Cancel the season?

I take your point but people are breaking the rules unless they are going for essential purposes. Now it raises another point about what is essential but that’s probably not for here.

The rules are pretty clear, only leave the house for essential purposes such as work (that cannot be done for home) essential shopping and once a day for exercise (and to do that by staying local). Supermarkets are a bigger issue but you can’t shut them but you can shut down other non essential services.

The decision that needs to be made (and I wonder how much the JRG have made this clear to the Scottish government) is that should football at this level should continue when players are not (I would think) in the main getting paid. It seems that it has and it continues at that point it’s up to the leagues to decide wether to continue or not. The think I cannot get my head around is why let clubs continue but not their development squads!!

The interesting thing I picked up at the weekend is that it seems quite a few clubs could have been breaking the rules with committees in attendance as it was pointed out the Jason Leitch that clubs should only be travelling with the minimal amount people. Where does that leave clubs going forward? How many should be going? Should clubs be taking media staff to film games? And who is policing this?

Can anyone tell me when the last time the JRG issues updated guidance to clubs based upon the recent increase in the new strain of the virus?

Some well made points. In terms of media I’m sure I read that was allowed as it can be used by clubs for disciplinary matters.

The leaving house for work is another strange one as it makes mention of working from home if you can do so. How many of us can do our job from home? Football will be a second job for many, but the whole working from needs more guidance in my opinion. I think testing of footballers is an irrelevant argument, very few other industries are testing their staff. I share my bus with more people and nobody really cares about me or if I’m testing - which I’m not - but they’ll happily get on the bus if they can.

I am still of the opinion that if the experts felt that playing football was a cause for concern then the the plug will be pulled on it right away.

You can leave the house for exercise as many times as you want.

I take your point but people are breaking the rules unless they are going for essential purposes. Now it raises another point about what is essential but that’s probably not for here.

The rules are pretty clear, only leave the house for essential purposes such as work (that cannot be done for home) essential shopping and once a day for exercise (and to do that by staying local). Supermarkets are a bigger issue but you can’t shut them but you can shut down other non essential services.

The decision that needs to be made (and I wonder how much the JRG have made this clear to the Scottish government) is that should football at this level should continue when players are not (I would think) in the main getting paid. It seems that it has and it continues at that point it’s up to the leagues to decide wether to continue or not. The think I cannot get my head around is why let clubs continue but not their development squads!!

The interesting thing I picked up at the weekend is that it seems quite a few clubs could have been breaking the rules with committees in attendance as it was pointed out the Jason Leitch that clubs should only be travelling with the minimal amount people. Where does that leave clubs going forward? How many should be going? Should clubs be taking media staff to film games? And who is policing this?

Can anyone tell me when the last time the JRG issues updated guidance to clubs based upon the recent increase in the new strain of the virus?

Some well made points. In terms of media I’m sure I read that was allowed as it can be used by clubs for disciplinary matters.

The leaving house for work is another strange one as it makes mention of working from home if you can do so. How many of us can do our job from home? Football will be a second job for many, but the whole working from needs more guidance in my opinion. I think testing of footballers is an irrelevant argument, very few other industries are testing their staff. I share my bus with more people and nobody really cares about me or if I’m testing - which I’m not - but they’ll happily get on the bus if they can.

I am still of the opinion that if the experts felt that playing football was a cause for concern then the the plug will be pulled on it right away.

Completely agree that testing is an irrelevant argument. Personally don’t know why the SPFL are testing when other buisness are not but obviously there must be some science behind it. I agree on the further guidance for work (I can and have worked from home for almost a 11 months now) but I do wonder if the government think that players are being paid and that is why they are letting it go as they don’t want to disrupt the finances for players but maybe I am reading into it too much.

Personally I don’t think the game should continue at this level as I think we should be cutting as many reasons for people to leave the house as much as possible but that is my opinion. It has nothing to do with my club not playing or not as I agreed with my club sitting out but have always respected the decisions of the other clubs to play on. I always hoped we would get fans back but the longer this drags on with further warnings for the next few months of lockdowns then I just don’t see it happening. My other worry going forward is the mention by some of the CMO’s about further restrictions next winter and clubs and the league maybe need to start thinking about that too!!

The virus spreads by human contact. We need to reduce human contact. That doesn't mean hide in the house, cowering behind curtains. But it does mean questioning non-essential human interaction and limiting it. I won't get covid if we welcome a 3rd person into the garden - but the law says I cannot do this to reduce human interaction.

If all football below level 4 survives the week I'll be astonished. Highland and South are already due to discuss the future weeks and months.

Edited by cmontheloknow

28 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The virus spreads by human contact. We need to reduce human contact. That doesn't mean hide in the house, cowering behind curtains. But it does mean questioning non-essential human interaction and limiting it. I won't get covid if we welcome a 3rd person into the garden - but the law says I cannot do this to reduce human interaction.

If all football below level 4 survives the week I'll be astonished. Highland and South are already due to discuss the future weeks and months.

But, but, but the experts?!?

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Pity, I had a feint hope of getting to a game or two if they extended the season.

If the Northern Prem, Southern and Isthmian Leagues all pack in and void the season, I think the Step 5/6 Leagues will pack in too. They've been asked by the FA to decide what they want to do, just like the Step 3/4 Leagues.

http://www.northernfootballleague.org/news/fa-survey-for-2020-21-season/

16 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Not everybody that goes to Asda is doing essential shopping, that’s the point ya roaster.

It doesn’t stop people going in when they know there is no staff testing or testing of any other customers.

Remember all the wee diagrams back in March of supermarkets being among the worst breeding places.

Does that bother folk?

No, it doesn’t.

It does bother most folk, yes. 70% of the population are following the rules carefully, but it's very hard to police the others. Despite all the hysterical shite from pant-wetting halfwits, we don't live in a police state and precisely nobody wants the police to go looking through folk's shopping to see if they've bought non-essentials. 

16 hours ago, not man of the match said:

No, I sit on my bus and drive folk about who are making needless journeys day after day to buy utter shite while they moan about others. Hundreds of them, every day. Sitting beside each other, dropping their face coverings to converse, not really a care in the world.

Supermarkets are a bigger issue than football parks just now. The experts are happy for them both to continue at this point. If they weren’t then they’d pull them both.

You think the government would starve the population to control Covid? Because I think that might be counter-productive.

FWIW, those immature eejits on your bus are why the UK has one of the worst records in the world on Covid. We're a nation of spoilt children. 

Hearing football at all levels from Chamionship down will be postponed from today 

SPFL Premier League will be only permitted football for next 4 weeks 
The Championship can continue, but only if they have a testing system similar to the Premiership in place. Would imagine the costs involved would be too much for some clubs.

Scottish Cup also suspended.

34 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The Championship can continue, but only if they have a testing system similar to the Premiership in place. Would imagine the costs involved would be too much for some clubs.

Scottish Cup also suspended.

Champ clubs given £500k each, so they can afford testing to continue.