Binos v Raith

RRFC2711

2 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

SAFC, to my surprise have kept the PPV  price at £10.The commentary, like all clubs, is biased.

I've got no great problem with that. 

I'd rather have biased and informed than the clueless muppets on Premier Sports (Michael Stewart excepted) who covered our league cup tie at Tynecastle. 

20 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I've got no great problem with that. 

I'd rather have biased and informed than the clueless muppets on Premier Sports (Michael Stewart excepted) who covered our league cup tie at Tynecastle. 

you have to bear in mind that they are volunteers. Check out some of the highlight videos on SATV Youtube.

3 hours ago, headthebaw said:

you have to bear in mind that they are volunteers. Check out some of the highlight videos on SATV Youtube.

I think most of the clubs' TV channels will be run by volunteers. 

As I said above, I've got no problem whatsoever if they're partisan. 

I went to have a peek on YouTube, but ended up watching your 20-0 game (great memories of the old Annfield), then countless views of your boy cementing Ian Black a few seasons back. Tremendous. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

6 hours ago, renton said:

Any chance the ref can just call the pitch unplayable for Tuesday as well. Save us losing our Tuesday league game to a fixture that must have slim chance of being on...

Forecast for Monday and Tuesday upto a balmy 5⁰/6⁰C in the Central Belt so game at Forthbank looking (for now) to be safe.

17 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I think most of the clubs' TV channels will be run by volunteers. 

As I said above, I've got no problem whatsoever if they're partisan. 

I went to have a peek on YouTube, but ended up watching your 20-0 game (great memories of the old Annfield), then countless views of your boy cementing Ian Black a few seasons back. Tremendous. 

Yes, ALL clubs provide good Livestream. A possible difference at SATV is the volunteers are film and media students at Stirling uni.

re Annfield. Hope you paid half fare on the bus.

A possible solution to Kirkcaldy conundrum. Schedule and play your league fixtures as norm. If and when Raith fail to honour cup tie.
 Nations most prestigious tournament. 
They can booted out into the North Sea.

Tonight QP v QofS a flavour of whats to come. 

4 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

A possible solution to Kirkcaldy conundrum. Schedule and play your league fixtures as norm. If and when Raith fail to honour cup tie.

Tonight QP v QofS a flavour of whats to come

Probably.

5 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Tonight QP v QofS a flavour of whats to come. 

Most prestigious tournament? Really? 

Give me the league match against Dundee any day of the week. An absolute nonsense that league games are being rescheduled for a cup competition. 

I will most certainly not be forking out a tenner to watch a game filmed on some Stirling uni student's mobile phone. 

5 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

re Annfield. Hope you paid half fare on the bus.

Back in the good old days you sold 20 scratchcards per week (@10p each) for the Rovers supporters club and that got you free travel on an Alexander's bus to away games. 

What the rules were about 13 year olds effectively being involved in gambling, I have no idea, but it got me to towns and grounds I'd never have been near otherwise. 

I'm sure the first time I went to Annfield it was 70 pence at the boys gate.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Back in the good old days you sold 20 scratchcards per week (@10p each) for the Rovers supporters club and that got you free travel on an Alexander's bus to away games. 

What the rules were about 13 year olds effectively being involved in gambling, I have no idea, but it got me to towns and grounds I'd never have been near otherwise. 

I'm sure the first time I went to Annfield it was 70 pence at the boys gate.

You could, without incumbrance were encouraged to but tickets for the sweep and winnings doled out to all ages.

My only win was a 0-0 at Love Street  in 1974 where I was hoping we didn't score despite hammering the Buddies in the last 15 minutes.

Lifted the half and full time sweep that day.

Oh Lord! Those were the days. Totally forgot about the sweep on the bus. My sole success was when I got a HT win at an away game to Berwick sometime in the mid 1990's. Can't even remember the score at FT never mind HT.🤔😄

My sole success with the correct score sweep was the Killie game at Rugby Park in 1968.Had 4-4 final score and was all for chucking  it away at half time as we were 4-0 up,ended up 4-4 

Also remember when we were given money for our tea(fash supper) on supporters buses at away matches