The Dubai Select XI's U23s vs Hibernian

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic have not followed all protocols. There is ample evidence to suggest that they broke COVID protocols, which probably explains why they have 16 (!) close contacts off one positive test.

This is what Hibs are contesting.

Having 16 players unavailable is because they are following the protocols of close contacts being unable to play.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Having 16 players unavailable is because they are following the protocols of close contacts being unable to play.

So how do you think they ended up with 16 players identified as close contacts?

There are photos of them sitting around tables with no masks having their dinner and a few drams. Maybe that contributed?

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
It's not up to the Scottish Government to "punish" Celtic, that's why we have governing bodies in football.

Agreed but hell will freeze over before the SFA punish their golden boys

This is True I suppose.

The problem the authorities have is that they were incompetent in not rescinding the permission / advice which had been previously issued regarding their trip as things had changed drastically since this permission / advice was issued.

Don't get me wrong, Celtic were seriously pushing their luck in going on this trip and knew exactly that what they were doing was wrong, but from a legal viewpoint they were within their rights I suppose which says just as much about them as the authorities.

There are photos of them sitting around tables with no masks having their dinner and a few drams. Maybe that contributed?
Hard to eat your dinner through a mask to be fair .

11 minutes ago, GordonD said:

They should call the season now. Award Rangers the title but apart from that no promotion or relegation.

It's what Hearts were pushing for last season so they can't complain about it.

Best post on this thread, well done that man, I’m with you all the way...

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Is this the PCR testing that the SPFL rules require? I'm sure there have been plenty of cases of clubs waiting a day or so for results to come through.

Can't imagine it would be less stringent. If everyone offshore was positive then that would likely shut the platform down.

Just now, Romeo said:
1 minute ago, G51 said:

Hard to eat your dinner through a mask to be fair .

Which is probably why they shouldn't all be crowded round a table doing that.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I've never wanted to see a team selection more than for tonight's game.

Headsgone potential level = Extreme

Given that I stuck a ton on Hibs, I'm seriously hoping that Duffy, Brown, Bain, plus the youth team are playing.

Just now, G51 said:

I would suggest travelling in a plane is the biggest danger to transmission. Travel arrangements were the reason for so many in the Scotland U21 squad having to isolate after there was an outbreak.

Should Celtic have flown to Dubai? No. Did they break any rules or laws to do so? No.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I would suggest travelling in a plane is the biggest danger to transmission. Travel arrangements were the reason for so many in the Scotland U21 squad having to isolate after there was an outbreak.

Should Celtic have flown to Dubai? No. Did they break any rules or laws to do so? No.

Did they break the COVID-19 protocols when they were there? Clearly, yes.

Apparently Hibs asked for another round of testing on Celtic players or they didn't feel safe to play, and the authorities told them they'd face a points deduction if the game didn't go ahead.

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

tbf, I will take a "walk off the park ahead of ko" if they just call the leagues now, no promotion or relegation.......................

Still shitting it from the big team eh! Fortunately the president  has been set promote the team in 1st expel the team in bottom.

see you next year bitch😘

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Airports are more dangerous than the plane - something to do with the Covid droplets not lasting long in the recycled air on the plane - so as long as you're not right next to someone, you should be fine on the plane itself.

Edited by tarapoa

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

We've already done that one.

What?

It's not a wind up, journalists are now reporting it.

SPFL have absolutely fucked this.