Cancel the season?

Imagine suggesting that it's daft to think that there is a chance of contracting the virus from an opponent on a pitch. That's not only a lack of understanding of how a virus works, it's sheer twistedness in order to maintain an opinion that the season should be finished.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Imagine suggesting that it's daft to think that there is a chance of contracting the virus from an opponent on a pitch. That's not only a lack of understanding of how a virus works, it's sheer twistedness in order to maintain an opinion that the season should be finished.

I don’t think anyone suggested it was “daft” did they? The suggestion was that it was guesswork. At the start of this, the guidance from Government was that it would take 15 mins of sustained contact to transmit it, this was followed up by Prof Leitch saying that football had a low risk of on field transmission.

I don’t know, maybe it’s them who are twisted.

I have been keeping an eye on this for months but have not commented .

But has anyone thought about what the players want? Iam a player in the wosfl and I can honestly say I am (as are many other players ) fed up with this are we aren't we. We tried, season was going but now it's stopped. Personally think the seaosn should be cancelled (especially at conference level where nothing to play for). I don't think it should be cancelled just for the not being able to finish the league side of things but it's been a crap year / 18 months for everyone - if / when things get back to normal us players will want some normality to. Visit loved ones, maybe go on a wee break away and start to get back other things in our life that means so much. Add to the mixer the fact many players will be furloughed and /or have lost their job. Some may have picked up new jobs, others may have not been so fortunate whereas others may be coming back off furlough and having to make up for lost time - is leaving work early for a midweek game twice a week something that players will really be in a position to do?? If it were a normal season there would be no issue but with current situation and so much work lost and ground having to be made up this may not be made possible.

As I previously stated I play in the wosfl and I miss the football a lot but if they try pack a season into a few weeks it will become more of a hinderance - why not let players enjoy some restriction free weekends with family and friends before we get back go things for a new season in July. Just an idea - it's only a hobby and more to life.

Stay safe 

1 hour ago, CentralFan said:

But has anyone thought about what the players want? Iam a player in the wosfl and I can honestly say I am (as are many other players ) fed up with this are we aren't we. We tried, season was going but now it's stopped. Personally think the seaosn should be cancelled (especially at conference level where nothing to play for). I don't think it should be cancelled just for the not being able to finish the league side of things but it's been a crap year / 18 months for everyone - if / when things get back to normal us players will want some normality to. Visit loved ones, maybe go on a wee break away and start to get back other things in our life that means so much. Add to the mixer the fact many players will be furloughed and /or have lost their job. Some may have picked up new jobs, others may have not been so fortunate whereas others may be coming back off furlough and having to make up for lost time - is leaving work early for a midweek game twice a week something that players will really be in a position to do?? If it were a normal season there would be no issue but with current situation and so much work lost and ground having to be made up this may not be made possible.

As I previously stated I play in the wosfl and I miss the football a lot but if they try pack a season into a few weeks it will become more of a hinderance - why not let players enjoy some restriction free weekends with family and friends before we get back go things for a new season in July. Just an idea - it's only a hobby and more to life.

Stay safe 

Correct players views and choices should be taken into consideration but as far as I'm led to believe the teams who all continued playing asked their players if they wanted to continue or not. Obviously the same can be said of the team who withdrew.  I'm sure during those conversations all players were told that once the season starts they cannot stop until the governing bodies form above say they can stop due to any reason for example escalation in the covid thus we are in lockdown now.  If you were not asked your views form your team then this saddens me as when asked you should be told about the implications or possible implications, like, no wages, if our team withdraws mid-season then said team could face penalties for the following season .   

In regards to now with the current lockdown, the players should be kept in the loop but to be honest of the season started back which I expect clubs will be allowed very late march or April then there's not much chance of finishing the season.   In reality covid tests would be great for all teams but don't think the SFA have the finances to pay for this and with clubs receiving no fans gate money or little sponsorship then i find it hard for the teams to pay for it.

I hope your fears have been put to your team and management committee

Be safe and wish you all the best

21 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Correct players views and choices should be taken into consideration but as far as I'm led to believe the teams who all continued playing asked their players if they wanted to continue or not. Obviously the same can be said of the team who withdrew.  I'm sure during those conversations all players were told that once the season starts they cannot stop until the governing bodies form above say they can stop due to any reason for example escalation in the covid thus we are in lockdown now.  If you were not asked your views form your team then this saddens me as when asked you should be told about the implications or possible implications, like, no wages, if our team withdraws mid-season then said team could face penalties for the following season .   

In regards to now with the current lockdown, the players should be kept in the loop but to be honest of the season started back which I expect clubs will be allowed very late march or April then there's not much chance of finishing the season.   In reality covid tests would be great for all teams but don't think the SFA have the finances to pay for this and with clubs receiving no fans gate money or little sponsorship then i find it hard for the teams to pay for it.

