Season a write off?

20 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I am no conspiracy theorist but I am beginning to take more notice of the "worldwide reset " idea floating about in some quarters and wonder how many social liberties and overall freedom we will have once ( or if ) this virus is ever brought under control. 

The "wordlwide reset" conspiracy theory is far-right drivel, putting two and two together and making 477.

With all the actual real news hitting us day after day I am amazed that those with a sinister agenda can attract cretinous simpletons to their conspiracy nonsense. It doesn't stand up to 30 seconds scrutiny.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

There's a reasonable argument for a January pause. A lot of games will be off anyway. With a month of lockdown under our belt and vaccinations rolling onwards, it could be the case that once we're through January, if we've got transmission down significantly, we can get through the rest of the season without too much bother. Games cancelled can be caught up on in midweeks in the spring.

It would be a total nonsense to cancel the season at this point.

10 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

The "wordlwide reset" conspiracy theory is far-right drivel, putting two and two together and making 477.

With all the actual real news hitting us day after day I am amazed that those with a sinister agenda can attract cretinous simpletons to their conspiracy nonsense. It doesn't stand up to 30 seconds scrutiny.

I am not saying any of your statements  or mine are right or wrong , but with so many untold facts and unreliable figures  , I have tried to keep an open mind. 

I try to trust what is being fed to us but the inconsistency of just about every control measure makes me wonder. 

I do sometimes wonder who the cretinous simpletons are at times though. 

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

There's a reasonable argument for a January pause. A lot of games will be off anyway. With a month of lockdown under our belt and vaccinations rolling onwards, it could be the case that once we're through January, if we've got transmission down significantly, we can get through the rest of the season without too much bother. Games cancelled can be caught up on in midweeks in the spring.

It would be a total nonsense to cancel the season at this point.

Yes this might be the way forward.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I am not saying any of your statements  or mine are right or wrong , but with so many untold facts and unreliable figures  , I have tried to keep an open mind. 

I try to trust what is being fed to us but the inconsistency of just about every control measure makes me wonder. 

Unfortunately I think it's you.

There is a lot of confusing information, but there's enough reliable information available to allow you to draw conclusions. If you can't sort out the obvious conspiracies from the facts then I don't think anyone on here is able to help you further.

35 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Three week suspension confirmed.

Makes perfect sense. I'm amazed it has taken this long.

There's absolutely no way that this lockdown will be limited to January.  You just need to see todays comments from the English CMO to see what's in the pipeline.

Unless we have something whereby midweek football is the norm, the rest of the season is going to be a logistical nightmare.

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

bUt wHo R thE rEaL FaCiStS

Unavoidable

the premier league and championship being treated differently presumably because they are full time, players not mixing with people in other jobs and maybe they have resources for regular testing (is that happening - anybody...?)

even so the way it is being done doesn’t feel right. Celtic haven’t done football’s reputation any good (I suppose their defenders at least have been social distancing during games) and footballers being what they are I’m sure we will be reading about raith rovers and hearts players breaking social distancing rules in really stupid ways. Should have been all pausing not just lower divisions

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Unfortunately I think it's you.

There is a lot of confusing information, but there's enough reliable information available to allow you to draw conclusions. If you can't sort out the obvious conspiracies from the facts then I don't think anyone on here is able to help you further.

Which is what I try to do.

Because someone has a different opinion does not make them a cretinous simpleton no matter how ridiculous it may seem to you.  

21 minutes ago, true fan said:

Unavoidable

the premier league and championship being treated differently presumably because they are full time, players not mixing with people in other jobs and maybe they have resources for regular testing (is that happening - anybody...?)

even so the way it is being done doesn’t feel right. Celtic haven’t done football’s reputation any good (I suppose their defenders at least have been social distancing during games) and footballers being what they are I’m sure we will be reading about raith rovers and hearts players breaking social distancing rules in really stupid ways. Should have been all pausing not just lower divisions

What's the story with Alloa and Arbroath ?  Are their players being kept in a bubble too ? 

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Because someone has a different opinion does not make them a cretinous simpleton no matter how ridiculous it may seem to you.  

Not really what you said earlier.

16 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Depends how you interpret it . If you are purely trying to catch me out then you can put whatever spin you like on it. 

I don't think you're cretinous actually, but I do think you could take a bit more responsibility for informing yourself and making judgements.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Worldwide reset eh? 

Meadowbank Thistle and Clydebank to come back into the Scottish League along with Leith Athletic, St Bernard's and Third Lanark. 

That sounds OK to me. 

1 hour ago, true fan said:

Unavoidable

The whole of Aberdeen was shut down because of the misbehaviour of a handful of players. Celtic (the SNP’s team) get away with murder. The amount of people involved in senior games are significantly more than any lower league games.

If it’s about testing and the lower league teams can’t afford frequent testing why does it have to cost so much and why can’t the SG use some of the money the’ve got stashed away. 

What's the story with Alloa and Arbroath ?  Are their players being kept in a bubble too ? 
Can't see how that is feasible but they will have to test the players now.

I don't think we will be back playing in 3 weeks and there is little chance of finishing the season unless it is extended beyond April.

2 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The whole of Aberdeen was shut down because of the misbehaviour of a handful of players. Celtic (the SNP’s team) get away with murder. The amount of people involved in senior games are significantly more than any lower league games.

If it’s about testing and the lower league teams can’t afford frequent testing why does it have to cost so much and why can’t the SG use some of the money the’ve got stashed away. 

It's genuinely impressive that you've managed to cram so much batshit mental nonsense into such a small post.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Three week suspension confirmed.

Makes perfect sense. I'm amazed it has taken this long.

I fear it will last a lot longer than that, suspension of the season has been coming for some weeks now and is likely to end with abandonment of the remaining fixture list.