Livingston v Ross County 9th Jan

Another defensive shambles. First goal is so naive; you know Livi will shell it up the park any chance they get so why are you standing at the halfway line? Just drop off 5 yards. That set the tone defensively really. Understand we scored a very fortunate goal but the three Livi goals were fucking horrific defensively.

Well, we got there in the end. we were clearer going for it with those subs and I felt we shaded the second half. If you're a County fan, what can you say about that Shaw miss? I get angry when Livi players miss chances like that. I think "If you need better/more chances than that to score where do expect to be in the league?". Otherwise County were decent and they are definitely in with a shout of getting off the bottom.

Jet is some baller... shame he can’t run! Haven’t seen him win a header either but that was brilliant footwork. Robinson excellent again, was clean through when the ref pulled play back for a free kick too. And well done to Jack Hamilton for scoring in his first game back. Hope to see Forrest on the pitch more after that performance but with everyone playing well I don’t know who I’d take off. Looking forward to Aberdeen now... can we make it 9 in a row? 

Well, we got there in the end. we were clearer going for it with those subs and I felt we shaded the second half. If you're a County fan, what can you say about that Shaw miss? I get angry when Livi players miss chances like that. I think "If you need better/more chances than that to score where do expect to be in the league?". Otherwise County were decent and they are definitely in with a shout of getting off the bottom.

Misses like that have happened in literally every game this season and that’s no word of a lie. It’s why we’re where we are, mixed with a defence that can’t keep a clean sheet.

18 months after promotion, Ross County are still an absolute gang at the back. Felt pretty confident we would get another goal as the second half went on as Keith Watson seemed determined to give us opportunities. Glad that we kept patient for the most part, playing roughly the same way. 

Fair play to big JET, his strength and piece of skill opened up the chance for the second goal. He has looked much better in recent weeks. Alan Forrest and Hamilton with big impacts after coming on as well.

Devlin with a lot of joy against a hopeless Iacovitti who should have been sent off. Aside from him, defence was a lot more shaky than it has been for a while. Fitzwater was a miss.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Misses like that have happened in literally every game this season and that’s no word of a lie. It’s why we’re where we are, mixed with a defence that can’t keep a clean sheet.

Sorry to say but I don't think John Hughes brand of football will be the answer to your seasons problems.. Hope I'm wrong and you somehow get a run going to stay up.

Livi probably just, just about deserved that, but 3-1 feels harsh. County could have quite comfortably taken something from that game but the same old traits in our game, although not as glaring as under SK, are still creeping in. 

Have to admit even despite Livingston's good form, I'm disappointed not to have taken a point, anyway.

11 minutes ago, Livi96 said:

Hope to see Forrest on the pitch more after that performance but with everyone playing well I don’t know who I’d take off. 

Holt had a sore one towards the end. Wouldn't be a huge surprise if he misses out on Wednesday. A shame as he's been in great form.