January Transfers

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Motherwell IN: Sam Foley (from St Mirren, permanent

The more I think of it, the more I don't understand why we didn't loan him. While not a guarantee, there is potential for this to be a complete banana skin for us.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

The more I think of it, the more I don't understand why we didn't loan him. While not a guarantee, there is potential for this to be a complete banana skin for us.

He wasn't being offered a new contract at the end of the season, so JG said it was only fair, particularly in the current climate, to give him a chance to sort out his long term future.

I'd rather he hadn't gone to a team in our league, but shit happens.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He wasn't being offered a new contract at the end of the season, so JG said it was only fair, particularly in the current climate, to give him a chance to sort out his long term future.

I'd rather he hadn't gone to a team in our league, but shit happens.

The Motherwell contract is only until the end of the season, the same deal he has with us. The only difference it would have made is that he couldn't play against us.

I am all for playing the fair game, but we held the whip hand in this situation.

Deadline day!

Someone smarter than me will know for certain, but through updating this thread v normal, feels like there's been a lot less deals done this window than there usually is. Effects of Covid I guess.

Celtic and Aberdeen concluding deals mean that only Dundee United and Rangers haven't officially signed anyone in this window, with 2 hours remaining...

Hendry, to me, seems an odd one. I get that it's just a loan and not permanent, but I would have thought St Johnstone would have preferred to keep him around. Isn't he quite highly thought of in Perth?

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Hendry, to me, seems an odd one. I get that it's just a loan and not permanent, but I would have thought St Johnstone would have preferred to keep him around. Isn't he quite highly thought of in Perth?

Its a loan, hes still contracted to us until 2022.

He's 4th choice with us for a reason this season. Sounds like we wanted him to get regular games on loan, and he wanted regular games, so a loan was the best option. I'm not entirely sure why Aberdeen is the club hes chosen though.

Sad to see Ntcham go, a great player on his day but was never going to stay at Celtic long

Can't knock the Frimpong transfer now, don't care who you are in the scottish league you arn't going to turn down £11 million for a right back. Kenny has seen plenty action in youth internationals so expect he can be a suitable replacement ableit temporarily.