Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My subtlety is wasted here. He's a semi-literate buffoon trading on his past glory of being minimally involved in football.

Had the misfortune of being in his company one night (my mate's a colleague of his) Such an incredibly vain guy. Went on and on about what a great player he was back in the day and apparently rated a better prospect than his old team mate Duncan Ferguson. Seemed to forget I'd seen him score only two goals in 26 appearances for Queen's Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Had the misfortune of being in his company one night (my mate's a colleague of his) Such an incredibly vain guy. Went on and on about what a great player he was back in the day and apparently rated a better prospect than his old team mate Duncan Ferguson. Seemed to forget I'd seen him score only two goals in 26 appearances for Queen's Park.

He's definitely one from the Leckie/Jackson mould who has an inflated idea of their place. Fortunately, in a few years I think they'll be a thing of the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With reports of Rangers* players (again) breaking the Covid rules the discussions about promotion to/relegation from the Championship may be moot if the FM does what she should and closes down all football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

With reports of Rangers* players (again) breaking the Covid rules the discussions about promotion to/relegation from the Championship may be moot if the FM does what she should and closes down all football. 

Why should she close football down?  If someone breaks the rules that works in a different non-essential industry do we close them down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Left Back said:

Why should she close football down?  If someone breaks the rules that works in a different non-essential industry do we close them down?

Football appears to be held to different standards than the rest of society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

Football appears to be held to different standards than the rest of society.

Not by the FM according to the news.  No chance of football being shut down any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Essentially, they don't want any old shite promoted on the strength of a Mickey Mouse half season.

(And they don't want any relegation)

Falkirk.....? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Left Back said:

Why should she close football down?  If someone breaks the rules that works in a different non-essential industry do we close them down?

Because football has been repeatedly warned.

Alternatively she could just say that they must work from home.

I’m fed up with my family’s health being put at risk by selfish clowns employed by Rangers*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Because football has been repeatedly warned.

Alternatively she could just say that they must work from home.

I’m fed up with my family’s health being put at risk by selfish clowns employed by Rangers*.

So shutting football down will stop footballers (or any other profession) from breaking the law and potentially causing transmission?

you really haven’t thought this through have you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So shutting football down will stop footballers (or any other profession) from breaking the law and potentially causing transmission?

you really haven’t thought this through have you?

A wee panic going on there ? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

A wee panic going on there ? 😉

Why would that be?  It was reported today that football is far from being shut down.  Even if it was English football would still be available to watch and there’s far more of that on TV than Scottish football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Why would that be?  It was reported today that football is far from being shut down.  Even if it was English football would still be available to watch and there’s far more of that on TV than Scottish football.

Right enough. 

Celtic did their bit to get the lower leagues stopped.    Only right that The rangers follow suit. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So shutting football down will stop footballers (or any other profession) from breaking the law and potentially causing transmission?

you really haven’t thought this through have you?

It's called punishing lawbreakers, particularly serial lawbreakers. But taking your point, maybe the FM should just shut Rangers* down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

It's called punishing lawbreakers, particularly serial lawbreakers. But taking your point, maybe the FM should just shut Rangers* down. 

So punish the law breakers.  If they’re attending parties outside of football (as has been alleged) what on earth has that got to do with football?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So punish the law breakers.  If they’re attending parties outside of football (as has been alleged) what on earth has that got to do with football?

Nicola Sturgeon on 8 January: 

 "The exemptions for professional football, and elite sports people generally, are not just for their benefit - we are trying to give people that bit of entertainment and normality.

"But, if any sport does not stick to the restrictions... then all bets are off."

Part-time football has already been sacrificed for full-time teams.  If they can’t control their employees' behaviour then they should not be allowed to continue to operate when other unnecessary industries and businesses have been shut down  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Nicola Sturgeon on 8 January: 

 "The exemptions for professional football, and elite sports people generally, are not just for their benefit - we are trying to give people that bit of entertainment and normality.

"But, if any sport does not stick to the restrictions... then all bets are off."

Part-time football has already been sacrificed for full-time teams.  If they can’t control their employees' behaviour then they should not be allowed to continue to operate when other unnecessary industries and businesses have been shut down  

 

They have to control their players behaviour when in the football environment by implementing and following the agreed protocols.  Their responsibility ends there and those are the restrictions Sturgeon was talking about.

When not at work these employees should be following the law of the land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that case no exemption for football - should have been fully shut down at Xmas or whenever it happened for lower league teams. Exemption works 2 ways. Allowed to keep going on understanding high standard of compliance was maintained. By your argument lower league players would be free to do what they wanted outside football and would still be playing

Edited by true fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

They have to control their players behaviour when in the football environment by implementing and following the agreed protocols.  Their responsibility ends there and those are the restrictions Sturgeon was talking about.

When not at work these employees should be following the law of the land.

So presumably you disagreed with previous bans handed out for attending parties etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can still remember Gordon Parks greeting in his Record column about "the wee blond guy from Montrose who did a Ronald Koeman"  when Kevin Webster rifled home a last minute 25 yard free kick at the old Firs Park in a 1-1 draw, when Parks was turning out for Shire as the last senior stop during his entirely undistinguished playing career. Such a poor game as I recall, that free kick is the only thing that has kept it in my mind. By then Parks was only playing as it was the last of Shire's £10-a-week seasons IIRC, and their gaffer was fielding a threadbare XI of schoolboys, ex-juniors and has-beens.

Parks is a Champions-League fanny.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...