Binos v Raith

RRFC2711

23 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

My sole success with the correct score sweep was the Killie game at Rugby Park in 1968.Had 4-4 final score and was all for chucking  it away at half time as we were 4-0 up,ended up 4-4 

Also remember when we were given money for our tea(fash supper) on supporters buses at away matches

I was there too, AS soon as Killie got there first goal I knew they'd come back.

In a dozen plus years of going to every away game I won a few sweeps,  but my best result on the bus sweep was an unfortunate/fortunate Mid week night at Fir Park when I drew 3-0....twice!

Motherwell went in 3-0 up at half time and couldn’t add to their tally so......

Started on the supporters bus in the mid-late 1970s.

Committee members:

Brian Fairful, Alan (soapy) Paul, Zena Johnston, Ken Puddifoot, Alan Melville, Leslie Robertson, Drew Nairn, Fraser Hamilton, Janice, Rosemary, 

Jock McKay was a real character in those days.

• 2 months later...

Raith will be favourites for this game comes too soon for us after the restart might have stood a better chance if we had been playing regularly. Still would like to think we will put up a good show on Tuesday night. Prediction Binos 0 Raith 2 ☹️

41 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I hope we make as many changes as possible for this one. 

Although it would be a bit embarrassing, in the big picture getting knocked out wouldn't be a bad thing really. 

Agreed, I wouldn’t be risking anyone that is carrying a knock and would try to keep as many fresh as possible for two very important league games coming up with Morton and Dunfermline.

However, having not won in 4 and struggling to score goals, we need a win here to lift the confidence going into those games. McGlynn has already said he will rotate the squad again. Does Davo’s ban cover the Scottish Cup? If so, the back 4 picks itself and any rotation will have to be further forward. Hendry is the only player from the midfield/attackers not to be rested at any point so I think this might be the game he sits out.

Duku probably did enough yesterday to get another start, he really needs a goal to lift his confidence so I’d pick him again. I don’t think Vaughan can manage two starts so close together at this stage so I’d take him out and keep him fresh for the weekend. I think Robbie Thomson seems to be the cup goalkeeper too. So I’d go something like this:

Thomson

Tumilty   
Musonda   
Bene     
MacDonald

King
Spencer

Armstrong/Gullan   
Tait   
Kennedy

Duku

I would hope that line up would still be strong enough to get the job done and could leave Jamie MacDonald, Hendry, Matthews, Vaughan and one of Armstrong/Gullan fresh for the weekend. I’d be tempted to keep Matthews in for King but with the greatest of respect to Stirling, who will be a tough test, if we can’t trust King to slot in and do a job against League Two opposition, he shouldn’t be here.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I hope we make as many changes as possible for this one. 

Although it would be a bit embarrassing, in the big picture getting knocked out wouldn't be a bad thing really. 

League results are more important for us as well. Not sure what side we'll put out but my suspicion is it will be a blend of established and new signings.. Enough to avoid an embarrassing scoreline.

5 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

League results are more important for us as well. Not sure what side we'll put out but my suspicion is it will be a blend of established and new signings.. Enough to avoid an embarrassing scoreline.

I suspect this will be the case for most teams in the cup. An unfortunate by product of restarting the competition at this late stage of the season. 

7 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Agreed, I wouldn’t be risking anyone that is carrying a knock and would try to keep as many fresh as possible for two very important league games coming up with Morton and Dunfermline.

However, having not won in 4 and struggling to score goals, we need a win here to lift the confidence going into those games. McGlynn has already said he will rotate the squad again. Does Davo’s ban cover the Scottish Cup? If so, the back 4 picks itself and any rotation will have to be further forward. Hendry is the only player from the midfield/attackers not to be rested at any point so I think this might be the game he sits out.

Duku probably did enough yesterday to get another start, he really needs a goal to lift his confidence so I’d pick him again. I don’t think Vaughan can manage two starts so close together at this stage so I’d take him out and keep him fresh for the weekend. I think Robbie Thomson seems to be the cup goalkeeper too. So I’d go something like this:

Thomson

Tumilty   
Musonda   
Bene     
MacDonald

King
Spencer

Armstrong/Gullan   
Tait   
Kennedy

Duku

I would hope that line up would still be strong enough to get the job done and could leave Jamie MacDonald, Hendry, Matthews, Vaughan and one of Armstrong/Gullan fresh for the weekend. I’d be tempted to keep Matthews in for King but with the greatest of respect to Stirling, who will be a tough test, if we can’t trust King to slot in and do a job against League Two opposition, he shouldn’t be here.

No, Cup is a separate competition, but will JMcG play him? I’d go:

Thomson (or even Bow, rest JMac)

Tumilty/Davo/Musonda (rest Bene, and KMac’s ankle)

Arnott/King/Coulson

Vaughan

Mahady/Abraham/Smith

Does it “make sense”, hell no. Does it help us understand some of our bench, certainly. Should we do it, yep.

Yeah given the build up in league fixtures I'm not really fussed for this other than to see some of the fringe players get some game time.

Thomson

Tumilty Musonda Bene Armstrong

King Arnott

Coulson Tait Abraham

Ugwu

As much as Ugwu and Abraham in particular haven't been great we may need them going forward so need game and confidence.

52 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

Scottish Cup Round 2 - Stirling Albion V Raith Rovers - Cleeng

Absolutely, definitely NOT Pixellot !! 

3 cameras, in play replays and HD Quality Picture.  

Will there be lingering shots of the technical area, zooming in on the managers faces while play is going on, and showing replays so you miss corners being taken, then have to watch the replay of them to see what happened, oh and the odd close up of a player's foot for 5 seconds? 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

If this tie had went ahead in Jan. I think SA may have went toe to toe and fancied their chances. Several months later and we have only 90 mins competitive football played. SA may therefore take a more cautious approach. On sat, players were being treated for muscle strains after 70 mins. Although Raith are riding high in league, goals seem to have deserted you. With no action on the pitch, Forthbank turf is in immaculate condition. Should suit young Kai Kennedy.

I’ll have an extra beer, narrow my eyes and under the floodlights, Imagine it’s Bayern M. your playing.

Just watched the highlights of Ayr v Raith. More action in the interview with J. McG afterwards. Did he have a ball at his feet?

The third depressingly drab affair with Ayr this season. Our games have been really difficult to watch lately, not enjoyed them one bit and find myself barely paying attention for long spells. Had enough of the streaming pish. Hopefully a few goals this evening makes it a bit better.