Season a write off?

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

My gripe is the assumption that for some reason Brechin should have been automatically relegated last season despite them being in a play off position  and the impracticality of play offs being  able to be completed due to the uncertainty at the time . Plus the fact that the whole of Scottish football was shut down then too .     Solely that.     I have no gripe with the process that the LL and HL came about appointing their candidates  ( calling them champions is a bit of a stretch)  for the play offs.  I don't, however,  hide my astonishment at their decision. 

The derogatory comments made by media , pundits and other clubs based on rumour and heresay were uncalled for at the time and still get brought up by ill- informed people as a matter of fact now. 

I will have no problem with a play off  this time round if our club finishes bottom as football has resumed at our level for the purpose of avoiding the nul and void scenario. 

It's not perfect but it resolves a tricky situation. 

There is  a lot of this kind of chat from different people of different teams to and from and obviously media etc...
I don't remember anyone last year saying Brechin should be relegated, i know there was a big kick up when everyone felt the SPFL2 voted to stop promotion relegation to and from the HL and LL.
Me personally, Brechin would never be relegated straight from SPFL2 last season as it was supposed to be a Playoff of which both Highland League champions and Lowland League champion were ready. 

I will say, I remember reading the full story and comments from Brechin chairman and Stenhousemuir chairman and I was not too amused and it certainly reeked of people looking after themselves to shaft Scottish football while in this instance shafting both LL and HL to avoid possible relegation but that was then and this is now. The funny thing is, its the same two teams are officially champions of the HL (Brora) and LL (Kelty), (I personally don't agree with champions after 3 games right enough) but the LL champions I believe are rightfully crowned in the current state.

I wouldn't bother venting my anger and him or her etc... on here, I'd be more concerned about my team avoiding being the Last club which technically, Brechin can still achieve.
But if they do finish dead last this season then they are in the playoffs, simple as that.

As with potential leaked new/gossip, call it what you may of the pyramid being complete for the 21/22 season and plenty of teams in the EOSFL, WOSFL receiving their licensed then I truly think there will be no denying two relegation sports from the SPFL2 coming soon.  If Brechin are that team and loose the playoff, I genuinely think they have no chance of a quick return due to no immediate straight promotion places to the SPFL2. Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire totally understand this but will continue to fight to try and be promoted back to the SPFL2 but know in the current relegation/promotion spot, there's very limited option straight away

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

There is  a lot of this kind of chat from different people of different teams to and from and obviously media etc...
I don't remember anyone last year saying Brechin should be relegated, i know there was a big kick up when everyone felt the SPFL2 voted to stop promotion relegation to and from the HL and LL.
Me personally, Brechin would never be relegated straight from SPFL2 last season as it was supposed to be a Playoff of which both Highland League champions and Lowland League champion were ready. 

I will say, I remember reading the full story and comments from Brechin chairman and Stenhousemuir chairman and I was not too amused and it certainly reeked of people looking after themselves to shaft Scottish football while in this instance shafting both LL and HL to avoid possible relegation but that was then and this is now. The funny thing is, its the same two teams are officially champions of the HL (Brora) and LL (Kelty), (I personally don't agree with champions after 3 games right enough) but the LL champions I believe are rightfully crowned in the current state.

I wouldn't bother venting my anger and him or her etc... on here, I'd be more concerned about my team avoiding being the Last club which technically, Brechin can still achieve.
But if they do finish dead last this season then they are in the playoffs, simple as that.

As with potential leaked new/gossip, call it what you may of the pyramid being complete for the 21/22 season and plenty of teams in the EOSFL, WOSFL receiving their licensed then I truly think there will be no denying two relegation sports from the SPFL2 coming soon.  If Brechin are that team and loose the playoff, I genuinely think they have no chance of a quick return due to no immediate straight promotion places to the SPFL2. Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire totally understand this but will continue to fight to try and be promoted back to the SPFL2 but know in the current relegation/promotion spot, there's very limited option straight away

Tom English and many of the BBC pundits ( some actively involved in a football capacity ) openly said just that on numerous occassions . 

Our chairman put out a statement basically defending the very damaging accusations levelled at both him and the club. Nothing in that statement to suggest trying to shaft anyone within Scottish football.  I think this is something you have invented in your own head. 

On 31/03/2021 at 16:59, theoriginalhedge said:

Tom English and many of the BBC pundits ( some actively involved in a football capacity ) openly said just that on numerous occassions . 

Our chairman put out a statement basically defending the very damaging accusations levelled at both him and the club. Nothing in that statement to suggest trying to shaft anyone within Scottish football.  I think this is something you have invented in your own head. 

Nope sorry, totally disagree, although I'm not going to look for the same information as really I cant be bothered.
If your stating that I am inventing this information well your being a typical blinkered person who do not want to listen to other peoples views, especially to a guy who is being objective.
All my replies to you have been objective and not in any way shape or form negative against Brechin, they all stated the process what it is and what it should be, is bardic detail although I stated about comments from the Brechin and Stenny chairmen, which I stand by, 100%
I don't know haven't heard of any comments from Tom English and other BBC pundits in the past, recent or last year or beyond

Anyways, so what if pundits say this and that, when do we know that pundits are always right or always tell the truth.
The Fact is, Brechin finished dead last, last season and should have learned and as of right now, they haven't, as the season is not finished, they are bottom of the SPFL2, best way to fight back, is fecking win and not finish last. Looking from the outside in, I genuinely expect Brechin to finish last and if they don't end up last then brilliant for them, they turned a small corner.

And when I state shafting Scottish Football, I mean avoiding the relegation due process and I do remember he stated it would be the benefit for all the teams in the Lowland League

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Nope sorry, totally disagree, although I'm not going to look for the same information as really I cant be bothered.
If your stating that I am inventing this information well your being a typical blinkered person who do not want to listen to other peoples views, especially to a guy who is being objective.
All my replies to you have bene objective and not in any way shape or form negative against Brechin, they all stated the process what it is and what it should be, is bardic detail although I stated about comments from the Brechin and Stenny chairmen, which I stand by, 100%
I don't know haven't heard of any comments form Tom English and other BBC pundits in the past, recent or last year or beyond

Anyways, so what if pundits say this and that, when do we know that pundits are always right or always tell the truth.
The Fact is, Brechin finished dead last, last season and should have learned and as of right now, they haven't, as the season is not finished, they are bottom of the SPFL2, best way to fight back, is fecking win and not finish last. Looking from the outside in, I genuinely expect Brechin to finish last and if they don't end up last then brilliant for them, they turned a small corner.

And when I state shafting Scottish Football, I mean avoiding the relegation due process and I do remember he stated it would be the benefit for all the teams in the Lowland League

Your contradictions are quite astounding as are your assumptions of our club and what has gone through and is currently going through. 

Your opinions though, of which you are quite entitled. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Your contradictions are quite astounding as are your assumptions of our club and what has gone through and is currently going through. 

Your opinions though, of which you are quite entitled. 

Haven't got a clue what your talking about contradictions, again your going off on one against someone who doesn't care who the bottom team are or has any agenda against Brechin but your trying to make one out of thin air. The only difference is the way my information has been conveyed by yourself and or maybe others.

Assumptions is that the team finished last in 2019/20 season and this season are currently last in the 2020/21 season
The fact is Brechin finish Last in season 19/20 and currently are last in season 20/21 which suggest the team haven't learned anything from previous year.
Currently they are not at the bottom of the league because some pundit bad mouth Brechin or there's some  conspiracy against them, they are there because that is where they are merited due to their league campaign, no more, no less.
If they get out from being bottom this year then well done, if not then they deserve to be there because they have gained less points than all other league opponents

20.21.PNG

19.20.PNG

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Haven't got a clue what your talking about contradictions, again your going off on one against someone who doesn't care who the bottom team are or has any agenda against Brechin but your trying to make one out of thin air. The only difference is the way my information has been conveyed by yourself and or maybe others.

Assumptions is that the team finished last in 2019/20 season and this season are currently last in the 2020/21 season
The fact is Brechin finish Last in season 19/20 and currently are last in season 20/21 which suggest the team haven't learned anything from previous year.
Currently they are not at the bottom of the league because some pundit bad mouth Brechin or there's some  conspiracy against them, they are there because that is where they are merited due to their league campaign, no more, no less.
If they get out from being bottom this year then well done, if not then they deserve to be there because they have gained less points than all other league opponents

20.21.PNG

19.20.PNG

The reason I have kept this going is to try and highlight that there are two sides to this story which stretches back to when the season was stopped last year. You seem oblivious to the media uproar which transpired in the wake of the stoppage which was much more than just a couple of pundits having an opinion.  I am surprised you seem to remember parts of a general statement by our chairman but nothing about the circumstances which led to that statement.  That is where the contradiction kicks in .

I know you are trying to point out the obvious in terms of league position and I take on board and have stated myself the importance of not finishing bottom this season.  Far from not listening .........we all know the situation. The problem we have is remaining positive with the task getting harder with every galling defeat. 

