Season a write off?

A sad reflection on Doncaster and Maxwell that the Clubs have had to get together to come up with a plan  to resume, isn’t that their job and why they are paid vast sums of money. If the Premier League was shut down, would they be sitting on their hands ?

We will soon find out how much they support the lower leagues with their response to this, if it’s No then the 20 Clubs should propose a vote of no confidence in both.

Well done to the 20 Clubs for getting together and hopefully a sign to come, keep it together and come up with a reconstruction plan that makes sense instead of continually having one imposed by the vested interests in the Premier League.

Agree about Doncaster and maxwell ‘s lack of effort. Even before their response, and irrespective of it, I hope the way the shutdown happened means that a vote of no confidence is coming. Scottish football is becoming more and more tinpot

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:
21 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:
Won’t matter 
Killjoys Nippy and Jason Leitch will put the skids on it

Actually they already have an exemption to play and wouldn't need any Scottish government permission to restart.

Then why did the SFA meet with the Sports Minister 1 hour before they announced the shutdown.?

Don’t think SFA President Mike Mulraney will be voting for a restart !

On 22/01/2021 at 21:45, EdinburghBlue said:

Journalist Ewan Murray claiming on Twitter that League 1 & 2 clubs have submitted a plan for using PCR testing (expensive!) as a way to restart playing.

Reports today suggest playing twice a week, testing, no goal celebrations (that’s working well elsewhere!) and players travelling individually to games. Players' Union querying how this will work for players who don’t drive. Annan chairman on how long journeys for midweek games will fit with players' jobs. 

Elsewhere calls starting to can the Scottish Cup. 

Reports today suggest playing twice a week, testing, no goal celebrations (that’s working well elsewhere!) and players travelling individually to games. Players' Union querying how this will work for players who don’t drive. Annan chairman on how long journeys for midweek games will fit with players' jobs. 

Elsewhere calls starting to can the Scottish Cup. 

Are Premiership players all travelling individually by car?

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

About a dozen Elgin players travelling down the A9 midweek in the depths of winter individually or players going the other way, how is that going to work from a Health and Safety Point of view. Not a chance. 

Queen's have to go to Elgin on a Tuesday night in April. 20 players and 5 coaching and medical staff going individually by car. Apart from the health and safety issues of tired or injured players driving back, the cost at say 45p a mile would extortionate! Cheaper and safer taking 2 buses!

About a dozen Elgin players travelling down the A9 midweek in the depths of winter individually or players going the other way, how is that going to work from a Health and Safety Point of view. Not a chance. 

Seems to work for ICT and Ross County  so no issues there. 

They are not travelling individually.  
They are not up at 6am  to go to work,  getting home in some cases 3am weather permitting.

How many are up at 6am ? That is a generalisation.  How do  they manage in normal times ?  

There are buses  for the odd midweek game you are suggesting  (the majority would be on a Saturday) and also alternative routes to Elgin.  Just a suggestion from me.  

Also I was under the impression that all 20 clubs were in agreement with starting up under the new arrangements .  

35 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

How many are up at 6am ? That is a generalisation.  How do  they manage in normal times ?  

There are buses  for the odd midweek game you are suggesting  (the majority would be on a Saturday) and also alternative routes to Elgin.  Just a suggestion from me.  

Also I was under the impression that all 20 clubs were in agreement with starting up under the new arrangements .  

As long as clubs test weekly as mooted then , it is only fair that the privileges given to the Top league like the use of changing rooms and showers, travelling by coach etc are now going  to be introduced at lower levels otherwise it will reek of double standards......  Getting players to travel alone long distances is ridiculous and I doubt if the pfa will allow it...I

The lower league clubs need to stand up as one and if need be get a good lawyer....

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

As long as clubs test weekly as mooted then , it is only fair that the privileges given to the Top league like the use of changing rooms and showers, travelling by coach etc are now going  to be introduced at lower levels otherwise it will reek of double standards......  Getting players to travel alone long distances is ridiculous and I doubt if the pfa will allow it...I

The lower league clubs need to stand up as one and if need be get a good lawyer....

Like a certain QC for example ?