Aberdeen v Rangers - 10th Jan

Aye, it comes across as sour grapes but I really can’t get my head around a) why it was 2 minutes b) why goldson time wasting wasn’t added on and c) why we didn’t even play 2 minutes 
Once again, I'm sure Mr Beaton applied the rules correctly and had rangers been chasing an equaliser we'd have seen the exact same thought processes applied.

The amount of time pissed away in a 90 min football match is embarrassing, even without teams time-wasting.

It does sound like sour grapes but there are far fewer occasions when you think too long has been added than not enough.

Easy to say we fluffed our lines a little after going 2 up but you have to credit A'deen for not just staying with us but for scoring a well-deserved goal.

Funny to see @HibsFanspitting the dummy more than anyone on here.  Doesn't bode well for his team's trip to Glasgow tomorrow...

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

This is (inaccurate) editorialising. The actual wording of the law is "Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball". If you don't attempt to play the ball, even if it's an accidental foul, then it's still a red.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

So you're saying hedges was trying to get past for some purpose other than playing the ball? Sounds legit

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Aberdeen didn’t deserve anything out the game, so I find it difficult to sympathise with them only getting 2 mins added time.

Aye I'm sure that's a position you'd hold if the exact same thing had just played out between Aberdeen and Celtic.

Aberdeen didn’t deserve anything out the game, so I find it difficult to sympathise with them only getting 2 mins added time.
That's not the fucking point though. I'm not saying we would've equalised had we had another minute or two.

I've always said about games against the Old Firm, it's usually not the huge decisions (although we can argue that today) it's the tons of little ones that go against you. Every 50/50 throw and every 50/50 free kick. If Aberdeen are 2-1 up, there are more than 2 mins of stoppage time and there's no way the free kick that Rangers get in stoppage time is a free kick.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Main should have been off too. Truly bizarre blaming that defeat on the officials. 

More blame should  be on McInnes for picking jobbers like Main, dire defending from Taylor and poor decision making from Cosgrove.

7 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Once again, I'm sure Mr Beaton applied the rules correctly and had rangers been chasing an equaliser we'd have seen the exact same thought processes applied.

The amount of time pissed away in a 90 min football match is embarrassing, even without teams time-wasting.

It does sound like sour grapes but there are far fewer occasions when you think too long has been added than not enough.

He should have asked his assistant Mr Ross to assist oh wait a minute he is allegedly leader of the Scottish Conservative & UNIONIST Party so would be totally unbiased. 

1 minute ago, DMCs said:

Main should have been off too. Truly bizarre blaming that defeat on the officials. 

More blame should  be on McInnes for picking jobbers like Main, dire defending from Taylor and poor decision making from Cosgrove.

Correct. Aberdeen were lucky to keep ten men on the pitch. The officials saved them from a total drubbing.

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Note to a Coisty... legend that he is... sometimes it’s okay to say something was just okay. Doesn’t have to be brilliant, fantastic, wonderful, tremendous etc 👍

I like McCoist as a commentator, but he falls into the American teenager trap.....'I got my nails done today....oh, that's AWESOME !!!' 

No it isn't fucking awesome. Sunrise over the Grand Canyon is awesome. A cure for cancer is awesome. Having your nails done isn't.

Likewise, a 10 yard pass to your own player is not 'brilliant'. 

Dial down the hyperbole Ally, otherwise you've nowhere to go when something 'brilliant' actually does happen..

3 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Who is blaming the officials?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:
5 minutes ago, coprolite said:
So you're saying hedges was trying to get past for some purpose other than playing the ball? Sounds legit

The offence was not an attempt to play the ball. "Oh, but I was going to try to play the ball in a few seconds" doesn't cut it.

Entirely agree with your views on the incident. The laws are clear to see why it was the correct decision to send him off.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The offence was not an attempt to play the ball. "Oh, but I was going to try to play the ball in a few seconds" doesn't cut it.

It's a bit of a stretch admittedly but there is no way that natural justice is served by the laws if that's a sending off.