That two terrible performances one at Rugby and then today.

Goodwin needs to get the finger out.  

Agree with most of that. 2 worrying performances where we were lucky to get a draw. As much as I like Erhahon, I thought he would have been subbed much earlier today. Was hoping Foley or Flynn would have come on, as our midfield was quiet today, especially first half. McAllister very poor again, so was Erwin although playing the lone striker is definitely not for him. Durmus looked lively when he came on. Be interesting to hear what's wrong with Obika and Dennis.

Edited by monthelie'

I think a draw was a fair result, but obviously Motherwell fans have a right to feel upset at how the equaliser came about, but to be honest, when you completely retreat and try to hold a 1-0 win for 40 minutes, shit happens. Was the same for Kilmarnock last week, who lost a honking equaliser, but it probably wouldn't have happened if they hadn't spent the last 30 mins standing on their 18 yard box.

Edited by GAD

Whilst I agree, we've come out of those two games with two draws. In years gone by we'd have lost both of those games. 
2 points that could be absolutely vital. Look how tight the league is just now.

Remember the days when we lost the first goal the game was effectively over? Happened so many times throughout the years.

We are now coming back into games and getting points from losing situations.

We do need to start performing over the 90 minutes though and not just 30 minutes of games.

Looks like dubious decisions do balance out over the course of a season after all.

Motherwell edged the 1st half, with us the 2nd. 

Hard to tell if it was a decent point or not,  as I thought we looked the most likely to get the 3 pts 2nd half. 

Thought Erwin had one of his better games in a game that the team weren't at their best. 

Bring on the Sainteeees. 

I think the ball had gotten away from Erwin, which makes Mugabi’s challenge all the more ridiculous but still a soft one. 
Picking up 2 draws when we played so badly is really encouraging but we need to get a grip in the middle of the park as the game is passing us by.

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Looks like dubious decisions do balance out over the course of a season after all.

Hard to tell if it was a decent point or not,  as I thought we looked the most likely to get the 3 pts 2nd half. 

Thought Erwin had one of his better games in a game that the team weren't at their best. 

Bring on the Sainteeees. 

Sainteeees next ?  God got to suffer their strange fans. 

Whilst I agree, we've come out of those two games with two draws. In years gone by we'd have lost both of those games. 

In both games draws were fair results too. I’ve seen some ‘horrific’ Saints performances in my time. The last two weeks wasn’t even close, but I suppose it a sign of our progress that now drawing with teams like Killie and Well are seen as horrific performances.

Both games we haven’t been at our best but we’ve stayed in the game and got a well earned point. We’re now three points off the top six with two games in hand (appeal dependent) and we have already made some good moves in this window. Things are going just... fine.

Bring on the Sainteeees. 

I thought Erwin was decent aswell today and was surprised at the stick he was getting. Didn’t look like scoring but he led the line well and linked up fine, and of course won the penalty. He can be happy with his days work, but I suspect he will be back on the bench next week.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

I thought Erwin was decent aswell today and was surprised at the stick he was getting. Didn’t look like scoring but he led the line well and linked up fine, and of course won the penalty. He can be happy with his days work, but I suspect he will be back on the bench next week.

He was awful up top himself but played very well with Brophy on milling around him.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

He was awful up top himself but played very well with Brophy on milling around him.

Which you can't really blame him for, as he was that isolated.  

Played well over the 90 minutes. 

A really dire point to note is that we never really score more than 1 goal in most games. Even with a much better keeper and a semi-competent defence, we are still struggling to make anything from the games we play, and when we do get that goal then the siege mentality comes into play (with ourselves being the ones sieged).

Honestly, the only thing that would brighten up this miserable season is if we get a win/draw against Aberdeen, other results go our way and we get a result in our favour regarding the appeals panel on Thursday.

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

A really dire point to note is that we never really score more than 1 goal in most games. Even with a much better keeper and a semi-competent defence, we are still struggling to make anything from the games we play, and when we do get that goal then the siege mentality comes into play (with ourselves being the ones sieged).

Honestly, the only thing that would brighten up this miserable season is if we get a win/draw against Aberdeen, other results go our way and we get a result in our favour regarding the appeals panel on Thursday.

Its looks like a confidence issue to me. 

St Mirren are winning on Thursday.