Season a write off?

50 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Played the gemme, goat connections, talks sense!

Doesn't make him a good journalist though. The article didn't balance the pros and cons of continuing the season or not. He seemed to make a decision then outline all the reasons why he thinks he's right.

Tend to agree with him mind you😀 

Guest The Phoenix
51 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

He’s right about the 18 game season, the championship have said they won’t accept it, which makes playing out the season pretty pointless.

Incorrect. They’ve been reported as saying it. 

1 minute ago, gmca said:

Doesn't make him a good journalist though. The article didn't balance the pros and cons of continuing the season or not. He seemed to make a decision then outline all the reasons why he thinks he's right.

Tend to agree with him mind you😀 

My subtlety is wasted here. He's a semi-literate buffoon trading on his past glory of being minimally involved in football.

8 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

Incorrect. They’ve been reported as saying it. 

I think judging by the amount of phone calls Mike Mulraney reportedly made on Friday to various chairmen and journalists, then I think I would say he is correct.

34 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My subtlety is wasted here. He's a semi-literate buffoon trading on his past glory of being minimally involved in football.

Your subtlety was wasted - my apologies. Think I've got the message now! 

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I must be missing something here.  If L1/2 play out an 18 game season what has that got to do with the Championship?

Essentially, they don't want any old shite promoted on the strength of a Mickey Mouse half season.

(And they don't want any relegation)

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Essentially, they don't want any old shite promoted on the strength of a Mickey Mouse half season.

(And they don't want any relegation)

No promotion from Championship to Prem then surely?   Can’t have it both ways.  I’ve come round to this idea.  The collective heads gone in Gorgie and Grangemouth would be spectacular.

On a more serious note if L1/2 agree with the SPFL to play an 18 game season how could the Championship block promotion?  It’s not like they have a vote on it at the end of the season.  If the SPFL block the lower leagues from restarting (assuming it’s safe) I can imagine all kinds of court cases.  Queens Park are loaded these days aren’t they?  They’ll lead the charge with Falkirk throwing out statements everywhere to support them.