Cancel the season?

As far as I'm aware, I don't believe the WOSFL will be allowed to be extended during this seasons end. The reason I believe is that the playoffs wont be allowed to be late so whoever the winners are will be, will be too late to enter the play off if we start back too late.

But my question
Whatever the official date of the playoffs when is it mathematical impossible to finish off the WOSFL premier league if we start back ?
For example if we are given the notice next weekend that we can start back, is there enough game time to finish within the official timeframe ?

On 06/03/2021 at 23:13, Bestsinceslicebread said:

PMSL, constructive comment, CLASS.

Give it a rest you utter moron. Everyone in youth football knows you are the biggest pish talker out there that's why you have been hunted from every youth club you have ever been at (loads of them) all talk to begin with to worm way in to clubs then you get found out for being full of crap just like you have been on here. Fraud. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

25 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

It is so depressing at the moment.

It's a shame that the effort was for nothing but surely it's better to just call it now instead of keeping everyone hanging on and giving the new board unnecessary stress. They can focus on getting properly ready for next season. A 38 game season will take some planning for a start.

Why are they focused on a finish date for May 22nd? If they recognise that the LL play-off is just not going to happen for them this season then surely they can complete a season and still have league winners and movement within the West of Scotland setup for next season?

Genuine question, I'd be happy to be corrected on this. 

Edited by vikingTON

19 minutes ago, virginton said:

Why are they focused on a finish date for May 22nd? If they recognise that the LL play-off is just not going to happen for them this season then surely they can complete a season and still have league winners and movement within the West of Scotland setup for next season?

The only movement scheduled was a Lowland League play off place, there is no other promotion/ relegation.

14 hours ago, gaswork said:

Give it a rest frank you utter moron. Everyone in youth football knows you are the biggest pish talker out there that's why you have been hunted from every youth club you have ever been at (loads of them) all talk to begin with to worm way in to clubs then you get found out for being full of crap just like you have been on here. Fraud. 

pmsl, who is this guy your on about lolol,  Imaging naming someone and then find out that its not the person your talking about, I bet you'd feel like a right stupid person and that's me being diplomatic. Now trafford, go back to what your good at, oh that's right, WE ALL remember what your good at >>>> looks to see what your good at  lololoolololol

4 hours ago, virginton said:

If I remember correctly there is no movement whatsoever in relegation or promotion for season 20/21 in the WOSFL.
The only team who can get promoted are the winners of the league if they enter the playoff.

I take it the general meeting that was called from the teams was the date when the new committee people would be voted in.  Don't think there was anyway the previous chairmen and committee were going to call the seasons null and void until it was mathematically impossible to complete in time.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

11 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Don't think there was anyway the previous chairmen and committee were going to call the seasons null and void until it was mathematically impossible to complete in time.

When Kennie Young was on a podcast a couple of weeks ago he was saying he'd need a max of 10 matchdays to get to the 50% mark to allow for PPG. He suggested a timeframe of around 6 weeks to complete that in as not to push the teams to an extreme.

Add 2-3 weeks for training before competitive games get played, you're basically looking a the end of the month to make a decision.

I see that Bonnyrigg Rose have a link to a Sunday Times article which some may choke on, especially those who want to scotch organised outdoor activities. Let's see what the SG and its' hard core Medical Advisers have to say about this.

Below is the intro extract but the headline is damning:

Experts find no evidence that Covid transmitted on field | Sport | The Sunday Times (thetimes.co.uk)

Experts find no evidence that Covid transmitted on field

Martyn Ziegler

Sunday March 07 2021, 12.01am, The Sunday Times

Not a single case of on-the-field transmission of the Covid-19 virus has been confirmed in football, rugby union, rugby league or American football during a full year of the pandemic, medical experts have revealed.

Detailed tracing of players who have tested positive for the virus has been carried out in all the sports but in every case the transmission was put down to off-the-field contact, such as in meeting rooms, cars and indoor activities.

The sports’ findings should provide a strong argument that outdoor community and elite sports can be played with minimal risk to the participants — and perhaps that grassroots and women’s rugby union can return without the need for the adapted rules that have banned scrums and mauls.

Tssssk...those medical experts, eh ?

Minimal risk to young, fit, participants ?...Perhaps killing random grannies by brushing against them in the shop doesn't mean anything to you. Maybe we've already run out of elderly folk to wipe out because your fit, young, fitba playing relatives have given them a big cuddle already.

What is it about a pandemic that you and the Kemlin p***k don't understand ?

You've been punting your warped & twisted views all over the various forums for months now...Is there an election coming up or something ?

Ah, there is then,...Gonnae give it a wee rest on the West forum for a while 'cos we are fucking sick of your preaching attitude.

My viewpoint is my own and I don't represent any particular club...etc. etc....

Let's get fitba back (safely) as soon as we can without blaming any government for it not being here sooner.

5 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Minimal risk to young, fit, participants ?...Perhaps killing random grannies by brushing against them in the shop doesn't mean anything to you. Maybe we've already run out of elderly folk to wipe out because your fit, young, fitba playing relatives have given them a big cuddle already.

You've been punting your warped & twisted views all over the various forums for months now...Is there an election coming up or something ?

Ah, there is then,...Gonnae give it a wee rest on the West forum for a while 'cos we are fucking sick of your preaching attitude.

Let's get fitba back (safely) as soon as we can without blaming any government for it not being here sooner.

Who else fault would it be. It's the Scottish government that is stopping it. If ppl were sensible it worked. But because old firm players and now fans dont behave the rest of us have to suffer. 

f**k off and sit in the house like a lemon if u want 

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Who else fault would it be. It's the Scottish government that is stopping it. If ppl were sensible it worked. But because old firm players and now fans dont behave the rest of us have to suffer. 

f**k off and sit in the house like a lemon if u want 

Keep a civil tongue in your heid youse two!!

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Yes. Let's get football and other organised outdoor activities back as soon as it is safe. Yes let's keep politics out of it and deal with facts. It really doesn't matter which Party  runs the SG but which ever Party runs it needs to get it right if it can. It needs to be open about the advice it is listening to and publish it so it can be scrutinised. Why the SG secrecy?

Yes everyone is entitled to have a view and to express their own view freely. They don't need to support any particular club.

20 minutes ago, Dev said:

Yes. Let's get football and other organised outdoor activities back as soon as it is safe. Yes let's keep politics out of it and deal with facts. It really doesn't matter which Party  runs the SG but which ever Party runs it needs to get it right if it can. It needs to be open about the advice it is listening to and publish it so it can be scrutinised. Why the SG secrecy?

Yes everyone is entitled to have a view and to express their own view freely. They don't need to support any particular club.

You didn't read the article you have posted above, yet you think some may "choke on it".  How can you conclude that if you have no idea what the article actually said?

Think it's becoming difficult and possibly unfair to try and attempt to finish the season , the training and trying to get 50% of games played would be a mad rush, especially when there are no promotions or relegations on the table. Get everyone 2 jabbed, see the numbers come down, and push on for next season.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Think it's becoming difficult and possibly unfair to try and attempt to finish the season , the training and trying to get 50% of games played would be a mad rush, especially when there are no promotions or relegations on the table. Get everyone 2 jabbed, see the numbers come down, and push on for next season.

Agreed, time to just forget about this season. Next season should be much better.

On 08/03/2021 at 12:24, Burnieman said:

You didn't read the article you have posted above, yet you think some may "choke on it".  How can you conclude that if you have no idea what the article actually said?

He has prior form for that. 

A galoot.