Season a write off?

12 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

f**k off with that Tom English made up shite

I wasn't saying Brechin would actually be doing this, I was indulging in the weird hypothetical that "Left Back" appears to have fabricated out of thin air about Brechin taking legal action.

6 hours ago, Left Back said:

I'd guessed you were referring to that but it says nothing like what you implied.  the important bit of this rule is in bold which you've conveniently ignored.

I think the bit you highlighted is about meeting stadium criteria, licensing stuff, etc. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I wasn't saying Brechin would actually be doing this, I was indulging in the weird hypothetical that "Left Back" appears to have fabricated out of thin air about Brechin taking legal action.

So lets hear your alternative of what can happen within the current rules if HL don’t have a champion.

I would imagine the playoff “semi final” would be skipped and it would just be Club 42 vs LL champions in the “final”.

How does the LL work? Would they need to vote to curtail the season, and if so how many votes are required? Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

5 minutes ago, city_gord said:

I would imagine the playoff “semi final” would be skipped and it would just be Club 42 vs LL champions in the “final”.

How does the LL work? Would they need to vote to curtail the season, and if so how many votes are required? Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Already been discussed.  No-one has produced anything to cover where this is allowed so would likely be challenged if it was attempted.

There is a clear rule about what would happen if the champions of either league are not participating, and that format would apply. The spirit of the rules would be clear to everyone and I would expect exactly zero challenge to that.

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Already been discussed.  No-one has produced anything to cover where this is allowed so would likely be challenged if it was attempted.

And the other side of that would be that by null and voiding or not declaring a champion before the SPFL Playoff the "HL Champion" fails to meet the membership criteria by default.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There is a clear rule about what would happen if the champions of either league are not participating, and that format would apply. The spirit of the rules would be clear to everyone and I would expect exactly zero challenge to that.

Football clubs are well known for their altruism towards each other right enough.  It’s been fully on show in Scottish football since the end of last season.

If it was Brechin I absolutely agree they would meekly accept it and not try and get out of it any way they could.  The same Brechin that tried to get the rules changed to allow them into the Lowland league in the event of relegation.  No self interest on display there at all.

I’m not singling Brechin out btw.  I have no like or dislike for them.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

And the other side of that would be that by null and voiding or not declaring a champion before the SPFL Playoff the "HL Champion" fails to meet the membership criteria by default.

If it’s null and void there is no champion and that has nothing to do with membership criteria anyway.

On 03/03/2021 at 21:09, Big Dougie said:

It’s not random though is it? Kelty are currently top of the LL, added to the fact they were last years champions who were denied a play off, I would say that makes them far from random.

10 points seperate the top 5 teams in the lowland league, and three of those teams have a game in hand.  There's no chance they are going to agree on voting for a representative the way things stand now.  Last season was a completely different story as the lowland league had played twice as many games and Brora were running away with the league when it was halted.

8 hours ago, Left Back said:

Who gets to amend the rules then to ensure the playoffs go ahead if either HL or LL don't have a champion?  They also have the same wording in their rules.  No person or body has arbitrary authority to make changes.

This should all have been sorted out before the season started as there was always a chance it wouldn't get finished and it's going to lead to the same mess that happened at the end of last season.

The rules only state a champion is provided to the playoff, they don’t detail how that champion has to be decided. The HFL could decide Brora are champions and put them forward and ditto the SLFL for Kelty.

38 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

The rules only state a champion is provided to the playoff, they don’t detail how that champion has to be decided. The HFL could decide Brora are champions and put them forward and ditto the SLFL for Kelty.

Yes, by calling the leagues, which would require a vote, same as it did last season.  Good luck getting those votes through if no more games are played, especially in the HL.

If either/or are null and voided there is no champion.  Show me anywhere it states one can be elected (as seems to be another of the big misconceptions being bandied about here).

ETA rule 50 from the Highland League.  Anyone that thinks a champion can be arrived at in any other way is at it.

“At the end of each competition the Club scoring the highest number of points will be declared the Champion Club”

Goal difference is also covered under the same rule before people start firing in with that

Edited by Left Back

13 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Yes, by calling the leagues, which would require a vote, same as it did last season.  Good luck getting those votes through if no more games are played, especially in the HL.

If either/or are null and voided there is no champion.  Show me anywhere it states one can be elected (as seems to be another of the big misconceptions being bandied about here).

The LL called the league without a vote last season, making Kelty champs.. it’s possible they could do the same this season and declare Kelty the champion club?

9 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

The LL called the league without a vote last season, making Kelty champs.. it’s possible they could do the same this season and declare Kelty the champion club?

My understanding is they met and all agreed to end the season last season.  It won’t have been arbitrarily handed down by the league body.  They also agreed on no relegation which would have helped get the agreement.

34 minutes ago, Left Back said:

ETA rule 50 from the Highland League.  Anyone that thinks a champion can be arrived at in any other way is at it.

“At the end of each competition the Club scoring the highest number of points will be declared the Champion Club”

Goal difference is also covered under the same rule before people start firing in with that

If there is no time to play out the campaign then the leagues decide how to finish, that will include how to decide a champion club. 

Much like the SPFL deciding amongst themselves last season to cancel a playoff that they were only 50% decision on.

There is nothing in the spfl or sfa playoff rules that states how a champion has to be decided to play in the pyramid playoff.

Those same rules also state that the playoff can be modified by the spfl but can’t be cancelled unilaterally by one party of the agreement. The only reason the spfl got away with that shenanigan last season is the Scottish gov suspended all football indefinitely. Right now the games can take place with teams testing as per sfa/spfl rules.

7 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

If there is no time to play out the campaign then the leagues decide how to finish, that will include how to decide a champion club. 

Much like the SPFL deciding amongst themselves last season to cancel a playoff that they were only 50% decision on.

There is nothing in the spfl or sfa playoff rules that states how a champion has to be decided to play in the pyramid playoff.

Those same rules also state that the playoff can be modified by the spfl but can’t be cancelled unilaterally by one party of the agreement. The only reason the spfl got away with that shenanigan last season is the Scottish gov suspended all football indefinitely. Right now the games can take place with teams testing as per sfa/spfl rules.

As I said, completely at it.  In the post you quoted it stated how the champion was to be arrived at.  If I bothered to check the LL rules I guarantee it will state similar.

as for the rest of your nonsense go and dry your eyes and grow up.