Season a write off?

36 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

“It estimated that between 17 July and 30 August, there were 46 "import events" into Scotland - 28 from England, 13 from mainland Europe and four from Asia.”

And from the FT:

FCDCB39F-F010-4462-A8CE-BB34DEE31561.jpeg

So are you having a go at the SG? Covid was everywhere and still is https://www.worldometers.info/

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

“It estimated that between 17 July and 30 August, there were 46 "import events" into Scotland - 28 from England, 13 from mainland Europe and four from Asia.”

And from the FT:

FCDCB39F-F010-4462-A8CE-BB34DEE31561.jpeg

Any word on number of cases exported to the rest of UK and elsewhere between these dates?

Edited by AlbionMan

2 hours ago, Elric said:

No - I'm stating how ridiculous is it to send our referees to Greece at this time.  Of course we need referees and if they are considered elite then it is to Scotland. Three now isolating because of a derby in Greece. It would have been bad enough if it had been an international and one of them had returned home with a positive test. They then follow this up by allowing someone who has tested positive to officiate at a game a few days later.

If refs are considered elite then it's no different for them travelling overseas to do their job than Celtic or Rangers flying to play in Europe. They messed up on the isolations no doubt but I don't see a huge problem with refs doing their job.

Are tiers 1 to 5 in England not full time? And 6 downwards mainly part time?

Pretty much so.
This announcement down South yesterday I don’t think will make much difference to most of the league’s below the National League.
The North and South league have gone null and void again so no one goes up or down from there so expect the rest to follow suit very soon.
They haven’t played since early November so there is little chance of finishing domestic league season and it’s a pointless exercise anyway with no promotion or relegation further up the pyramid.
I’m told my local league the Northern League were hoping to play their two cup competitions but some clubs I believe have said it’s not worth playing unless spectators are allowed and I don’t see that happening anytime soon.
I’d imagine they might try and get last season’s FA Vase Final played and maybe complete this season’s competition.

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If refs are considered elite then it's no different for them travelling overseas to do their job than Celtic or Rangers flying to play in Europe. They messed up on the isolations no doubt but I don't see a huge problem with refs doing their job.

There is an exemption for elite sport in the quarantine regulations, but only for specified events and competitions. That list does not include the Greek domestic league.

4 hours ago, NE63 exile said:

Pretty much so.
This announcement down South yesterday I don’t think will make much difference to most of the league’s below the National League.
The North and South league have gone null and void again so no one goes up or down from there so expect the rest to follow suit very soon.
They haven’t played since early November so there is little chance of finishing domestic league season and it’s a pointless exercise anyway with no promotion or relegation further up the pyramid.
I’m told my local league the Northern League were hoping to play their two cup competitions but some clubs I believe have said it’s not worth playing unless spectators are allowed and I don’t see that happening anytime soon.
I’d imagine they might try and get last season’s FA Vase Final played and maybe complete this season’s competition.

Pish, you were my last hope!

Pish, you were my last hope!

Northern Alliance League which feeds into the Northern League might get going though. Most of these clubs don’t pay their players and don’t have the financial overheads the Northern League have. It wouldn’t surprise me if they squeezed a cup competition or two in just to keep the clubs ticking over till next season/

7 minutes ago, NE63 exile said:

Northern Alliance League which feeds into the Northern League might get going though. Most of these clubs don’t pay their players and don’t have the financial overheads the Northern League have. It wouldn’t surprise me if they squeezed a cup competition or two in just to keep the clubs ticking over till next season/

I won't be travelling for work any time soon, so I'll have to pay. I've  been to Richmond in the Wearside League.

I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

I won't be travelling for work any time soon, so I'll have to pay. I've  been to Richmond in the Wearside League.
I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

Richmond was the one that escaped me. The Wearside League may restart too but I’m pretty sure they were not keen to play BCD

3 hours ago, NE63 exile said:

Some clubs in the Conference North and South were saying they would have to play only amateurs and loanees if forced to continue playing as they had already released their players.  Dover haven’t played for a few weeks and are refusing to borrow government cash to continue playing.  May end up either being expelled or having all their results for this season expunged.

They then follow this up by allowing someone who has tested positive to officiate at a game a few days later.

This categorically did not happen. The assistant who took charge of the Hibs v Hamilton game did not test positive at any point, and in fact returned two negative tests. He should have been self-isolating due to his colleague testing positive, but he himself did not.

There is an exemption for elite sport in the quarantine regulations, but only for specified events and competitions. That list does not include the Greek domestic league.

I refuse to believe that the elite sport exemption, designed for athletes across dozens of different sports at all sorts of professional levels, explicitly specifies the exact competitions in which those athletes are allowed to compete without quarantining.

This trip by those referees would definitely have been approved by the Scottish government ahead of them travelling too.