Season a write off?

15 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The longer this goes on the less chance there is of completing even an 18 game season. The SFA should just grow a set of balls and just end it now. 

Any club who just wants to call the end of the season is welcome to put forward a proposal to be voted on to the spfl. 

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Strange that they had the authority to stop it though. 

They have the authority to suspend football from being played, they have no authority to tell individual league bodies how to respond to such a suspension.

On 01/03/2021 at 21:10, parsforlife said:

Any club who just wants to call the end of the season is welcome to put forward a proposal to be voted on to the spfl. 

That is correct.  I think every club basically just wants to be back playing football  . The way things were going it seemed like there was not a chance in hell of starting anytime soon which prompted my opinion..........................yet here we are a few days later on the brink of starting again.  Maybe .  

Guest The Phoenix

It's not correct. There is no 42 Club vote to null and void a league.  It only requires 8 clubs in their respective league to vote that way.  

14 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think every club basically just wants to be back playing football.

Reports in today’s Daily Record that there’s dissension between club chairmen in League Two. (Surprise 🙂). The Elgin chairman is reported as saying that some want to play the full 27 games, even if this means playing three or even four times per week. Others want an 18 game season. Others want to void the season now. There are concerns about the cost of Covid testing, and also the loss of furlough payments.  And concerns about potential chaos given that if eight clubs can’t agree on an alternative presumably all will have to play 27 games. 

There are also suggestions that Highland and Lowland clubs won’t want to play their Scottish Cup games, given that it’s unlikely that their leagues will restart. But presumably that may be easier to deal with as any team refusing to play will just be deemed to have withdrawn. 

Edited by EdinburghBlue
Removed incorrect reference to Lowland League clubs

Reports in today’s Daily Record that there’s dissension between club chairmen in League Two. (Surprise [emoji846]). The Elgin chairman is reported as saying that some want to play the full 27 games, even if this means playing three or even four times per week. Others want an 18 game season. Others want to void the season now. There are concerns about the cost of Covid testing, and also the loss of furlough payments.  And concerns about potential chaos given that if eight clubs can’t agree on an alternative presumably all will have to play 27 games. 

There are also suggestions that Highland and Lowland clubs won’t want to play their Scottish Cup games, given that it’s unlikely that their leagues will restart. But presumably that may be easier to deal with as any team refusing to play will just be deemed to have withdrawn. 
There aren't any Lowland teams left in the cup and, of the Highland teams, I can't imagine Brora would be keen to give up a home game with Hearts, likely on TV with the money that would therefore bring.

2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Elgin have already got friendlies lined up. Apparently ones Forfar. Jim McInally is sceptical as to whether an agreement will be reached among clubs as to how the season will progress according to P&J.

On the one hand we have complaints about too many games, and on the other let’s arrange some friendlies.

2 hours ago, the tin man said:

Cowden seem to be asking why start.only few months from vaccine and crowds

2 hours ago, big al said:

A sensible suggestion.

Is this "3 points off falling out the trapdoor of Scottish football" Cowden? 

Can't for the life of me think why they favour a null and void.

:lol:

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

So hilariously transparent. Sadly they won't be alone.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There won't be a trapdoor given that the HL and LL are not resuming.