Season a write off?

Would be the last opportunity to complete this season, playing each other home and away, which may be possible in the time limits, restarting in March. Clubs willing to pay for testing -thats good. BCD means no hangers on, non essential folk (directors  etc).Many think they're above the rules/laws. The hypocrisy remains,we can, you can't, winds people up. 

As someone who volunteers in my clubs media team, I've yet to see many hangers on at the games I've been at. (There was 1 Betfred cup tie I would say there were a few extras there and comment was made on the match thread from those watching online.

On all away games that I have been lucky enough to get to its just been some of our directors and the local press with some of our media team, we operate on a rota for away games so that we are not taking the system for a ride, cutting right back to the bare minimum and doing as much from our own homes as we can (Great when you are tweeting a game from Livingston and there is no stream for the last 2 minutes but thankfully nothing happened). I know at one away game only 1 director traveled and the media team was cut to the bones. Even for travel we stick to the 1 person per car so for Dingwall on 2nd January 5 cars drove up the A9 when we would normally have all met and gone together 

Even for last week at Hampden people did miss out. Its in the interest of everyone to get this under control but I'm certainly not seeing masses of extra people in the Premiership.

15 hours ago, realmadrid said:

As someone who volunteers in my clubs media team, I've yet to see many hangers on at the games I've been at. (There was 1 Betfred cup tie I would say there were a few extras there and comment was made on the match thread from those watching online.

On all away games that I have been lucky enough to get to its just been some of our directors and the local press with some of our media team, we operate on a rota for away games so that we are not taking the system for a ride, cutting right back to the bare minimum and doing as much from our own homes as we can (Great when you are tweeting a game from Livingston and there is no stream for the last 2 minutes but thankfully nothing happened). I know at one away game only 1 director traveled and the media team was cut to the bones. Even for travel we stick to the 1 person per car so for Dingwall on 2nd January 5 cars drove up the A9 when we would normally have all met and gone together 

Even for last week at Hampden people did miss out. Its in the interest of everyone to get this under control but I'm certainly not seeing masses of extra people in the Premiership.

Exactly this.  Especially at the smaller clubs . I know the people at our club who all have a specific task to do . The volunteers  involved in pre match and post match policing from the changing areas to car park are utilised through the game as ball boys/girls  who clean the balls when they are out of play.  The committee members all have their specific tasks to make sure everything runs as smoothly and safely as possible .......all organised by the covid officer.

It's not a case of the club secretary just opening the doors to let everyone in as was suggested earlier. 

Our club have decided that voice coaches, hair and make up will not travel with the media team on match days. I think

its pretty brave and selfless of these guys to go on air without properly buffed nails. It shows that we haven’t lost the blitz

spirit

While games were on and being streamed, I watched all our home matches but couldn't get excited by watching them on TV. Now there is no football I don't miss watching the Binos through streaming although I still miss going to matches home and away.

For me, I'd as soon have the season ended and have next season start on time with crowds back, but even that I fear us wishful thinking. The discussion about coming back this season is interesting but there are too many hoops to jump through; SFA and SPFL will blow whichever way government leans on them and government will use its fear of another mutation rearing its head to justify maintaining restrictions.

30 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

While games were on and being streamed, I watched all our home matches but couldn't get excited by watching them on TV. Now there is no football I don't miss watching the Binos through streaming although I still miss going to matches home and away.

For me, I'd as soon have the season ended and have next season start on time with crowds back, but even that I fear us wishful thinking. The discussion about coming back this season is interesting but there are too many hoops to jump through; SFA and SPFL will blow whichever way government leans on them and government will use its fear of another mutation rearing its head to justify maintaining restrictions.

Pretty much my feelings as well. The whole point of following a lower league team is to go to the games and when that is removed watching a stream to me is just empty and pointless. I feel neither up nor down if we win, lose or draw on a stream as I feel no affiliation to it.

We could be romping the league like QP and would all feel a bit meh.

With the First Minister announcing today that gradual easing of restrictions MAY start at the beginning of March it doesn’t look as if we'll see any football this month. That would mean seven match days lost. With time for a short "pre-season" needed, maybe nine, so a complete cycle likely lost. So are we looking at best at an 18 game league, with matches once home and away?

20 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Getting ridiculous now.

Michael Grant suggesting in the Times that the way to complete the Scottish Cup this season is to force the smaller teams to withdraw.  Maybe even better would be to proceed straight to a Celtic v Rangers* final. 🙁

32 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Michael Grant suggesting in the Times that the way to complete the Scottish Cup this season is to force the smaller teams to withdraw.  Maybe even better would be to proceed straight to a Celtic v Rangers* final. 🙁

The way the weather has been this year, we wouldn’t have played many more games if our football had been allowed.

Interesting development in England's National League. Clubs being asked whether they want to continue all three leagues or call separately by league.  (From the Non League Paper.)  Can see similar vote being necessary soon here.  Unsurprisingly, the paper is reporting split views, with some very keen to continue, but others saying that the leagues must be called null and void for financial reasons.

FAC767F9-D277-4347-ADAB-980AEE322136.thumb.jpeg.eff7f11d937d2ce37ef84c79bc422d29.jpeg

9 minutes ago, gmca said:

Suspension continues because prevalence of virus still too high. To be reassessed on 1st March.

When in doubt defer a decision and promise something for tomorrow, on which date there will be a further deferral and a revised benchmark.

1 hour ago, gmca said:

Suspension continues because prevalence of virus still too high. To be reassessed on 1st March.

SFA now passing the buck to the Scottish Government, going by their statement.

Whole thing is a fuckin shambles 

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

SFA now passing the buck to the Scottish Government, going by their statement.

Whole thing is a fuckin shambles 

Thought we were told before that it was the SFA's decision to suspend the semi-professional  leagues?

Increasingly looking that the very best we’ll get is once home and away.