Morton vs Pars - do we have to?

DA Baracus

Seriously? Can we just do a coin toss to decide this one, or a series of games like in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey where they face Death in Battleship and the like?

An absolutely hideously shit draw, although less so for Morton given our absolute dearth of victories over them, especially at Cappielow.

My prediction: P-P

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What's the situation in Greenock, weather wise? Is the game likely to be in doubt? Changes my whole Saturday plans if it's off.

I'd say 50-50. Generally frost on the ground most mornings but it's already thawed by now. If we don't have covers down I reckon it will be off.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

What's the situation in Greenock, weather wise? Is the game likely to be in doubt? Changes my whole Saturday plans if it's off.

What you guys not in lockdown?

To comply with Nicky rules I keep it simple. After a bit of lunch get some external exercise in , then at 15.00 PPV Morton game , if off there is always Sky/BT Sport. So plans don't change much only team/game choices.

A bit of snow covering followed by above freezing temps Sat give the game 70% chance of going ahead.

I would say it's  a 50/50 game, maybe first goal the winner.

Does the no replay rules still apply in this round, might overlap with the 5.00 game.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Toby sickness

2 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

What you guys not in lockdown?

To comply with Nicky rules I keep it simple. After a bit of lunch get some external exercise in , then at 15.00 PPV Morton game , if off there is always Sky/BT Sport. So plans don't change much only team/game choices.

A bit of snow covering followed by above freezing temps Sat give the game 70% chance of going ahead.

I would say it's  a 50/50 game, maybe first goal the winner.

Does the no replay rules still apply in this round, might overlap with the 5.00 game.

We are but still allowed to travel out into nature, which we've been doing most Saturdays recently. If the games on, I have to get us out the door early for our hike. Games off- no rush.

8 hours ago, GiGi said:

I'd say 50-50. Generally frost on the ground most mornings but it's already thawed by now. 

Not beneath the surface it hasn't. The ground has been frozen solid for the best part of a week.

No chance of the game going ahead, hence the inspection tomorrow.

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Further 3 Covid cases for us. Game likely to be moved to Tuesday evening. 

With the number of cases will the game not get called off.

Hope not awarded as with us likely safe in the league a cup run would be a welcome diversion and maybe a bit of excitement to finish off the season of PPV watching.

How can three players test positive today and then on Tuesday the entire squad will be available? Surely these players are now in isolation until 17th.

This is what I’m not understanding. One player missed their game on Saturday with covid. These 3 new positives were available and (presumably) played that day. Government guidance is that you self isolate for 10 days from when you first experience symptoms. The rules that all clubs and players are aware of this year state that anyone with even mild symptoms is not allowed to train or play.

Either these players played with symptoms and therefore should be punished, or they started experiencing symptoms in the days following the game and should be isolating for 10 days from that date. Either way, I can’t see how they are able to play in a game on the 2nd, later get symptoms/test positive and be available on the 12th without breaking rules.