Thistle vs Cowdenbeath - 23rd March

R&Y99

13 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Looking forward to this not being on...

9am pitch inspection? It's almost like the club don't want the match to go ahead?

Temperature isn’t due to rise above 0 until about midday apparently, so not sure it would make a difference this week. If we’re not putting the USH on, that isn’t defrosting today.

Game moved to Tuesday. Should be fine by then if the forecast is correct.

Not suggesting for a minute that it suits us to have this game off [emoji849] but the temperature is supposed to drop below zero again on Monday and Tuesday so can't see why we're bothering unless there are incoming players imminent

17 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Not suggesting for a minute that it suits us to have this game off emoji849.png but the temperature is supposed to drop below zero again on Monday and Tuesday so can't see why we're bothering unless there are incoming players imminent

Incoming players has no relevance as regards this Scottish Cup tie

7 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:
Incoming players has no relevance as regards this Scottish Cup tie

Other than they might be signed on Monday and available to play on Tuesday? Unless there's a registration rule I'm unaware of?

For a postponed match in the Scottish Cup only players registered with the club at the time of the originally scheduled match can play

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Not suggesting for a minute that it suits us to have this game off emoji849.png but the temperature is supposed to drop below zero again on Monday and Tuesday so can't see why we're bothering unless there are incoming players imminent

According to the Met Office, temperatures will reach 7-8 degrees during the day tomorrow and Monday, and stay above zero through the day on Tuesday.

If that forecast is even close to accurate, the game will be on.

• 2 months later...

Really not in the mood for this cup tie after yesterday’s performance. I want us to get through for the prize money and also I want to see my team win. However, if we do get through it will add another fixture to an already hectic schedule. 

I’ll say 1-0 Thistle in a very poor game.