I hope your fears have been put to your team and management committee

Be safe and wish you all the best

Covid tests are now for free in England for all businesses.  No costs to the businesses. Why not extend that to sport so people can get back to some normality. Everyone over 17 will be getting vaccinated anyway by about September so it wouldn't cost that much for the Lateral Flow Tests which are being used down south.

2 hours ago, Dev said:

Covid tests are now for free in England for all businesses.  No costs to the businesses. Why not extend that to sport so people can get back to some normality. Everyone over 17 will be getting vaccinated anyway by about September so it wouldn't cost that much for the Lateral Flow Tests which are being used down south.

So just completely ignoring the post from a player then?

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So just completely ignoring the post from a player then?

Correct

BUT Clydebank see this as their big chance to get playoff spot.

They know when league is at full compliment next season their chances diminish exponentially 

Nothing like looking after number 1 

9 hours ago, CentralFan said:

Stay safe 

Cannot fault a word. But there is a strong statement from Jamie McKim, the Johnstone Burgh manager that highlights another important concern:

“For the players’ mental and physical health, they need to get back playing as soon as possible.”

https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/19131636.jamie-mckim-dont-leave-us-limbo-longer/

We need to get out of the dreadful situation we are in as quickly as possible.

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You know exactly he isn't ignoring the post from the player as he already knew I covered the posters views.
Dev was positing something that we didn't know about, well some of us didn't know about

Haha. You are one conceited fella making it about you again.

Correct
BUT Clydebank see this as their big chance to get playoff spot.
They know when league is at full compliment next season their chances diminish exponentially 
Nothing like looking after number 1 

What has the post got to do with us? If it happens, it happens and if not then on we go. Plenty clubs were happy to play, until that becomes impossible then it’s only right we should be holding off.

18 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Haha. You are one conceited fella making it about you again.

Told you, every time you go there, you know what happens, you don't come out of this too well.

if your going to make a comment, try and put in something positive, or if its negative, give the reasons why and think of something constructive to find positives. its quite easy for people to look back at your previous posts and think, wtf does he ever put in anything that interest people with a constructive comment.

The player made a post which was very relevant, I replied, i believe with constructive reply and then Dev put in a comment about stuff that England are doing, and his reply was to my post, so how the hell is Dev ignoring the guys post, honestly

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Told you, every time you go there, you know what happens, you don't come out of this too well.

if your going to make a comment, try and put in something positive, or if its negative, give the reasons why and think of something constructive to find positives. its quite easy for people to look back at your previous posts and think, wtf does he ever put in anything that interest people with a constructive comment.

The player made a post which was very relevant, I replied, i believe with constructive reply and then Dev put in a comment about stuff that England are doing, and his reply was to my post, so how the hell is Dev ignoring the guys post, honestly

That's a nice wee story. If you're looking back at posts, check out how many times you use the pronoun"I" in yours.

Also, what does happen?

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

That's a nice wee story. If you're looking back at posts, check out how many times you use the pronoun"I" in yours.

Also, what does happen?

As i Said, if you continue, it never ends well for you.
As i don't troll or pick on anyone, even you but in past have replied to your comments directed towards me. If people keep picking on people  for the sake of it then i will make a comment about it, breaking down the facts and the facts are.

The face remains, A player made a post, a very good one at that
I replied, i believe constructively and

then Dev made a comment about MY post

and you

quoted Dev's post to me and said ""So just completely ignoring the post from a player then?"
When factually true, he didn't ignore the players post.

if you would like me to break it down in more detail I can, it jut doesn't make you look good

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

As i Said, if you continue, it never ends well for you.
As i don't troll or pick on anyone, even you but in past have replied to your comments directed towards me. If people keep picking on people  for the sake of it then i will make a comment about it, breaking down the facts and the facts are.

The face remains, A player made a post, a very good one at that
I replied, i believe constructively and

then Dev made a comment about MY post

and you

quoted Dev's post to me and said ""So just completely ignoring the post from a player then?"
When factually true, he didn't ignore the players post.

if you would like me to break it down in more detail I can, it jut doesn't make you look good

What are you on about? 

For the sake of clarity, you're not being trolled or picked on. If Dev is unhappy with the comment he can say so without you being swooping in to sort it out. It's not all about you.

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What are you on about? 

For the sake of clarity, you're not being trolled or picked on. If Dev is unhappy with the comment he can say so without you being swooping in to sort it out. It's not all about you.

My best advice for you. See people you do not like on here, before you reply, take a deep breath and think and then do your thing, you will like yourself for it, trust me.

I will genuinely wait for your first constructive comment from now regarding WOSFL on P&B

12 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

My best advice for you. See people you do not like on here, before you reply, take a deep breath and think and then do your thing, you will like yourself for it, trust me.

I will genuinely wait for your first constructive comment from now regarding WOSFL on P&B

See?