Morton vs Pars - do we have to?

DA Baracus

28 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

This is what I’m not understanding. One player missed their game on Saturday with covid. These 3 new positives were available and (presumably) played that day. Government guidance is that you self isolate for 10 days from when you first experience symptoms. The rules that all clubs and players are aware of this year state that anyone with even mild symptoms is not allowed to train or play.

Either these players played with symptoms and therefore should be punished, or they started experiencing symptoms in the days following the game and should be isolating for 10 days from that date. Either way, I can’t see how they are able to play in a game on the 2nd, later get symptoms/test positive and be available on the 12th without breaking rules.

It depends if they have symptoms  - I assume not in which case they need to see isolate from 10 days after a +test, if they had symptoms when the other players were ill and took some time to get tested then they will be fine presumably after 12th Jan unless like you say they played whilst symptomatic/ positive.

Morton don't make the decisions as to what players have to isolate and which don't. The local NHS board will do that after speaking to the relevant players. They (the NHS tracing  team) will then ascertain who and who was not deemed a close contact of the players who tested positive and make the necessary decisions on who needs to isolate as a result.

13 hours ago, 101 said:

How can three players test positive today and then on Tuesday the entire squad will be available? Surely these players are now in isolation until 17th.

We also had four players self-isolating already for the game v Alloa on the 2nd, in addition to the one positive we had then. If they can all be back by the 12th, that suggests the three positive cases are among the four who were already self-isolating and all of their symptoms had started already on or before the 2nd?

The odds of that seem slim, but then again maybe the training bubbles have actually worked properly if the only players positive are those who were already isolating due to close contact with the other positive case, with the rest of the squad safe.

52 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

We also had four players self-isolating already for the game v Alloa on the 2nd, in addition to the one positive we had then. If they can all be back by the 12th, that suggests the three positive cases are among the four who were already self-isolating and all of their symptoms had started already on or before the 2nd?

The odds of that seem slim, but then again maybe the training bubbles have actually worked properly if the only players positive are those who were already isolating due to close contact with the other positive case, with the rest of the squad safe.

Could well be, I would be worried if NHS takes that long to come back that would show a real delay in the system. 

Tbh I think the bubbles will work outdoor transmission is low so provided they are split between the 2/3 dressing rooms then I think that's why we have been lucky with very few cases.

If someone shows symptoms they are supposed to immediately isolate and stay in isolation until they get their test results back. If it's positive they will be contacted by the tracing team of the local NHS board. How long that takes just depends on how busy they are at the time.

I know that in Dundee, in the couple of months before Christmas, that was anything from a few hours to a couple of days. No idea what it would be in Renfrewshire of course.

Training outdoors almost certainly doesn't count as close contact. A lot of the times (in relation to football clubs) being a close contact is down to luck, such as how close you sat next to a certain person at lunch or where you sat on the bus. 

15 hours ago, CallumPar said:

This is what I’m not understanding. One player missed their game on Saturday with covid. These 3 new positives were available and (presumably) played that day. Government guidance is that you self isolate for 10 days from when you first experience symptoms. The rules that all clubs and players are aware of this year state that anyone with even mild symptoms is not allowed to train or play.

Either these players played with symptoms and therefore should be punished, or they started experiencing symptoms in the days following the game and should be isolating for 10 days from that date. Either way, I can’t see how they are able to play in a game on the 2nd, later get symptoms/test positive and be available on the 12th without breaking rules.

what if the players who tested positive showed no symptoms ?    do the isolate for 10 days from when they tested positive ?

what if the players who tested positive showed no symptoms ?    do the isolate for 10 days from when they tested positive ?

That’s my understanding of the self-isolation rules currently in place (I could be wrong though). You isolate for 10 days from the first day you experienced symptoms. If you do not show any symptoms, it is 10 days from your positive test result.

The reasoning for this is that you are most likely to spread this inside the first 10 days after catching the virus. That’s the reason players are not allowed to train/play in any capacity if they experience symptoms or fail the temperature check, which has to be done before entering the training facilities/stadium.

I hadn’t realised that 4 players missed the Alloa game. If that’s the case, then you’d have to assume that all of the positive tests come from that small group, if they are all going to be available on Tuesday.

If Morton are saying all players will be available again by the 12th, the delay can only be with the announcement, rather than the testing... so no surprise there at all.

Medium-term weather forecast suggests this might just make it on Tuesday night... otherwise, both clubs should be begging the SFA/SPFL for a Sunday-league style 'double-header' on Friday night...

6 minutes ago, gameofthrones said:

Yes, anyone who tests positive has to isolate. They might not show symptoms but they can still be contagious.

14 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Morton announced that the pitch inspection was due to take place this morning.

No idea. Struggling to see the point, tho, of an inspection a day and five or six hours before kick-off. The point of doing it a day in advance is to get a sense of what the pitch might be like at kick-off time, assuming no great change in the weather.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

No idea. Struggling to see the point, tho, of an inspection a day and five or six hours before kick-off. The point of doing it a day in advance is to get a sense of what the pitch might be like at kick-off time, assuming no great change in the weather.

We have decided it's off. Does it matter when we get a ref down to confirm it for us?

31 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

We have decided it's off. Does it matter when we get a ref down to confirm it for us?

😳

Yes, I somehow suspect that it does. And that'll still be the case even if/when we're under fan ownership. 

7 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳

Yes, I somehow suspect that it does. And that'll still be the case even if/when we're under fan ownership. 

The clubs have agreed an early inspection due to the state of the pitch and it being deemed highly unlikely anything will change. The clubs have agreed the rescheduled date. The ref coming is a formality. There is no reason to leave it close to kickoff.