Cancel the season?

2 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Asda is an essential service. Non-league football isn't.

Mate, you're wasting your time. Theirs is an example of the attitude that has the UK in the sh**show that it is currently experiencing. 

Yesterday's Daily Record article, quoted in this thread by the biggest exponent of this baloney, shows that it's pointless reasoning about this. They want to play fitba and that's it.

*Hands over ears, eyes shut and singing BLA BLA BLA BLA!!* - That's them!

In the spurs game just there the commentators mentioned it was their opponents marine,s last game as their league had been suspended till the end of march with the league being declared null and void. This was a decision made by the league itself not enforced by the government.

It's just a matter of time till ours is cancelled also. It was a crazy idea to go ahead with it in the first place.

Edited by geeman82
Spelling mistake

Asda is an essential service. Non-league football isn't.

Not everybody that goes to Asda is doing essential shopping, that’s the point ya roaster.

It doesn’t stop people going in when they know there is no staff testing or testing of any other customers.

Remember all the wee diagrams back in March of supermarkets being among the worst breeding places.

Does that bother folk?

No, it doesn’t.

1 minute ago, not man of the match said:

Not everybody that goes to Asda is doing essential shopping, that’s the point ya roaster.

It doesn’t stop people going in when they know there is no staff testing or testing of any other customers.

Remember all the wee diagrams back in March of supermarkets being among the worst breeding places.

Does that bother folk?

No, it doesn’t.

Do you go to Asda to browse?

Do you go to Asda to browse?

No, I sit on my bus and drive folk about who are making needless journeys day after day to buy utter shite while they moan about others. Hundreds of them, every day. Sitting beside each other, dropping their face coverings to converse, not really a care in the world.

Supermarkets are a bigger issue than football parks just now. The experts are happy for them both to continue at this point. If they weren’t then they’d pull them both.

39 minutes ago, geeman82 said:

In the spurs game just there the commentators mentioned it was their opponents marine,s last game as their league had been suspended till the end of march with the league being declared null and void. This was a decision made by the league itself not enforced by the government.

It's just a matter of time till ours is cancelled also. It was a crazy idea to go ahead with it in the first place.

Surely it can't be suspended until March and also declared null and void?

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's on their website, suspended waiting for ratification of the proposal to null and void it by the FA.

Yes, just read the post as meaning it was both suspended and null and void at the same time. Seems like it is currently suspended and will become null and void soon.

8 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

No, I sit on my bus and drive folk about who are making needless journeys day after day to buy utter shite while they moan about others. Hundreds of them, every day. Sitting beside each other, dropping their face coverings to converse, not really a care in the world.

Supermarkets are a bigger issue than football parks just now. The experts are happy for them both to continue at this point. If they weren’t then they’d pull them both.

Agree with your first point although the bus drivers down my neck of the woods are just as culpable as their passengers.

Do the experts have any other choice than to keep supermarkets open or do we just starve to death. 

5 minutes ago, stanley said:

Surely it can't be suspended until March and also declared null and void?

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's on their website, suspended waiting for ratification of the proposal to null and void it by the FA.

All three of the Leagues at Step 3/4 (i.e. Tiers 7/8) have voted to suspend the season until March with a recommendation to null and void. The FA have suspended all football below the National Leagues (Step 1/2) until at least February. I'd imagine the Step 5/6 Leagues like the Northern League will follow too.

3 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

All three of the Leagues at Step 3/4 (i.e. Tiers 7/8) have voted to suspend the season until March with a recommendation to null and void. The FA have suspended all football below the National Leagues (Step 1/2) until at least February. I'd imagine the Step 5/6 Leagues like the Northern League will follow too.

Pity, I had a feint hope of getting to a game or two if they extended the season.

Agree with your first point although the bus drivers down my neck of the woods are just as culpable as their passengers.
Do the experts have any other choice than to keep supermarkets open or do we just starve to death. 

No, but they can ensure enforcement on those with no need who go shopping everyday.

There is a need for supermarkets, and transport - deemed as key workers by all accounts, yet no testing or monitoring of these folk and certainly not in my depot.

There is no need to visit the shops everyday.

I take your point but people are breaking the rules unless they are going for essential purposes. Now it raises another point about what is essential but that’s probably not for here.

The rules are pretty clear, only leave the house for essential purposes such as work (that cannot be done for home) essential shopping and once a day for exercise (and to do that by staying local). Supermarkets are a bigger issue but you can’t shut them but you can shut down other non essential services.

The decision that needs to be made (and I wonder how much the JRG have made this clear to the Scottish government) is that should football at this level should continue when players are not (I would think) in the main getting paid. It seems that it has and it continues at that point it’s up to the leagues to decide wether to continue or not. The think I cannot get my head around is why let clubs continue but not their development squads!!

The interesting thing I picked up at the weekend is that it seems quite a few clubs could have been breaking the rules with committees in attendance as it was pointed out the Jason Leitch that clubs should only be travelling with the minimal amount people. Where does that leave clubs going forward? How many should be going? Should clubs be taking media staff to film games? And who is policing this?

Can anyone tell me when the last time the JRG issues updated guidance to clubs based upon the recent increase in the new strain of the virus?