Season a write off?

It doesn’t look like there will be any relegation out of the league. I am in the “void the season” camp. The whole season has been a waste of time. Start again when fans are allowed back in.

Only issue I see with this is that the likes of Falkirk and Partick will be hell bent on finishing the season, but hey ho.

Come back in August and let’s have a proper season.

25 minutes ago, big al said:

Seems they are in the majority 🤣

Hmm, the boy from Stirling seems to think the opposite. In any case, it was reported that all clubs had put forward a proposal to test 2 months ago, now your chairman is saying "ach, lets just call it a day eh". We'll see.

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

There won't be a trapdoor 

The real shame of this sorry affair. 

3 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

It doesn’t look like there will be any relegation out of the league. I am in the “void the season” camp. The whole season has been a waste of time. Start again when fans are allowed back in.

Only issue I see with this is that the likes of Falkirk and Partick will be hell bent on finishing the season, but hey ho.

Come back in August and let’s have a proper season.

Why would not even in the playoff spots Partick be so desperate to finish the season?

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Is there anything stopping them putting forward a candidate even if the season does not restart?

There is nothing to stop them as far as I am aware.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Hmm, the boy from Stirling seems to think the opposite. In any case, it was reported that all clubs had put forward a proposal to test 2 months ago, now your chairman is saying "ach, lets just call it a day eh". We'll see.

The real shame of this sorry affair. 

What are Cowden gaining  by wanting the season wiped out?

The non leagues aren’t being allowed to re start and it’s already March so nobody can come up anyway.

How teams felt about the pandemic in January and how they feel now in March are completely unrelated. A lot happens in a short time with this pandemic and situations change regularly throughout the last year.

I couldn’t give a crap where any team finishes in any league this season. No fans and not getting to games makes it all totally pointless to me. I have a season book at Central Park and I couldn’t even tell you half the players names.

On a personal note,, why am I sitting in the house unable to work due to restrictions, while half of these ‘professionals’ are going to 2 separate employments? 

2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Why no trapdoor? The HL and LL could put forward a candidate?

What candidate are the HL going to put up, based on three games played for some teams and literally zero for others?

4 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I would be pretty confident that they would  put Brora forward backed by their member clubs. They unanimously voted for Brora to be declared champions last year despite the season not being completed. 

Fraserburgh might not be too happy with that along with the other 3 teams that have a 100% record.  It does sound like the very definition of sporting integrity right enough.

14 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I would be pretty confident that they would  put Brora forward backed by their member clubs. They unanimously voted for Brora to be declared champions last year despite the season not being completed. 

We're not holding play-offs based on last season's results though. 

If we're resorting to picking teams at random to compete in the play-offs then we'd be as well no bothering to play any games next season either.

Alternatively, let's just vote the Old Firm as our representatives for the play-offs and get rid of one of them.