The Dubai Select XI's U23s vs Hibernian

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

As competitions like the FA cup have shown for years, any team that makes 6, 7, 8 changes at once is going to struggle.

I reckon Hibs 2-0 tonight.

Canny see it tbh. You know if Celtic win this game after all this "adversity" all will be right in their world again, well even more so when they get the season stopped and then null and void 

I think Celtc might actually win this with some lucky penalty or last minute goal or something

Too many people I know have put silly money on Hibs in the past 48 hours, the universe would not allow such banter. 

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We had this before with Bolingoli, eligibility to play purely comes down to a) not being suspended and b) having a negative PCR test in the last 72 (might be 48 hours) before the game.

He may or may not be supposed to be isolating, but this does not affect his eligibility for the game from a football perspective. It might open the club up to some sanctions later on, but that doesn't affect this particular match.

My feeling, however, is that this will have been discussed with the authorities today, if it's even a rule in the first place.

Either way, I'd guess Celtic having a second instance of a player "leaving the bubble" then playing a game a few days after, will likely see us all punished.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Pretty poor from Celtic leaving a reserve team coach and a 21 year old fringe player to field all the questions.

Where's the Board through all of this and what exactly are they doing ??

Pretty sure Lennon must have COVID, he’s failed every other test this season. 

Ineligible players are no problem for the SPFL-Dundee were previously relegated on the last day at Livingston in a shoot out to see who stayed up.

Livingston were found to have played an ineligible player -did they lose the points-no-£15,000 fine.

SPFL do not have the balls to do anything that is morally correct.

Any other sport play an ineligible player you lose the points.

Edited by Bobby12340

2 minutes ago, Bobby12340 said:

Ineligible players are no problem for the SPFL-Dundee were previously relegated on the last day at Livingston in a shoot out to see who stayed up.

Livingston were found to have played an ineligible player -did they lose the points-no-£15,000 fine.

SPFL do not have the balls to do anything that is morally correct.

Any other sport play an ineligible player you lose the points.

The SPFL didn't even exist then you raging lunatic.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Wonder what the difference is between Shane Duffy and a club signing a player from a foreign country?

I imagine that's what's being discussed by the Scottish Government next time they meet, tbh.

Not to worry though, we have the great minds of Ian Maxwell and Neil Doncaster riding in to prevent Scottish football being completely stopped for a month.

Wonder what the difference is between Shane Duffy and a club signing a player from a foreign country?
Because foreign signings have to isolate for 14 days regardless.
Duffy hasn't been signed from a foreign country for tonight's game?

Just a guess.