Cancel the season?

16 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Being locked up like animals while many like myself have to go to work then when we arent working go back to our cage is no life. 

Personally football is an escape for most. I know most people dont want to see it but the professionals eat together train in gyms together. Lower leagues are more couple of hrs training outside plus a game. 

I dont know about you but I know there is plenty of others who need an escape from this and football does that.

I'm not locked up like an animal, neither are you.   Maybe you need to face upto the realities of a pandemic, being told to stay at home whilst they deal with it is hardly the biggest of asks to save lives.  People losing jobs and businesses - and their lives - may have more of a gripe than people who want to watch tier 6/7 football.

Edited by Burnieman

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I'm not locked up like an animal, neither are you.   Maybe you need to face upto the realities of a pandemic, being told to stay at home whilst they deal with it is hardly the biggest of asks to save lives.  People losing jobs and businesses - and their lives - may have more of a gripe than people who want to watch tier 6/7 football.

I risk my life everyday. 1 positive case out of 6 stores in the forth valley and that person caught it visiting a dieing relative. Time to start moving towards living with the virus. Football outside imo and many other activities could be done. 

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I risk my life everyday. 1 positive case out of 6 stores in the forth valley and that person caught it visiting a dieing relative. Time to start moving towards living with the virus. Football outside imo and many other activities could be done. 

I'm wanting football back as much as any football fan but I also see the bigger picture, and whilst I think it could be done safely the people that make these decisions don't agree, I'm not losing my head over it.  My club went through a Covid situation prior to the suspension with potential on-pitch transmission and players losing income, I'm not in a rush to see players back in that situation again.

11 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I'm wanting football back as much as any football fan but I also see the bigger picture, and whilst I think it could be done safely the people that make these decisions don't agree, I'm not losing my head over it.  My club went through a Covid situation prior to the suspension with potential on-pitch transmission and players losing income, I'm not in a rush to see players back in that situation again.

I'm talking about more than just football. Come may they may regret it. 

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

ding ding, round 258 of the same circular debate.

Not surprising is it? Until there's some straight answers to straight questions this will, rightly, be a cause for concern. It won't just vanish because it may be inconvenient for some.

SG acts as though it is not answerable or responsible for its' series of unsupported, by facts, actions. We won't go into other matters which are currently, seemingly, hitting the fan and dragging the pro independence Greens into the mire.

6 hours ago, Dev said:

Not surprising is it? Until there's some straight answers to straight questions this will, rightly, be a cause for concern. It won't just vanish because it may be inconvenient for some.

SG acts as though it is not answerable or responsible for its' series of unsupported, by facts, actions. We won't go into other matters which are currently, seemingly, hitting the fan and dragging the pro independence Greens into the mire.

you've had straight, fact based  answers aplenty in this thread  but didn't like what you were being told so chose to disregard it.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

you've had straight, fact based  answers aplenty in this thread  but didn't like what you were being told so chose to disregard it.

There is no facts yet to support outside sport being a major factor and spreading it. Being out in the fresh air reduces the chances which is the reason why the advice is to open ur windows to blow particles out.

I get people are scared the media blow it up to get ppl scared. If u actually watched stv news last night it's the negative its fear. At 630 itv news its positive hope. That's the difference 

33 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

There is no facts yet to support outside sport being a major factor and spreading it. Being out in the fresh air reduces the chances which is the reason why the advice is to open ur windows to blow particles out.

I get people are scared the media blow it up to get ppl scared. If u actually watched stv news last night it's the negative its fear. At 630 itv news its positive hope. That's the difference 

The media is nothing to do with it. Football below top league level should not be played when schools are shut and you can't visit your family. No-one should need media reports to confirm that so there's no need for your patronising POV.

Now that the situation is easing for more basic areas of life then, agreed, there is a case to review football.

26 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The media is nothing to do with it. Football below top league level should not be played when schools are shut and you can't visit your family. No-one should need media reports to confirm that so there's no need for your patronising POV.

Now that the situation is easing for more basic areas of life then, agreed, there is a case to review football.

The media is everything to do with the feeling in the country. As I said u saw it with stv news compared to itv news last night

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

as I said this has been done to death on this thread and my perception of the pandemic has nothing to do with media scaremongering (or melodrama, Mr "locked up like an animal") 

Covid's arse will be kicked in a couple of months with the vaccine and things will make a permanent return to normality.

Fitba and whatever else floats your boat will be back on the menu soon. 

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

as I said this has been done to death on this thread and my perception of the pandemic has nothing to do with media scaremongering (or melodrama, Mr "locked up like an animal") 

Covid's arse will be kicked in a couple of months with the vaccine and things will make a permanent return to normality.

Love the optimism but that is entirely dependent on vaccines being effective against new variants. That is a complete unknown. It is not beyond possibility we will be back in a similar situation in the autumn if a variant spreads and cannot be controlled by vaccine. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

20 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Everyone thought that last year. I'm not sure it will in scotland

30 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Love the optimism but that is entirely dependent on vaccines being effective against new variants....

The vaccines being rolled out have been actively tested in the UK, Brazil and South Africa where variants are dominant. Evidence is already readily available that confirms that the vaccines are still effective where severe infection are concerned. The number of hospitalisations would not be dropping like a stone in places like the UK and Israel otherwise. The significant differences observed on efficacy so far have primarily been on mild and asymptomatic infections.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

36 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The vaccines being rolled out have been actively tested in the UK, Brazil and South Africa where variants are dominant. Evidence is already readily available that confirms that the vaccines are still effective where severe infection are concerned. The number of hospitalisations would not be dropping like a stone in places like the UK and Israel otherwise. The significant differences observed on efficacy so far have primarily been on mild and asymptomatic infections.

Hope your right and we can all get back to the fitba safely for the beginning of next season

My worry is how long does the jab provide protection???

If it’s like flu jab we’ll need to to start to vaccinate people at the beginning of 2022 ……… again a logistical and expensive exercise 

10 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Hope your right and we can all get back to the fitba safely for the beginning of next season

If it’s like flu jab we’ll need to to start to vaccinate people at the beginning of 2022 ……… again a logistical and expensive exercise 

Going by everything I have read, it will be annual / biennial with boosters etc.

42 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

My worry is how long does the jab provide protection??? ...

The only way we'll know for sure is by watching what happens with people that have been vaccinated. COVID-19 does not mutate as rapidly as flu does so although there will be variants it should be the easier of the two to handle with vaccines down the road. By all accounts the pandemic has helped new vaccine technology obtain emergency approvals and be proven in practice thereafter. That should help improve modern medicine considerably in the years ahead. 

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

A lot cheaper than furlough

7 hours ago, Shanner said:

Such as?

Edited by Dev