Cancel the season?

13 hours ago, parkcircus said:

Have you consulted the majority?

Clubs at the beginning of the season knew this could happen, the league can’t just declare it null and void because some can’t be bothered.

they’ve provided a logical plan based on the current, very fluid, situation and minimal information

I wonder if the committee have consulted the clubs on this. Glensmad will tell us if they have.

I can only assume people have forgotten the Group system approach that was proposed. You know the one that had multiple cut off points because they never took it for granted there would be a "complete" season.

Or that clubs had the chance to withdraw up until the middle of November. Again because it was pretty clear to everyone that fans were by no means guaranteed. Especially for the West of Scotland under the levels system. I think there was only a brief moment of time when Kello were technically able to host fans thanks to being in D&G.

Since clubs actually signed up for a potential curtailed season with no expectation of fans, is it really that surprising that a majority would want to complete it?

24 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I wonder if the committee have consulted the clubs on this. Glensmad will tell us if they have.

Clubs were consulted at the beginning of the season and they were offered to continue or withdraw. There would need to be 32 clubs agreeing to an SGM to then hold a vote on the matter, the SGM has a 2 week notice period. So chances  are best to wait to the 3rd April to see what happens.

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So do the exact same thing, but make it more meaningless?

Nay just common sense 

When travel is restricted for the majority of people, the likes of Forth will be travelling the best prt of 60 miles to Greenock, Irvine, Ardeer and Kello !!!!!

If they want to play and get their squad up to speed for next season, within a 12 miles radius the could play the likes of Shotts, Newmain, Wishaw, Lesmahagow Carluke and Lanark.

As we hopefully close to exiting these restrictions it’s all about minimising the risk to the wider public to keep the infection numbers DOWN.

Feck me what’s to stop these clubs having a mini tournament amongst themselves with none of them travelling more than 12 miles

Edited by Lobby Dossar

As a comparison, in The Netherlands the leagues have now been scrapped and non-league clubs (comparable to WOS standard) are aiming for local tournaments to give players game time again when the government gives the go ahead.

Lanark United boss Jamie McKenzie speaking to the local press

“With the news last week about Leagues 1 and 2 coming back, there was a big emphasis put on testing the players. I think financially that makes it almost a non-starter for our leagues.  I think it is upwards of £1,000 per week just to test players, management and committee guys. Those kind of figures are way outwith what most teams can afford.With the news that the authorities are demanding the tests be done, I think it’s looking less and less likely that we will restart.A few months down the line, hopefully we will be in a better place and we will be ready to start.It’s a blow because we would all love to get back to playing, but as the weeks go on, we are not really any closer. I think that hope is rapidly disappearing as teams at our level having to pay £1,000 a week just to do testing alone would be impossible.The West of Scotland League probably need to come out as an organisation and tell us where we’re at so we can just draw a line under it and plan for next year."

Latest SFA advice, looks to me we wont see any games before 26th April at the earliest.  If that is accurate, I think the season is gubbed.

18 years and above

The Scottish Government and sportscotland guidance regarding 18 years and above who are permitted to participate in outdoor non-contact group activity with full Level 4 guidance can be found here. We would urge everyone to adhere to the following guidance:  All activity must be non-contact, ensuring physical distancing is in place at all times before, during and after activity takes place. All activity must be organised within your own Local Authority area and players are not permitted to travel to neighbouring authorities to participate, as per Scottish Government travel restrictions.  It is recommended that activity is limited to twice a week and for a maximum of 60 minutes per session.  All group activity must consist of a maximum of 15 players and officials (two appropriate PVG officials for SYFA) and all activity must contain a COVID Officer and First Aider per 1/4 of a pitch. Key Dates/Next Stages The following are indicative dates that will allow clubs to start to prepare for future activity and over the coming weeks we will continue to engage with the Scottish Government and sportscotland to gain more clarification on specific areas.

5 April  Stay at home: Stay at home requirement removed

26 April  Strategic (Levels) Framework: Return to a levels system, which includes regional variation based on data. Further detail will be published in as soon as it is available.  Sport:The levels system will support the phased re-opening of sport. The detail of what activity will be permitted in each level will be confirmed this month. We once again thank all our clubs, volunteers and players for their continued patience as we start to progress over the coming weeks towards a safe return to football. At this time, we would encourage everyone to maintain daily physical activity within their own household or by following the Scottish Government ‘meeting others outdoors’ guidance.

Scrolled back but probably missed it if its already on this thread.
I'm just gonna spitball this out there and don't mind being torn to shreds on this.
The only reason for this post is for the WOSFL submitting a winner of the top division for the playoffs

Obviously its seemingly unlikely that the season will continue.
There is only one matter regarding the league tables which is the winning of the WOSFL premier division and then subsequent, into the playoffs if said team have met the licensed criteria within the required timeframe and league finishing meeting the playoff due date time.

Who are those teams who are chasing that winning position and I mean by league standings and being licensed in time.
I take it those teams would be
Clydebank FC
Kilwinning FC
Darvel FC

Any others ? Irvine Meadow, Troon ?

Anyways, the division has 14 clubs at the moment so that means 26 games in total but some teams are at 5 games and some at the maximum played 9 games.
What I'm getting at, if there not a possibility of making the season 13 games, games that have already been played counted so the league table stands where it is. Also any team that has played each other twice, (Troon v Rutherglen, should be one game so as Troon have won both games then they can be given a one game win), not sure if any others are out  there but I'm sure there is.   

