Season a write off?

With the huge growth in Covid-19 prevalence we’re currently seeing and the new lockdown I wonder how long it will be before football is either suspended by the Scottish Government or the season just collapses because of multiple postponements?  If so, null and void, tables as they stand, or points per game?  And would it be acceptable to cancel the relegation playoffs for a second successive year?

Can't see us finishing in the top 4 or 10th so I'd be happy for a null and void and just divide up any monies equally between the clubs. Not keen on current placing if teams have games in hand, ppg if there needs to be some sort of conclusion but null and void would be my preference.

Did the league produce any sort of document detailing the plan for this happening again?

4 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Did the league produce any sort of document detailing the plan for this happening again?

Did the Board not try to persuade the clubs that they should be allowed to take any decisions but lost the informal vote?

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

And would it be acceptable to cancel the relegation playoffs for a second successive year?

Kelty should get promoted. Cowdenbeath should do the decent thing and volunteer for relegation. Seems logical. Queen’s Park to get promoted straight to Championship. Season tickets at the Camp Bru increase by 70%.

Think I suggested this last time, but get the managers to play out the remaining games on SWOS.

Or tiddlywinks, fucking anything but abandoning the season, or trying to create a final league table out of what's been completed to date. Tossing coins over the remaining matches would be better.

The lockdown is only for a month. In 2010 Edinburgh City didn't play a game until mid February due to the cold winter. I dare say there's been other seasons like that 

If we're still shitting the bed Covid wise at the end of January* then by all means revisit the season but it seems premature

*And questions will have to be asked if we are

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Kelty should get promoted. Cowdenbeath should do the decent thing and volunteer for relegation. Seems logical. Queen’s Park to get promoted straight to Championship. Season tickets at the Camp Bru increase by 70%.

Why? It wasn't too long ago QP finished bottom of the pack.

Dundonald Bluebell ffs🤣

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Why? It wasn't too long ago QP finished bottom of the pack.

Dundonald Bluebell ffs🤣

A Cowdenbeath fan giving out stick about cup results against non league teams?

That's a dangerous road to go down!

11 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

With the huge growth in Covid-19 prevalence we’re currently seeing and the new lockdown I wonder how long it will be before football is either suspended by the Scottish Government or the season just collapses because of multiple postponements?  If so, null and void, tables as they stand, or points per game?  And would it be acceptable to cancel the relegation playoffs for a second successive year?

One word: vaccines.

I don't really understand how part time football is allowed to continue when the situation is as bad as we are lead to believe. There is no testing at this level. Why can't I play 5 a sides with my pals but lower and non league players can play football three times a week? What's the difference if there is no testing? I don't get how we can fall under a professional banner for sport when there is no testing.

Doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Guest The Phoenix
1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I don't really understand how part time football is allowed to continue when the situation is as bad as we are lead to believe. There is no testing at this level. Why can't I play 5 a sides with my pals but lower and non league players can play football three times a week? What's the difference if there is no testing? I don't get how we can fall under a professional banner for sport when there is no testing.

Doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I completely understand your concern Neilly and it could all go pear-shaped at any time.

However, whilst I cannot speak for Clubs outside of the SPFL, all Clubs (including Part Time) from the Championship down adhere to strict Covid Protocols, including reporting and recording of any symptoms and temperature testing before any access to training sessions or on a match day. 

To date, we have had one player test positive having contracted the virus whilst carrying out his "day job" and based on close contact two of our players subsequently self-isolated for 14 days. 

It's not perfect but the precautions taken and the adherence to protocols are undoubtedly a big step up from "social football with your pals". 

Let's hope we can all get back to some sort of group exercise sooner rather than later... patience is most certainly not one of my virtues! 

All the best, 

TP

I don’t have the figures but it seems to me the “non testing” teams have had very few cases when compared with the Premier League twice weekly test teams.

A great deal of credit is due therefore to the players and staff for keeping themselves safe when going about their daily work as well as training and playing Football.

3 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I don’t have the figures but it seems to me the “non testing” teams have had very few cases when compared with the Premier League twice weekly test teams.

A great deal of credit is due therefore to the players and staff for keeping themselves safe when going about their daily work as well as training and playing Football.

I wouldn't read too much into that though as someone can be positive but not show any symptoms. The difference being the premier League players can still result in testing positive and it's noted / isolation put in place while lower league players will just carry on as normal cos they still feel fine.

8 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Surely by definition if teams are getting tested they are obviously going to show more cases than those who are not? I don't think that's a way of looking at things as though we are doing something better at this level than those further up or that the lower league players are looking after themselves better.

There will surely be numerous players at this level who are walking around asymptomatic but are just going about their training in a normal manner as they are none the wiser.

13 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I think that was Donald Trump's theory in America. Test fewer, get less positive results, problem solved!

13 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

No, SPFL tried to get a consensus on how to end things but club’s couldn’t agree. Stand by for more acrimony as they try to find a solution!

What they really need to do is wait even longer so that clubs are split up into groups who have a huge vested interest in one particular potential outcome. That's the smart thing to do.