Morton vs Pars - do we have to?

DA Baracus

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

After reading more this couldn't be given an exemption as there isn't time for the clubs to be compliant with the new testing regulation.

Is it more onourious than current Championship testing if so lower league teams are fucked.

1 minute ago, Paisley Ton said:

Is it more onourious than current Championship testing if so lower league teams are fucked.

A bit. Lower league teams don't need to worry themselves about it since their leagues are suspended.

Would expect this tie probably will get played soon enough rather than waiting for the rest of the leagues to come back. Wouldn't be entirely shocked to see the R3 ties involving Premiership or Championship clubs played soon enough as well even if the lower leagues remain suspended.

On 08/01/2021 at 18:25, virginton said:

- no evidence of 'club agreement' on anything: the alternative date is already set out by the SFA in advance

- therefore absolutely zero need to 'consult' with any 'relevant authorities' whatsoever

On 08/01/2021 at 18:56, virginton said:

If by 'semantics' you mean 'facts', sure. 

just noticed your last contribution there.........     I'm sure you're very well aware that the "relevant authorities" have to be involved, among other things to:  a) officially sanction the game to go ahead,   b) confirm the Covid status of players & officials of both clubs, and  c) to confirm either that the original team of match officials remains available or to arrange for any changes needed. And after today's announcement, of course, they will have been in contact wtih the clubs regarding the postponement of tomorrow's game.

As I said I'm sure you are aware of this; you're simply choosing to ignore it as part of your endless pursuit of point-scoring. Unfortunately for you, on this occasion your points tally is completely Brechinesque in its emptiness. One almost hates to see it.

(almost, but not quite).   😁

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

• 2 months later...

Our priority is the League and with this in mind I can see Gus making a few changes. Can't do much with the defence but can see him giving starts to Salkeld, Muirhead, Johnson and Sterling.

Can't say I'm excited about this, just want it out of the way and if we do win then that's a bonus.

Gus has changed the shape of the team and the players actually looked comfortable and it seemed to suit our style of play.

In saying that, he'll treat the League as a priority and rightly so. As mentioned I think we'll see a few changes.  It would be crazy not to utilise the squad at this stage of the season.

I'm actually not fussed about the game, but obviously always want Morton to win. 

On 21/03/2021 at 11:34, JustOneCornetto said:

Our priority is the League and with this in mind I can see Gus making a few changes.

Or, having just utilised a new system with changed personnel, he sees this as an advantageous extra game to build familiarity with it and momentum?

f**k it, let's go Morton for a season changing Fife double this week.

Hard to know what to think about this, as said above: unwelcome distraction? Or a chance for a new manager to get another 90 minutes on shape and  get a look at two or three other players?

Guess he might stick with the 3-5-2, but Dunfermline have better wide players than QoS.

Prediction is that Dunfermline don't give a f**k and we get another win (is there extra-time?). Oliver to remedy his utterly scandalous failure to score last time out against his favourite club.

13 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

(is there extra-time?)

Oaft, can you imagine this went to a replay? 

I would like Stevie to experiment with going all out attack from the first whistle. 2/3 up front, high press, bombing on the wings. Concede 4 score 5. 

Jacobs returns from injury which is good news. Quite a few changes from Saturday with Ledger, Jacobs, McGuffie, Lyon and Sterling in for Oliver, Orsi, Fjortoft, McGinn and Colville.

In other news, we have a sub keeper on the bench for the 1st (FIRST) time this season.

Edited by Jamie_M