Cancel the season?

7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

yeah rolling 3 week review - think L1 and L2 might finish, perhaps even Highland and Lowland at a push but cannot see below.

It's possible the players may ultimately take the decision out of the hands of the HFL board. A large number don't want to continue.

Nicola Sturgeon was asked directly in the briefing about Dalbeattie Star's part-timers playing on reluctantly last week. I wonder if she was aware how far Jason Leitch and Co had agreed to the 'professional' definition being applied down the pyramid. Leitch was as he outlined it in the same briefing, but can imagine she might have not been aware it went so low down. Her view is just one of many I am sure but can't imagine that would have thrilled her, had she known.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Nicola Sturgeon was asked directly in the briefing about Dalbeattie Star's part-timers playing on reluctantly last week. I wonder if she was aware how far Jason Leitch and Co had agreed to the 'professional' definition being applied down the pyramid. Leitch was as he outlined it in the same briefing, but can imagine she might have not been aware it went so low down. Her view is just one of many I am sure but can't imagine that would have thrilled her, had she known.

I find that incredibly hard to believe after this length of time that it wouldnt have been pointed out or picked up on.

Had the payments been made when Dalbeattie unleashed the questioning on professional status?

You think the government would starve the population to control Covid? Because I think that might be counter-productive.
FWIW, those immature eejits on your bus are why the UK has one of the worst records in the world on Covid. We're a nation of spoilt children. 

I’m not asking for them to starve anyone, I just want to see a little more enforcement on those doing as they please 7 days a week.

I see the shopworkers union speaking out following the Greenock deaths - about time too. Not football related but I did the conversation in that direction last night so feel it’s worthy of acknowledgement.

4 hours ago, not man of the match said:

I’m not asking for them to starve anyone, I just want to see a little more enforcement on those doing as they please 7 days a week.

I see the shopworkers union speaking out following the Greenock deaths - about time too. Not football related but I did the conversation in that direction last night so feel it’s worthy of acknowledgement.

I agree with you, but you saw what happened when they closed off the household section in supermarkets in Wales. People went mental and the media were very critical.

I don't understand the rush to write off the season. It's like when someone goes one up in the 85th minute, commentators love to claim it's a winner. It's only the second week in January, if rates come down like they did in the Spring then we'll be in a position to play football again by March. None of us have a crystal ball and there's nothing to gain from cancelling the season, so let's see how things go.

22 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I don't understand the rush to write off the season. It's like when someone goes one up in the 85th minute, commentators love to claim it's a winner. It's only the second week in January, if rates come down like they did in the Spring then we'll be in a position to play football again by March. None of us have a crystal ball and there's nothing to gain from cancelling the season, so let's see how things go.

The season doesn’t need to be cancelled, it can be extended because by the look of things these tiers below the premier and  championship are running at the same pace so they can be played into the summer surely?

32 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It will get to the end of January - then they'll likely extend it to the end of February. Then the players will need another three weeks training. Running out of weeks to finish the season off.

Or would it be simpler to write this season off and start again with all the clubs back? Back at the start of the season the decision was made with the hope of fans being allowed back in after a few weeks. There is absolutely no chance of that happening this season.

4 hours ago, not man of the match said:

At least Morrisons have seen the light and are now banning anyone from entering their shops who refuse to wear face masks, hopefully the rest of the big supermarkets follow suit.

All we need now is to sort out McDonalds KFC and Starbucks drive throughs in the retail parks. The ones near me are like Hampden streets when Scotland are at home.

4 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Chris Strain and Craig McEwan will be in some mood now ffs

Basically walked away from a club after years of building them up to be a smashing team to then leave and get 8 friendlies in at St Cadocs before the season has now ended. You wonder if there’s any regrets there