Cancel the season?

1 hour ago, Mkennedy said:

Looks like the decision has already been made. 

DF42227B-B40B-4FC3-B530-8474C32A6DEC.png

I heard a bit of Off the Ball today and Leitch batted it firmly in to football authorities court. He said travel was legal, but not advisable but the football should address these issues.

It's truly mind-boggling to recall that the SFA chose to scrap all football north of the border in March last year because the Arsenal manager got the virus - with no significant public health restrictions yet in place - yet is prepared to lollop along with this campaign at all levels in spite of a national health emergency and lockdown for the general public. At a time of year when half the games are getting cancelled because of the weather anyway.

The only rational explanation for this is that the organisation is under significant financial pressure. 

Edited by vikingTON

I will now go and leave you to discuss how expert you all are and how the real experts have it all wrong... Ps. Are any of your teams actually competing this year ?? If not why are you even bothered... and why have your club allowed players to go on loan elsewhere?? 
Enjoy the rest of  the season, as long as it continues. If/ when the real experts pull the plug then fair enough, while all you "self proclaimed experts" are asking for an end to the season... Forgive me for not listening. Unless any of you can pull a degree in Virology or Public Health out of your pocket....  

Have you or your family been affected by the virus?.
If you have,Im very surprised that you believe the game should go on.

1 hour ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

If youre not testing, you shouldnt be playing. 93 deaths yesterday, you cant visit loved ones, cant leave the house basically except for work, walk and messages yet guys are moving all over the country playing football. Seriously misjudged the feeling in the country just now

EXACTLY 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, jaggyness said:
On 07/01/2021 at 21:55, not man of the match said:

I’m potentially winning the lottery every Saturday, never happens though.

As far as I'm aware winning the lottery doesn't pose a threat to your life.

It would to mine. I would be out my nut on ching and hookers

Hats off to Mr McKenna and the clubs and players strong proper leadership giving those fans happy with games being played a little something to look forward to . 

Those who love to preach from the sidelines will have to suck it up and let those who are happy to enjoy the football to do so. 

4 minutes ago, gaswork said:

Hats off to Mr McKenna and the clubs and players strong proper leadership giving those fans happy with games being played a little something to look forward to . 

Those who love to preach from the sidelines will have to suck it up and let those who are happy to enjoy the football to do so. 

What is it your enjoying, the knowledge that football is being played?

I could understand, but disagree with, an argument being made about the sporting integrity of continuing. But where is the enjoyment?

Hmmmm don't get me wrong here has there not been any games for 2 weeks now that's good enjoyment for u to watch [emoji6]

Hard b*****d eh...... Covid widnae dare come near you !!!

7 hours ago, DanMan said:

I wont this year as he is in on Monday for a knee op.. but hey ho

I hope he gets his op, but we and many other hospitals have cancelled all planned surgery next week, so be prepared.

DF42227B-B40B-4FC3-B530-8474C32A6DEC.thumb.png.7c33e330bd0dee003d04385ff1b8b9be.png
Not sure wether ur comment is like decision made let's play or sarcastic to everyone in saying oooppppsss get it up you which coming from the rule breakers I wouldn't be surprised if it was sarcastic but hey we ain't surprised your happy but it's going to be a long time before you get fans in if you have any by the time you slaughter them but if promotion means so much rather than a pandemic good luck oh by the way has a professional team does the tax man know this thats the point

18 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
7 hours ago, Mkennedy said:
DF42227B-B40B-4FC3-B530-8474C32A6DEC.thumb.png.7c33e330bd0dee003d04385ff1b8b9be.png

Not sure wether ur comment is like decision made let's play or sarcastic to everyone in saying oooppppsss get it up you which coming from the rule breakers I wouldn't be surprised if it was sarcastic but hey we ain't surprised your happy but it's going to be a long time before you get fans in if you have any by the time you slaughter them but if promotion means so much rather than a pandemic good luck oh by the way has a professional team does the tax man know this thats the point

There nothing sarcastic about the post all.

I have never slaughtered our fans, all I have ever done is speak highly of them.

I don’t even know what the tax man point is meant to be. 

What a strange take on things. You're angry at so many things here, calm yersel down to a frenzy

10 hours ago, Mkennedy said:

DF42227B-B40B-4FC3-B530-8474C32A6DEC.png

Worth saying, the Scottish Government isn't advising people to play football. What he means is, we'll play on unless the government diverts time and resources from other things to make legislation forcing us to stop.

I think most people massively overestimate how much governments want to legislate the details of their lives. I can understand why. But they really don't want to and they only do it when they feel they have to. They'd always rather we just made the right decisions ourselves. They know it would be very unpopular with some people if they banned semi-pro football and they'll only do it if they feel they have to.

Nobody should take that as any indication that playing on through January is somehow approved.

Reason that some clubs started was because they thought fans would be able to return by the end of October. There is now no chance of them returning this season.
Regarding the “Professional “ status of these team … have you been on the moon for the last 20 years they never have been professional and never will be. 
As stated they are a part-time clubs with players from all walks of life plumbers,joiners,shop workers, bankers, police, firemen etc. run by local volunteers No one is making a living from playing at this level. I could go on but it would probably be to much for you to take in. 

They were happy to be professional to get going and happy to take the recent handout as a playing cup. Now they want to question things. It’s pathetic. They had the chances to sit out and walk away. The dodn’t take them and NOW they want to question it.

If youre not testing, you shouldnt be playing. 93 deaths yesterday, you cant visit loved ones, cant leave the house basically except for work, walk and messages yet guys are moving all over the country playing football. Seriously misjudged the feeling in the country just now

They ain’t testing folk that work in Asda either, but everyone is still happy to go shopping....