Season a write off?

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Can't see how that is feasible but they will have to test the players now.

I don't think we will be back playing in 3 weeks and there is little chance of finishing the season unless it is extended beyond April.

Yes  I would agree.  The way things are going that light at the end of the tunnel is fading . 

From what I understand this means that the players can't train either for the next 3 weeks. So this could be much longer as players will be needing some time to get up to fitness etc.

Depressing but not unexpected. 

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The whole of Aberdeen was shut down because of the misbehaviour of a handful of players. Celtic (the SNP’s team) get away with murder. The amount of people involved in senior games are significantly more than any lower league games.

If it’s about testing and the lower league teams can’t afford frequent testing why does it have to cost so much and why can’t the SG use some of the money the’ve got stashed away. 

Fūck me!

Think Leagues One and Two have been used as a sacrificial pawn by the football authorities to try and placate the Scottish Government and avoid all games being postponed.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Can't see how that is feasible but they will have to test the players now.

I don't think we will be back playing in 3 weeks and there is little chance of finishing the season unless it is extended beyond April.

Agree, no chance we will be back in three weeks. The SPFL could cancel the final round of nine games in the two divisions affected and, if football can be restarted by the end of February, then we could pick up where we left off and finish the second round of matches, so the season has 18 games with everyone having played each other home away.

10 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Think Leagues One and Two have been used as a sacrificial pawn by the football authorities to try and placate the Scottish Government and avoid all games being postponed.

Agree, no chance we will be back in three weeks. The SPFL could cancel the final round of nine games in the two divisions affected and, if football can be restarted by the end of February, then we could pick up where we left off and finish the second round of matches, so the season has 18 games with everyone having played each other home away.

If football can be restarted by the end of February then you can completely the whole season - that's only about six games per month for March, April and May which is easy.

10 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Anyone else feel that the suspension has been introduced as a result of the half-wittery at Celtic and their perfectly-legal jolly to Dubai?

Smacks of  "Something must be done!"

Think it'd have been on the cards anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if the top two leagues stopped as well. New strain has accelerated everything. Celtic going to Dubai against a backdrop of rocketing case numbers was reckless madness, though. 

Some clubs at the top levels in England are pushing for a break as well. My only surprise is that it didn't get binned last week. Allowing physical contact between untested players in an environment where a more contagious strain exists doesn't seem logical. Safety of the players has to come first. Some of these guys will live with vulnerable people. Is it worth the risk? Frustrating as it is, probably not. 

Edited by an86

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

From what I understand this means that the players can't train either for the next 3 weeks. So this could be much longer as players will be needing some time to get up to fitness etc.

Depressing but not unexpected. 

wayne-shaw.jpg.ea6050aba765a907b0571da94de6e53e.jpg

11 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

I'm sure Alloa and Arbroath will be using their 500k Grant from the Scottish Government to pay their part-time players from doing their day jobs to help stop the spread of the virus around the country.

Have you got a source for this frankly ludicrous statement?

I’m sure their primary employers would be delighted to give them weeks of unpaid leave to kick a football about while they invest in employing/training replacements to do their jobs.

SPFL could have sorted this easily. Whenever a team has to miss a game due to the pandemic they forfeit the fixtures they miss and 3 points go to their opponents along with payment of the win bonus by the reckless club. At all levels. And then of course a lower final league position could result in relegation or at least less prize winning cash. That would have focussed attention for club officials. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

SPFL could have sorted this easily. Whenever a team has to miss a game due to the pandemic they forfeit the fixtures they miss and 3 points go to their opponents along with payment of the win bonus by the reckless club. At all levels. And then of course a lower final league position could result in relegation or at least less prize winning cash. That would have focussed attention for club officials. 

That wouldn't solve the problem that sending brickies and plumbers around the country in the middle of a pandemic is a completely ridiculous exercise. Outbreaks within Scottish football have not caused its suspension so you are tilting at windmills.

25 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That’s a ridiculous statement. I certainly know my own club has been pretty meticulous in its COVID protocol but have no control of the players when they are out and about. Just pot luck who catches it. Unless you are testing you have no idea.

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Anyone else feel that the suspension has been introduced as a result of the half-wittery at Celtic and their "perfectly-legal" jolly to Dubai? p***ks.

Smacks of  "Something must be done!"

Nope.

There have been lower league players saying for a while now that they shouldn’t be playing.

Its a hobby for most.

Even if clubs follow all the rules, players will still catch Covid. You could be penalising clubs for something out with their control.