In order for this to happen I take it a EGM could be called to vote on this by the premier divisions teams or has this no chance of happening

Meaning the season would finish with every team having played 13 games with less weeks required when starting back to finish the league

premier.PNG

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 12/03/2021 at 16:02, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Scrolled back but probably missed it if its already on this thread.
I'm just gonna spitball this out there and don't mind being torn to shreds on this.
The only reason for this post is for the WOSFL submitting a winner of the top division for the playoffs

Obviously its seemingly unlikely that the season will continue.
There is only one matter regarding the league tables which is the winning of the WOSFL premier division and then subsequent, into the playoffs if said team have met the licensed criteria within the required timeframe and league finishing meeting the playoff due date time.

Who are those teams who are chasing that winning position and I mean by league standings and being licensed in time.
I take it those teams would be
Clydebank FC
Kilwinning FC
Darvel FC

Any others ? Irvine Meadow, Troon ?

Anyways, the division has 14 clubs at the moment so that means 26 games in total but some teams are at 5 games and some at the maximum played 9 games.
What I'm getting at, if there not a possibility of making the season 13 games, games that have already been played counted so the league table stands where it is. Also any team that has played each other twice, (Troon v Rutherglen, should be one game so as Troon have won both games then they can be given a one game win), not sure if any others are out  there but I'm sure there is.   

In order for this to happen I take it a EGM could be called to vote on this by the premier divisions teams or has this no chance of happening

Meaning the season would finish with every team having played 13 games with less weeks required when starting back to finish the league

premier.PNG

Great idea! You should speak to the league about this!

Or you could read this....

On 10/03/2021 at 13:17, pollokfan1987 said:

Big Update from the WOS league if teams are not back training by the 3rd April season will be declared Null and Voided

wos.jpg

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Great idea! You should speak to the league about this!

Or you could read this....

Read it already

It isn't the 4th of April yet, is it, so the season could still start back in the WOSFL, and if so then the point I put could still officially happen if they decided to go down that route but is my idea a valid one that could work, I think it could

Work it out, why haven't the Lowland League not issued similar, I know for a fact they haven't
I am unsure if the EOSFL added anything similar to the WOSFL statement

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The Lowland League and EoSFL seasons are further on than the WoSFL in terms of games played, so at this stage they don't require to set a deadline to reach their threshold for declaring champions.

Right now if the WOSFL has to declare null and void I take it that the EOSFL, if finished will put the winners to the playoff only as the SOS has bene declared null and void.

I think the point I was trying to make, (even with the WOSFL in mind), changing from 26 games this season to 13,  means the finish could happen if the league starts back in, say, mid April

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Read it already

It isn't the 4th of April yet, is it, so the season could still start back in the WOSFL, and if so then the point I put could still officially happen if they decided to go down that route but is my idea a valid one that could work, I think it could

Work it out, why haven't the Lowland League not issued similar, I know for a fact they haven't
I am unsure if the EOSFL added anything similar to the WOSFL statement

The date isn't the pertinent part of the statement, it's the part which says 50% of matches need to be played. You're claiming to have invented the idea.

24 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The date isn't the pertinent part of the statement, it's the part which says 50% of matches need to be played. You're claiming to have invented the idea.

Honestly, ffs where do I claim

The first part of my post is 
"Scrolled back but probably missed it if its already on this thread.
I'm just gonna spitball this out there and don't mind being torn to shreds on this."
So where does this state I claimed to have invented the idea, I think you have problems and or issues that need to have addressed and some help as your clearly looking at things wrongly seeing words that are clearly not there.

Every time you reply, your not even interested in constructive points, your more interested in trying to put people down, which again is backfiring on you.

I will say however, the statement of 50% of matches to be played, it doesn't state each team once, that's why I put the point forward, so its fair and no team can argue about it

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Honestly, ffs where do I claim

The first part of my post is 
"Scrolled back but probably missed it if its already on this thread.
I'm just gonna spitball this out there and don't mind being torn to shreds on this."
So where does this state I claimed to have invented the idea, I think you have problems and or issues that need to have addressed and some help as your clearly looking at things wrongly seeing words that are clearly not there.

Every time you reply, your not even interested in constructive points, your more interested in trying to put people down, which again is backfiring on you.

I will say however, the statement of 50% of matches to be played, it doesn't state each team once, that's why I put the point forward, so its fair and no team can argue about it

Calm down and stop playing the victim. For anyone who frequents this forum not to know the contingency that has been in place for a while is incredible. It wouldn't matter who it was. But the fact that it's Mr. "I make relevant contributions to every thread I participate in", is a bonus.

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Calm down and stop playing the victim. For anyone who frequents this forum not to know the contingency that has been in place for a while is incredible. It wouldn't matter who it was. But the fact that it's Mr. "I make relevant contributions to every thread I participate in", is a bonus.

At the end of the day
You made  a statement about me
which was "You're claiming to have invented the idea."

Your making it up by mistake or deliberately lying or you have issues that people you dislike makes you make stuff up, (personally i like the last part)
i don't claim the victim, you are the victim as you rip the pish out of yourself when you post things about people to try and put them down

Honestly, its every time, you never come out of this well

try try and please try, just put posts on about your views of the subject of the posts or thread without trying to put people down, trust me, you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

At the end of the day
You made  a statement about me
which was "You're claiming to have invented the idea."

Your making it up by mistake or deliberately lying or you have issues that people you dislike makes you make stuff up, (personally i like the last part)
i don't claim the victim, you are the victim as you rip the pish out of yourself when you post things about people to try and put them down

Honestly, its every time, you never come out of this well

try try and please try, just put posts on about your views of the subject of the posts or thread without trying to put people down, trust me, you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself

Another rant. There have been loads. This one is just a casing point case in point.

However, point taken. Sorry to upset you.