Cancel the season?

I get the impression they want conclusion on this season at any cost. And by any cost I mean a disrupted season 2021-22 as well.

Rather than write this season off and start afresh with the 2021-22 season with all cups. They now know there will be no fans allowed in the 2020-21 season whereas at the start of it they hoped there might be a chance. How many clubs would have voted to start knowing no fans would see the games? That's who the games are for.

5 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I get the impression they want conclusion on this season at any cost. And by any cost I mean a disrupted season 2021-22 as well.

I certainly don't think that's true. The IMG seem to have taken a very pragmatic approach this season to try and get a season completed for those that have wanted to play. However convoluted that appeared at times.

When things paused on Boxing Day they seem to have just taken things as they come working out solutions as the window crept smaller. Kennie Young was on the Down the Divisions podcast the other week saying at a minimum they needed 10 match days to wrap things up, giving 6 weeks as the possible window for those games to be played.

Call that 8-9 weeks with a return to training. If it ends up being the end of April before any return can happen, even the minimum would push into the end of June. That'd require an extension to the season, the sense of which I got would only happen if the clubs wanted it rather than the IMG forcing it on anyone. Especially since the IMG won't be around from March.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

Rather than write this season off and start afresh with the 2021-22 season with all cups. They now know there will be no fans allowed in the 2020-21 season whereas at the start of it they hoped there might be a chance. How many clubs would have voted to start knowing no fans would see the games? That's who the games are for.

Said before and say again, after speaking to many people on committee and first team managers and coaches. The ones that withdrew are glad they withdrew and the ones who played on are glad they played on.  Only team who have been pumped the whole season didn't enjoy it.  It was worthwhile for all withdrawn teams and team who continued to play on

36 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I certainly don't think that's true. The IMG seem to have taken a very pragmatic approach this season to try and get a season completed for those that have wanted to play. However convoluted that appeared at times.

When things paused on Boxing Day they seem to have just taken things as they come working out solutions as the window crept smaller. Kennie Young was on the Down the Divisions podcast the other week saying at a minimum they needed 10 match days to wrap things up, giving 6 weeks as the possible window for those games to be played.

Call that 8-9 weeks with a return to training. If it ends up being the end of April before any return can happen, even the minimum would push into the end of June. That'd require an extension to the season, the sense of which I got would only happen if the clubs wanted it rather than the IMG forcing it on anyone. Especially since the IMG won't be around from March.

There's only one reason why the season would go into June, was to enter the playoffs and I don't think the playoff will be allowed to be put back.

It's definitely no big deal if the season isn't finished as there is nothing to play for except the winners of the WOSFL premier division

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

There's only one reason why the season would go into June, was to enter the playoffs and I don't think the playoff will be allowed to be put back.

The league had to be wrapped up for the 22nd May to allow for the LL Playoff. Any extension would have to be co-ordinated with the various leagues so was never a certainty. Talking about extending past that was more for the clubs that started what the finished and only if they wanted to do so.

Based on the fact that the IMG were so adamant to keep playing in spite of the ever tightening restrictions and how Clydebank, Darvel and Kilwinning want to grasp the opportunity to gain promotion, it seems doubtful that anything will be called soon. They'll all hang on to the bitter end.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56224104

Scottish football: Prof Leitch 'hopeful' of return-to-play update coming soon

Last updated on27 February 202127 February 2021.From the sectionScottish

Falkirk stadium Falkirk are currently top of Scottish League One

Scotland's national clinical director Professor Jason Leitch is "hopeful" Scottish football's lower leagues and the women's game will be told next week when they can return.

All play below Championship level, including Scottish Cup ties, has been suspended since 12 January.

However, the situation is due to be reassessed on Monday.

"I'm hopeful we can do it with mitigation and safety in place," Prof Leitch told BBC Scotland.

"I'm pretty confident that next week there will be news that will indicate where we're headed for the next phases and I'm hoping that will be joint government and league news, because we're trying to do it together."

Speaking to BBC Radio Scotland's Off The Ball, he added: "It's complicated because at one side there is the list of reasons why we should [allow the competitions to restart] and at the other end there are 800 positive tests a day, quite a lot of travel, these teams are not full-time so they're not as protected as the full-time teams. It's not straightforward."

Challenges remain for the competitions, though, with a mix of full-time and part-time clubs in SPFL Leagues One and Two, and the Scottish Women's Premier League.

Some League One and League Two clubs still have 19 fixtures of their 27-game campaign to complete, and would face the prospect of playing every Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday for a spell to catch up.

Both these leagues are due to complete their campaigns on 1 May, with play-offs scheduled to take place after that to determine promotion and relegation.

In the women's game, some full-time clubs are keen to resume training, even if the restart of the league campaign remains undecided, while the Scottish Cup is in limbo until decisions are made about the resumption of training and playing for lower-league clubs.

Any proposal to reduce the number of fixtures in League One and League Two would require at least eight teams from each league to vote in favour. A similar majority would be required to agree to null and void the lower leagues.