Cancel the season?

25 minutes ago, TheAftonBear said:

Fitba without fans is nothing.

Season shouldn't have started without fans in first place.

If this season is completed and it looks like a big if then all fans of the team that wins the league will forever hear is "you won that league without 5 teams that should have been in it"

And im sure the fans of that club wont really care. 

2 minutes ago, TheAftonBear said:

What's that ment to mean? 😂

Well for me, if Clydebank won the league and someone said as you have in your post ‘aye but 5 teams weren’t playing’, id really not care. Im pretty sure Darvel, Troon or Kilwinning wouldn’t care either, I doubt anyone’s going to decline the league trophy because they feel sad some sat the season out for whatever public or private reasons they did so. 

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well for me, if Clydebank won the league and someone said as you have in your post ‘aye but 5 teams weren’t playing’, id really not care. Im pretty sure Darvel, Troon or Kilwinning wouldn’t care either, I doubt anyone’s going to decline the league trophy because they feel sad some sat the season out for whatever public or private reasons they did so. 

Aye its still an achievment but less so when there's 5 teams missing ,  at least 3 of which would have been challenging for the title. But like it or not it will always be remembered as a unique season that wasn't competed with all the teams. Hopefully the only time that can be said though

2 hours ago, TheAftonBear said:

If this season is completed and it looks like a big if then all fans of the team that wins the league will forever hear is "you won that league without 5 teams that should have been in it"

A title won behind closed doors will follow them because they obviously would want to be there to see their team win something.

Besides maybe some Darvel fans, I don't think anyone else will really care that some teams sat out.

With no fans and games being played behind closed doors this year, there isn't much 'advantage' to be had for teams playing at home - so I reckon this creates a bit of a leveller for everyone (perhaps teams who play on astro or who have very good playing surfaces being the exception to this). 

The league winner (if there is one) will not care about the fact teams pulled out - can only beat what's in front of you. 

6 hours ago, TheAftonBear said:

Interestingly it will probably be the same people who talked down the Junior Cup after the teams from the East jumped ship. 

This season is certainly devalued by the absence of teams but, like the Junior Cup towards the end, it's certainly an enjoyable thing to win but it won't carry the same prestige asva competition with a full compliment. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Interestingly it will probably be the same people who talked down the Junior Cup after the teams from the East jumped ship. 

This season is certainly devalued by the absence of teams but, like the Junior Cup towards the end, it's certainly an enjoyable thing to win but it won't carry the same prestige asva competition with a full compliment. 

It will be the same people in one sense. In that the talking down will come from those affiliated with clubs that weren't competing in the competition.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It will be the same people in one sense. In that the talking down will come from those affiliated with clubs that weren't competing in the competition.

I think that anyone capable of objectivity can see why the respective competitions are/were undermined. 

I think that anyone capable of objectivity can see why the respective competitions are/were undermined. 

As long as whoever wins this year's WoS Premier goes onto win promotion, their fanbase aren't going to care. It'll be like Kelty's EoS Premier win. A footnote.

Fail to get promoted they've got to hang around for an unknown period of time getting slated by the fans of clubs around them.

I think the club and fans will be devastated, if they are licenced, win promotion to the Lowland League and possibly even SPFL within a few years. I'm sure they'll be thinking, "we may well be in League 2 now, but our WoSFL title will forever be tainted because some clubs chose to sit the season out."

47 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I think the club and fans will be devastated, if they are licenced, win promotion to the Lowland League and possibly even SPFL within a few years. I'm sure they'll be thinking, "we may well be in League 2 now, but our WoSFL title will forever be tainted because some clubs chose to sit the season out."

You’re getting emotional about a fairly self evident point. 

56 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

As long as whoever wins this year's WoS Premier goes onto win promotion, their fanbase aren't going to care. It'll be like Kelty's EoS Premier win. A footnote.

Fail to get promoted they've got to hang around for an unknown period of time getting slated by the fans of clubs around them.

I don't think it's going to cause anyone anywhere to lose a wink of sleep but it's still a fairly watered down achievement in the grand scheme of things, but aye, there's a lot incentive beyond just winning a title and the chance to escape the division now isn't to be sneezed at. 

So long as all games are played, BCD or not, then the title has been won fair and square. The PPG nonsense would make titles look a bit cheapened, what is the difference - win the Lge with the likes of Talbot not playing OR win the Lge when the likes of Talbot have a below par season (it may happen). this and next season could be the best chance to progress.

On 15/01/2021 at 08:22, SaturdaySammy said:

With no fans and games being played behind closed doors this year, there isn't much 'advantage' to be had for teams playing at home - so I reckon this creates a bit of a leveller for everyone (perhaps teams who play on astro or who have very good playing surfaces being the exception to this)

The league winner (if there is one) will not care about the fact teams pulled out - can only beat what's in front of you. 

No advantage as I'd say that nearly every team and all players have been training on Astro for years so doesn't really make that much a difference.

Yip Sammy you can only beat what's in front of you. if there is a league winner it will go down in history books that the first winner will be none of the team who withdrew.

It's similar to Celtic winning the league without Rangers being there, it will go down in history books that Celtic won the league, only Rangers fan will dispute its eligibility but fact remain they won the league so it will be the same for the winner of the WOFL

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

No advantage as I'd say that nearly every team and all players have bene training on Astro for years so doesn't really make that much a difference.

Yip Sammy you can only beat what's in front of you. if there is a league winner it will go down in history books that the first winner will be none of the team who withdrew.

It's similar to Celtic winning the league without Rangers being there, it will go down in history books that Celtic won the league, only Rangers fan will dispute its eligibility but fact remain they won the league so it will be the same for the winner of the WOFL

it's not at all similar. 

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

it's not at all similar. 

Your obviously not understanding what is meant by the post or just totally ignoring what the sentence means or is trying to relate to

The similarities is factual or will be once the winners of the WOSFl happen, if it does this year unless its null and void.
Meaning it will only state in the history books that some team won the league, it wont mention that teams good enough to win the league or potentially did not play.
Fact is Auchinleck or Pollok or the others did not win the league in season 2020/21. So in 2025 or 2030 and so on, no one will be interested who was in the division they will just see who the winners of the WOSFL in 2020/21 was......

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread