Season a write off?

11 hours ago, true fan said:

Authorities are writing to championship clubs to see whether they want to play on - according to bbc website.

wonder how Arbroath will vote? Hearts?

you couldn’t make it up

In future if a player punches another in the face the referee will write to the perpetrator to ask if he would like to be sent off.

Leading  from the front

Blame the clubs for not putting contingencies in place at the start of the season. 

11 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

And now also reported in the Herald. Interesting, but probably predictable, that Championship clubs being consulted. Not only was there no consultation with third and fourth division clubs, reports say that they were not allowed to ask questions or comment at the recent SPFL meeting. 

B0EAD01D-BD03-4854-B15C-B5ADECC78560.jpeg

It would be interesting to know how many votes it takes to prompt a vote of no confidence in Doncaster and Maxwell. I think there would be 20 votes from the lower leagues.

Edited by Brazilianlex

11 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

And now also reported in the Herald. Interesting, but probably predictable, that Championship clubs being consulted. Not only was there no consultation with third and fourth division clubs, reports say that they were not allowed to ask questions or comment at the recent SPFL meeting. 

If by 'reports' you mean the braying Stenhousemuir chairman not understanding how a mass Zoom call is typically managed in any organisation, sure.

SPFL clubs literally get the leadership that they deserve because it is the clubs who decide who gets the administrative jobs. Doncaster keeps getting the nod because he is a useful lightning rod for club executives to point to, when they don't have a clue how to resolve complex situations either. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

If by 'reports' you mean the braying Stenhousemuir chairman not understanding how a mass Zoom call is typically managed in any organisation, sure.

SPFL clubs literally get the leadership that they deserve because it is the clubs who decide who gets the administrative jobs. Doncaster keeps getting the nod because he is a useful lightning rod for club executives to point to, when they don't have a clue how to resolve complex situations either. 

It’s a vicious circle.

The member Clubs are too self interested so blame the CEO when convenient. The CEO is incompetent and panders to the most powerful members.

The only time anyone tries to suggest change is in time of crisis in order to further their own agenda and income.

Maybe one day, there will be proper leadership and discussion over a period of time to come up with a reconstruction proposal that suits ALL Clubs and fans. Dream on !

Doncaster only has the amount of power he is given by the member clubs. He can’t make any decisions without the majority backing of these members. As happened at the end of last season there is chaos because clubs understandably vote for whatever serves their club best. How the clubs could not see the possibility of the season not finishing and come up with a plan if it did not, at the beginning, Fck knows. Buried their heads in the sand. It’s nuts.

Absolutely everything has been based around what clubs hoped would happen. The taxpayer is now coughing up £5million for leagues that are largely part-time, when the clubs knew the risks of going ahead with the season . The option to mothball was unpalatable, but it was there. 

People will criticise the Scottish Government for the league suspension, but they've stepped up to bail out clubs who started the season with their fingers crossed and their eyes closed. 

Guest The Phoenix
19 minutes ago, an86 said:

People will criticise the Scottish Government for the league suspension.

Which would be entirely inappropriate.. The SG played no part in the decision to suspend Scottish Football below the Championship.

1 minute ago, The Phoenix said:

Which would be entirely inappropriate.. The SG played no part in the decision to suspend Scottish Football below the Championship.

The decision was taken following a meeting with the Sports Minister. Whether the call was the Government, SFA, or mutual agreement will depend on the agenda of whoever is making the argument. 

The point still stands that the government is bailing out clubs who new the risks of starting. It was the equivalent of seeing a forecast for a risk of snow, climbing up Ben Nevis in your sambas and then blaming the mountain rescue service when they arrive in the helicopter to rescue you. 

12 hours ago, virginton said:

If by 'reports' you mean the braying Stenhousemuir chairman not understanding how a mass Zoom call is typically managed in any organisation, sure

I have been to many such meetings with dozens of participants where you raise your hand and then comment when called. That this was not allowed suggests that comments weren’t wanted. 

Guest The Phoenix
6 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I have been to many such meetings with dozens of participants where you raise your hand and then comment when called. That this was not allowed suggests that comments weren’t wanted. 

1. If anyone wishes to speak at the meeting, please notify ******* ******* (“host”) via the “chat” icon within Zoom so that you can be unmuted when signalled by the Chairman.

10 hours ago, an86 said:

Absolutely everything has been based around what clubs hoped would happen. The taxpayer is now coughing up £5million for leagues that are largely part-time, when the clubs knew the risks of going ahead with the season . The option to mothball was unpalatable, but it was there. 

People will criticise the Scottish Government for the league suspension, but they've stepped up to bail out clubs who started the season with their fingers crossed and their eyes closed. 

Not exactly eyes closed. No one could have imagined that the second wave that was predicted would have been worse than the first outbreak.  On that principle part time clubs , from what I'm hearing, went above and beyond the stipulated safety measures to allow games to proceed . 

Part time clubs are as much part of the PAYE scheme as any other tax paying organisation and therefore are as entitled as anyone else to use the furlough scheme. To suggest that they are fortunate to be bailed out is a non starter. 

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not sure about that bit.

I’d go as far as to say it was blindingly obvious.  People have become complacent, restrictions were more lax than last spring and pretty much binned over Christmas.  Add in normal seasonal pressure on the NHS and the current shitstorm was always going to happen.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not sure about that bit.

That was the general perception in summer when the figures fell and the government and public  started to believe that the tier system was a manageable way forward. No one predicticted new strains and certainly no one predicted a nationwide lockdown again. 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

That was the general perception in summer when the figures fell and the government and public  started to believe that the tier system was a manageable way forward. No one predicticted new strains and certainly no one predicted a nationwide lockdown again. 

I genuinely don't know what you've been reading but all the evidence of previous pandemics informed reports I read that a second wave was inevitable.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’d go as far as to say it was blindingly obvious.  People have become complacent, restrictions were more lax than last spring and pretty much binned over Christmas.  Add in normal seasonal pressure on the NHS and the current shitstorm was always going to happen.

I would agree on your points in hindsight . The point I was making was based on the comment that part time clubs went into the season with their eyes closed.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I genuinely don't know what you've been reading but all the evidence of previous pandemics informed reports I read that a second wave was inevitable.

Yes but no one predicted at the time of the season starting that it would be as bad as it was.   Also there were definitely no warnings that starting the season was a stupid idea for part time clubs. 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

Yes but no one predicted at the time of the season starting that it would be as bad as it was.   Also there were definitely no warnings that starting the season was a stupid idea for part time clubs. 

Yes there was. They were asked if they wanted to opt out.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes there was. They were asked if they wanted to opt out.

As I said , hindsight is a wonderful thing and I think you are using that now to try and trip me up again.   Everyone was told of the probability of a second wave and going by  the public's  general  reaction and complacency , the general feeling was one of hope that the second wave would be easier managed. 

The option was there but obviously clubs had the same optimistic approach as the general public and  by implementing the measures they did , felt confident to proceed. 

5 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

As I said , hindsight is a wonderful thing and I think you are using that now to try and trip me up again.   Everyone was told of the probability of a second wave and going by  the public's  general  reaction and complacency , the general feeling was one of hope that the second wave would be easier managed. 

The option was there but obviously clubs had the same optimistic approach as the general public and  by implementing the measures they did , felt confident to proceed. 

No-one is trying to trip you up. Clubs were given no guarantee that crowds would be allowed. Many non-league teams took the opportunity to withdraw. League clubs were optimistic inspite of the evidence.

Being able to remember isn't hindsight.