Cancel the season?

10 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Answer the questions.

Reason that some clubs started was because they thought fans would be able to return by the end of October. There is now no chance of them returning this season.

Regarding the “Professional “ status of these team … have you been on the moon for the last 20 years they never have been professional and never will be. 
As stated they are a part-time clubs with players from all walks of life plumbers,joiners,shop workers, bankers, police, firemen etc. run by local volunteers No one is making a living from playing at this level. I could go on but it would probably be to much for you to take in. 

Edited by Lobby Dossar

11 hours ago, Lynchmob11 said:

Well as big Marvin said you keep believing.
For your info I am not interested in the play offs but can make my my own mind up on the risks involved in playing on.

As you've  been told and had the figures illustrated  to you. It's not about the risk to you, it's about the risk you pose to others.

59 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

As you've  been told and had the figures illustrated  to you. It's not about the risk to you, it's about the risk you pose to others.

it's genuinely stunning that this point still has to be made to some people 10 months after this all kicked off. 

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

it's genuinely stunning that this point still has to be made to some people 10 months after this all kicked off. 

"Played last week, caught covid, I was fine. Killed ma Da'. Got the points though and went up to 5th. We go again next week".

The amount of people on here who are "Stop the Season" advocates, can I suggest you just stay off this forum and go do something else. Can I ask, do you also go on shopping forums asking why Supermarkets are allowed to stay open for non essential items? I would feel way safer at a game of football outside, than I would wandering round Asda, Tesco or the like, whilst people buy an esential plate, tumbler or pair of socks. If you are not happy that football is still on, just stay away and give everybody else peace and quiet. Unless you are Jason Leitch on here, I don't think anybody actually cares.  

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

The amount of people on here who are "Stop the Season" advocates, can I suggest you just stay off this forum and go do something else. Can I ask, do you also go on shopping forums asking why Supermarkets are allowed to stay open for non essential items? I would feel way safer at a game of football outside, than I would wandering round Asda, Tesco or the like, whilst people buy an esential plate, tumbler or pair of socks. If you are not happy that football is still on, just stay away and give everybody else peace and quiet. Unless you are Jason Leitch on here, I don't think anybody actually cares.  

I am sorry you feel that way. 

Chill Itsok GIF - Chill Itsok Gorilla GIFs

image.png

Edited by cmontheloknow

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

I am sorry you feel that way. 

image.png.79b41031be34a5c827c11e618738ec72.png

I am not upset, just fed up listening to the Jason Leitch wanabees. If you don't like the fact that football is still going on, go do something else to occupy your time. You are not going to change anything moaning on here. Go write to your MP. 

27 minutes ago, DanMan said:

I am not upset, just fed up listening to the Jason Leitch wanabees. If you don't like the fact that football is still going on, go do something else to occupy your time. You are not going to change anything moaning on here. Go write to your MP. 

Not sure you quite understand how discussion forums work pal.

2 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I do. This is a discussion about football... Not a Covid forum. If you don't like that football is still going on, stay away and go on a "Covid" board

51 minutes ago, DanMan said:

A key reason why the situation is so serious at this point is because a lot of people are thinking like you, basically assuming that they're ok and ignoring the rules/advice while potentially passing the virus on to very vulnerable people and increasing the pressure on the NHS. Part-time football players could catch the virus at a game, travel home from the game without knowing they have the virus and passing the virus on to loads of people in that way. Especially if they have a job in which they can't work from home. As already stated, what's legal might not neccesarily be the right thing to do. It's up to the leagues whether or not to suspend football based on the current health situation. Exactly that has already been done by the NCL, SJFA North & SJFA East. So it's a very valid discussion to have on here.

I love football, as soon as it's safe & legal to do so I'll travel around to go to games again. However, in my opinion it's just not right to continue playing now. Some things are more important than football...

Edited by Marten

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

How about naw. 

43 minutes ago, DanMan said:

I do. This is a discussion about football... Not a Covid forum. If you don't like that football is still going on, stay away and go on a "Covid" board

47 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I'm guessing you could say that about most things in his life. 

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

Look mate … … your right this is a WoSFL football forum and this topic is about “ Cancel the Season “ 

I would suggest that if your not interested in other people view in regard to this topic … Then don’t read or comment on it !!!

Going by some of your posts I doubt that you have enough grey matter between yours ears to understand this point 

Edited by Lobby Dossar

A misconception is being introduced that people who want to stop playing are anti-football knickers wetters. This is clearly wrong, but also the people who want to continue don't seem to have anyone clever enough to make a cogent argument in their favour.

To put it bluntly they are all stupid and selfish.

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

It’s you who isn’t enjoying reading an alternative point of view and one which coincidentally means you might not be able to go and see your boy play.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

It’s you who isn’t enjoying reading an alternative point of view and one which coincidentally means you might not be able to go and see your boy play.

I wont this year as he is in on Monday for a knee op.. but hey ho