Season a write off?

29 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do you always change the subject when you realise you've made a c**t of it?

I know they rejected our proposal for testing, which confirms that testing wasn't the reason for shutting us down in the first place, which is what you said. 

Still not calmed down then.

You ranting doesn't change the facts.  With levels of paranoia like you have thinking everyone's against you for no good reason you I'm surprised you aren't an old firm fan.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Still not calmed down then.

You ranting doesn't change the facts.  With levels of paranoia like you have thinking everyone's against you for no good reason you I'm surprised you aren't an old firm fan.

Just because folk disagree with you or think you're talking pish doesn't mean they are angry or ranting.

Where am I displaying paranoia? I am pointing out that we weren't shut down due to testing, we were shut down for a number of different reasons and not once have I said everyone is out to get us. I haven't even said that any one single person/authority was out to get us. I understand the reasons we were shut down, you evidently don't but seem to want to lecture others on "facts".  Sit down with that Old firm pish. 

Is it likely that league 1 and 2 clubs will be asked to vote to scrub the season if there is no resolution soon?

will they have to vote to release shares of prize money or because of other financial incentives?

Otherwise it would stick in the throat to have others turn round and say “well, you did vote to end the season”.

Without good reasons should the position not be - we want to finish the season, we didn’t shut the league down, it’s up to you (SPFL, with or without government input) to sort it out? That way our leagues may be scrubbed but nobody could say we were keen to scrub them

Edited by true fan

15 minutes ago, true fan said:

Is it likely that league 1 and 2 clubs will be asked to vote to scrub the season if there is no resolution soon?

will they have to vote to release shares of prize money or because of other financial incentives?

Otherwise it would stick in the throat to have others turn round and say “well, you did vote to end the season”.

Without good reasons should the position not be - we want to finish the season, we didn’t shut the league down, it’s up to you (SPFL, with or without government input) to sort it out? That way our leagues may be scrubbed but nobody could say we were keen to scrub them

It's no good saying " it’s up to you SPFL ...". The clubs ARE the SPFL: it's not some disembodied entity.

BTW the SPFL board wanted the power to make these sort of decisions, but the clubs wouldn't let them.

10 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

It's no good saying " it’s up to you SPFL ...". The clubs ARE the SPFL: it's not some disembodied entity.

BTW the SPFL board wanted the power to make these sort of decisions, but the clubs wouldn't let them.

Is this the same SPFL that shut League 1 and 2 down with zero consultation?

4 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

The SPFL board did indeed ask for power to make such decisions. Power would have been more likely to be granted if the board had issued a series of proposals determining actions to be taken under different foreseeable scenarios rather than ask for a blank cheque to make decisions.

With 10 weeks of the season left IF we are able to resume at the beginning of March and clubs having between 17 and 19 games left (excluding Scottish Cup ties) it’s obvious that we’re not going to have a 27 game season. Even 18 is looking challenging. Looks as if it’s now just a matter of time before the season is voided. 

11 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

The SPFL board did indeed ask for power to make such decisions. Power would have been more likely to be granted if the board had issued a series of proposals determining actions to be taken under different foreseeable scenarios rather than ask for a blank cheque to make decisions.

Those scenarios were the same as would have been voted on at the end of last season and we all know what happened then. At the moment QP will vote for the season continuing or finishing it with positions standing, as long as that means promotion,  Brechin and Albion will vote with whatever scenario keeps them in the League, whether that’s ending it, continuing or reconstruction The others with whatever scenario benefits them best. A consensus within the current voting system is highly unlikely to be reached.

4 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Those scenarios were the same as would have been voted on at the end of last season and we all know what happened then. At the moment QP will vote for the season continuing or finishing it with positions standing, as long as that means promotion,  Brechin and Albion will vote with whatever scenario keeps them in the League, whether that’s ending it, continuing or reconstruction The others with whatever scenario benefits them best. A consensus within the current voting system is highly unlikely to be reached.

You may have misread me, I didn't suggest that this would take place after the event, rather that predetermined responses would be in place for the league to implement if an eventuality took place. Current League position and potential gain or loss to individual clubs would not have been a factor. It would not have been limited to L2 but be in place for the whole SPFL Structure. SPFL council asked for a blank canvas on which to impose their ideas after the event had taken place.

Guest The Phoenix
2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

The clubs had the opportunity before the season started. It was staring them in the face that there was no guarantee that the season was going to finish. My own club didn’t even want to start! The whole lot just buried their head in the sand and are about to reap what they sowed.

Evidence or just a wild statement? 

Guest The Phoenix
1 minute ago, David W said:

I'd say the failure to notice and plan for the second wave that everyone else saw coming could be explained by having heads immersed in sand.

Agreed but I’m questioning the inference that no clubs voted to give the SPFL the power to decide what course of action to take. 

3 hours ago, David W said:

I'd say the failure to notice and plan for the second wave that everyone else saw coming could be explained by having heads immersed in sand.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Is there a third wave coming?

If so, how should we plan for it?

Edited by Hampden Diehard

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Would argue that it's not really hindsight if there were consistent warnings that this thing was going to get worse in winter. 

Should there be contingency planning for a third wave or further disruption? Absolutely. It would be deeply irresponsible not to do that against the backdrop of a global pandemic and mutating virus. 

The clubs have to take some responsibility here. Everyone knew the risks and went into the season on the basis of nothing other than crossing their fingers and hoping the worst didn't happen. It has happened and now we're heading for a similar shambles to last summer. That didn't have to happen. Every competent organisation has disaster management plans. 

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

What has hindsight got to do with it? The lower league season (to be precise, the League Cup, not even the league) kicked off the day AFTER the central belt went into the so called "circuit breaker". Normal people weren't allowed to play a game of football. The clubs not having some sort of contingency plan for the season not finishing, when the effects of self interest were minimised, was either completely negligent, or the definition of having their head in the sand. 

12 hours ago, David W said:

There should have been no second wave. Governments across Europe ignored scientific advice and relaxed restrictions - particularly on travel - too quickly. (Research shows that we had effectively eradicated Covid-19 in Scotland, but then reimported it from England and Spain.)  But there were still opportunities later with circuit breakers, which should have been used more widely. Perhaps the problem was that clubs and governing bodies put too much faith in governments.