The Dubai Select XI's U23s vs Hibernian

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

😉

Of course not! But hey maybe neither of us will be paying out if its null and void

Not a chance will they null and void it. I hope you don't mind me quoting you every time Celtic drop points! 

30 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Hahahaha what?

He's clearly talented, no question. But he has had one good season at Motherwell and a good few months at Celtic. Armstrong was by no means just a squad player and a player theyve struggled to replace the past few years.

Right now Armstrong is the better player. But Turnbull has the potential to be better. Whether he fufils that or not remains to be seen.

This is the problem.  

Many of us didn't need a year to appreciate Robertson, Tierney, McGinn, Gilmour, and Turnbull are a cut above.   

It's great Scottish Football has produced 5 really special players in the last 5 years.   

The likes of Ryan Jack, Callum McGregor are fine players but others can appreciate the gems.   In time you'll get it.  

Edited by Erih Shtrep

22 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

i know the keeper flaps but 3 defenders shitting their wee pants and crumbling back into the goal line - not one of them brave enough to charge out to the ball. duffy's is half hearted at best.

extraordinary how much space Nisbet ends up in there at the edge of the 6 yard box.

image.png.0d8afa6f9fca6971a03bfe6cf24379cb.png

On the right hand side three defenders become two and then centrally the other three retreat to the goal line

Duffy always ends up on the deck after every defensive shambles. Like he actually wants the ground the swallow him up
Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. He's the same for Southern Ireland. Makes mistakes frequently including positionally and loves to dive into heroic last ditch diving attempts to block shots.

5 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

This is the problem.  

Many of us didn't need a year to appreciate Robertson, Tierney, McGinn, Gilmour, and Turnbull are a cut above.   

It's great Scottish Football has produced 5 really special players in the last 5 years.   

The likes of Ryan Jack, Callum McGregor are fine players but others can appreciate the gems.   In time you'll get it.  

David Turnbull only fits in the Scotland side if he replaces John McGinn or Stuart Armstrong. He's not capable of filling the Jack/McGregor/McLean/Fleck roles because it's way too deep for him and he isn't good defensively.

He's not better than McGinn or Armstrong at the moment. He might get there, but he's a way off yet. Those players are regularly producing at a far higher standard than Turnbull.

Just now, BucksburnDandy said:
19 minutes ago, Jimmy Burke Loyal said:
Duffy always ends up on the deck after every defensive shambles. Like he actually wants the ground the swallow him up

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. He's the same for Southern Ireland. Makes mistakes frequently including positionally and loves to dive into heroic last ditch diving attempts to block shots.

Yip, then if you notice he always like to shout at someone after his shortcomings

1 minute ago, G51 said:

David Turnbull only fits in the Scotland side if he replaces John McGinn or Stuart Armstrong. He's not capable of filling the Jack/McGregor/McLean/Fleck roles because it's way too deep for him and he isn't good defensively.

He's not better than McGinn or Armstrong at the moment. He might get there, but he's a way off yet. Those players are regularly producing at a far higher standard than Turnbull.

Think in the right team Turnbull is different gravy, the biggest shortcoming will be if he stays with them and becomes brainwashed like Mcstay Broon et al 

5 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:
23 minutes ago, Jimmy Burke Loyal said:

Deflection incoming  alert

1 minute ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Think in the right team Turnbull is different gravy, the biggest shortcoming will be if he stays with them and becomes brainwashed like Mcstay Broon et al 

He's unlucky that the role he plays is probably the strongest part of the Scotland team at the minute.

Also, I'd be very wary about having both Turnbull and Christie in the same team. Imagine all the shots from thirty yards out we'd take. Can't get away with that when you aren't dominating possession.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I see you wanted him subbed until he scored with one of only two touches of class in a poor game.  Of course both came from DT.    Thankfully the Celtic manager is on nodding terms with what's *actually* going on.  

There's absolutely no proof to suggest Fleck is good defensively, indeed a quick check to the 'Blades forum' will confirm you're talking pish.   McTominay, Gilmour, Jack are the best defensive midfielders.   

Perhaps you can come out of this with some credit and compare Armstrong v Turnbull over the last few months?    Or you can retreat into the long grass.  

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

He's unlucky that the role he plays is probably the strongest part of the Scotland team at the minute.

Also, I'd be very wary about having both Turnbull and Christie in the same team. Imagine all the shots from thirty yards out we'd take. Can't get away with that when you aren't dominating possession.

Not sure I could see a formation where Turnbull and Christie would work for Scotland (which seems to need a bit tin in the middle). Both fantastic talents though.