The assumption you make by your own admission is that the club hasn't learned from its mistakes.  The reality is that the club has taken too long to learn and is only now in the process of  total transition both on and off the park.  New ideas and management strategies have been welcomed off the park while a new on field management team have been appointed along with an influx of new players.  The changes have been massive and although it appears that results are still the same, performances have improved big time.  The signs are there but time is sadly not on our side. 

The information you conveyed therefore might have benefitted from a little extra research  and substance . That way I might have interpreted it a bit differently. 

12 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The reason I have kept this going is to try and highlight that there are two sides to this story which stretches back to when the season was stopped last year. You seem oblivious to the media uproar which transpired in the wake of the stoppage which was much more than just a couple of pundits having an opinion.  I am surprised you seem to remember parts of a general statement by our chairman but nothing about the circumstances which led to that statement.  That is where the contradiction kicks in .

I know you are trying to point out the obvious in terms of league position and I take on board and have stated myself the importance of not finishing bottom this season.  Far from not listening .........we all know the situation. The problem we have is remaining positive with the task getting harder with every galling defeat. 

The assumption you make by your own admission is that the club hasn't learned from its mistakes.  The reality is that the club has taken too long to learn and is only now in the process of  total transition both on and off the park.  New ideas and management strategies have been welcomed off the park while a new on field management team have been appointed along with an influx of new players.  The changes have been massive and although it appears that results are still the same, performances have improved big time.  The signs are there but time is sadly not on our side. 

The information you conveyed therefore might have benefitted from a little extra research  and substance . That way I might have interpreted it a bit differently. 

As I said, I believe your view of me is wrong with your comments.
I gave my views of what I know and what I believe and remember and then stated why, you then stated that I  had 'contradictions are quite astounding as are your assumptions and that I invented things in my head).  That I know for a fact you are 100% wrong of me.  There are many people on here whom you can say that, moi, certainly not as most will confirm   >>>>> waits for the queue of people to say he dreams and makes stuff up 🤣 .

I'm sorry I did not look more into it a year ago but it didn't interest me as much to delve deeper. I distinctly remember the chairman telling the Lowland league that its best for them that there is no promotion to the SPFL2 for a few years of which how come he thinks he knows how and what is best for the Lowland league.

but we will leave it as it is.  I wish Brechin all the best and all the best to the team who finishes bottom of the SPFL2 this season but whoever that team maybe, i do see them losing the Playoff games against either the champions of the Highland league or the Lowland League but hey, as everyone of us know, football is a funny old game

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 31/03/2021 at 16:59, theoriginalhedge said:

On 31/03/2021 at 13:23, theoriginalhedge said:

But that's what everyone wants by all accounts . Brechin to get their "just rewards" for having the audacity of ending up as team 42  ..............after 19 years out of the bottom division. ................Bizarre. 

Nobody in the media have batted an eyelid .  It's obviously all perfectly normal practice in their eyes. 

You’ve missed the point. The media want “Barry Ferguson’s Kelty Hearts” in the league at all costs. 

Tom English, the Piers Morgan of Scottish Sport.

He’s a nobody who loves the sound of his own voice, and has somehow talked his way into a position where the nation has to listen to his supposed expertise on practically every sport he feels like commenting on.

2 hours ago, big al said:

Tom English, the Piers Morgan of Scottish Sport.

He’s a nobody who loves the sound of his own voice, and has somehow talked his way into a position where the nation has to listen to his supposed expertise on practically every sport he feels like commenting on.

The debate with Craig Levein   and Donald Findlay highlighted his limited knowledge of football.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The debate with Craig Levein   and Donald Findlay highlighted his limited knowledge of football.

Like  around 95%  (possibly more)   of football fans outwith the League 2 set up , Tom English and the likes only look at the league tables and the nonsense tweets and facebook posts from old firm sites.  

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

This amused me in today’s Sunday Mail. Was it not the clubs who demanded 22 games when the Board was saying that 18 was enough given how little time was left in the season?

A202DDDF-3C3E-4364-B5BB-F04094B85620.thumb.jpeg.6eec7d1afa3c6cb18e2e640958ea5b25.jpeg

I think Irons is using his own club's misfortune to highlight some of the crazy decisions that have been made throughout this pandemic.   Agree with his point about  the 7.00pm kick off time on Tuesday . That just doesn't make sense at all. 

With all the games coming thick and fast it doesn't give part time teams much , if any , time to train ..................or to fit in all the testing procedures. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

It's precisely *because* the game is behind closed doors that it's having to kick off at 7pm - that means it's being broadcast live, whereas if attendance was allowed then it would presumably not be. I think lower league football would actually be allowed to be shown in normal circumstances, but presumably the SFA have agreed a blanket 7pm time with UEFA for all games so that there are no broadcast blackouts for any competitions.