Binos v Raith

RRFC2711

Commentators are using a fair bit of revisionism about the game. We’ve battered Stirling since about 15 minutes in.
The game has been finished since we scored the first. We've been pish lately but still a cut above in this game, while still having our usual slow start.

Commentators are using a fair bit of revisionism about the game. We’ve battered Stirling since about 15 minutes in.

Wee bit but coverage has been good overall, only complaint is our subs weren’t highlighted who went off and who came on. Picture is excellent and not buffered once.

Not the strongest opposition, but we were fine. Pretty dominant after an early scare. 

Some awful finishing, again, but we are creating the chances and the 2nd goal was a good goal. 

Job done, no injuries. That will do. 

Yeah. Not much on show tonight that night indicate signs of recovery. Still pretty pedestrian in the final third. Our midfield can control possession, but we are so lacking up front. You could taste Gullan's frustration at times.

That TV presentation was really good, it didn't buffer once for me and was excellent quality throughout. Shame the game was a bit dull but a 2-0 win away from home is always welcome.

Edited by mrpaddyx

Decent enough result but I don’t think we really got going, Stirling had some chances but didn’t really trouble MacDonald. Thought the Binos looked decent for a team two divisions down who’ve only played a game in a couple of months but going up against a higher division match fit team was always going to be a big ask. Coverage as I said above was really good.

Best of luck for the season Binos.

Job done. We got off lightly with the Stirling chances but ultimately our experience and ability shone through. Good to see Ugwu and Tait back on the score sheet as it had been a while. Kennedy had his best game in a wee while albeit it was against a poorer standard than we'll usually be up against. The Hearts result just shows how dangerous games like this can be. Best of luck to Stirling for the rest of the season - credit to them as they came out and tried to play at times which is more than can be said for most of the teams in league 1. Wouldn't surprise me to see them get promotion at the end of the season via the playoffs. 

No surprise or upset tonight Raith too good in the end and go through to next round might have been different if we had taken one of our chances in the first half but that’s football for you. Sickner to lose a goal just before half time. Second half Raith showed their class and it was no surprise they scored a second. Onwards to Elgin on Saturday and hopefully a win to keep the pressure on Queens Park at the top. Best of luck in the next round Raith, hopefully you do the business at Livingston.

The binos did have a few moments of quality tonight. Take the early chance from what was a fantastic pass and it may have been a different game. Beyond that we were comfortable enough throughout though. Satv was better than the majority of streaming services in the championship, so should be commended. All the best for the rest of the season.

After about 35 minutes tonight, I’d adopted my usual stance of nodding positively about how we were playing from back to middle, then contemplating smashing up my keyboard as soon as we entered the final third. 

I was concerned  that Stirling had the best two openings in that period, and maybe if their goalie hadn’t inexplicably decided to fall back after Ugwu sent a header straight at him then who knows, it might have been different, but ultimately, we were well worthy of a place in the next round. 

I was impressed with the Binos coverage though, really professional and well worth a tenner. Cheers. 

We managed 4 decent crosses & scored from 2 of them. The short corners need to be occasional rather than routine. I would start fining players who pass back on free kicks at the half way line. Totally stupid, totally negative- one may have been running down the clock but still pathetic. If you don't want to attack stay off the park.