Cancel the season?

The old saying that comes to mind is ‘you can only play what’s in front of you’. What does it matter who is in the league and who is not. I’m pretty sure the Junior cup winners would have celebrated the win just as much as normal even though it was shorn of the Lothian/Fife teams. In years to come no one will remember who wasn’t in the league just who won it.

14 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Indeed ... wouldn't bother me in the slightest that it was "tainted" 😄

You're fooling nobody. In ten years time when you're playing up at Elgin on a wet Tuesday night, you'll be thinking - you know what, that WoSFL title really was tainted. It will haunt you. You won't be able to enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

You're fooling nobody. In ten years time when you're playing up at Elgin on a wet Tuesday night, you'll be thinking - you know what, that WoSFL title really was tainted. It will haunt you. You won't be able to enjoy the game.

you're deliciously raging about this. deep breaths.

3 minutes ago, Shanner said:

you're deliciously raging about this. deep breaths.

What? Are you deliberately being dumb? If Largs Thistle don't win the League, I hope that Clydebank do, that they have a licence, that they win the play-off and that in ten years time they ARE up in Elgin on that wet Tuesday night. Surely you realised I was being sarcastic with that earlier post? Or are YOU being sarcastic and I'm missing it.

2 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

No way am I doing that trip. Forfar on an icy Tues in a minibus with nae seats left ... in my twenties ... was bad enough :)

8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

If it comes to that you'd better have a better lawyer than the other mob.

What other mob? If they decide to call it early on a points per game basis, we will go down as the winners.

15 minutes ago, Ross. said:

What other mob? If they decide to call it early on a points per game basis, we will go down as the winners.

Got to get to 50% of games played apparently for it to be called on PPG. The most any Premier team has to play to get there is 8 games. There's certainly time to get it done if the opportunity arises.

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Got to get to 50% of games played apparently for it to be called on PPG. The most any Premier team has to play to get there is 8 games. There's certainly time to get it done if the opportunity arises.

Is it 50% or do they have to have played everyone once? If it's the latter, is that how the fixtures have gone so far?

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I expect they will pause for a while longer then try and get everyone to the halfway mark before calling it. I expected it would pan out something like the way it has so far also. 

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Is it 50% or do they have to have played everyone once? If it's the latter, is that how the fixtures have gone so far?

I've only heard 50% not everyone once. Probably more in mind of a stoppage like last year when there was no chance of a restart.

For the WoS Premier side of things, only Rutherglen & Troon have played each other twice so far. While Troon are in the title race, they still have to play Clydebank, Kilwinning, Irvine Meadow so the extra game wouldn't likely impact the title.