Cancel the season?

1 hour ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

One thing I find amazing is massive teams down south are dropping like flies with Covid who are in their professional bubble and are tested twice weekly sometimes more, but teams at our level who don’t get tested and are mixing with different workmates on a daily basis gave had less games off than the pros. 

Many of those tested will be asymptomatic but carrying the virus. Players at lower levels aren't tested, therefore asymptomatic people will never know they have it.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Numbers higher now than what they we're in March/April when leagues got finished last season surely common sense will prevail

Ive a lot of time for Carlo and that is just common sense , my daughter is a nurse and she was talking to her mum today saying they can’t cope in the hospital due to the number of people in and she never moans , when it gets to that stage its time for junior football to call it a day at least till March 

Numbers always going to be higher with the level of testing now in place.
The chances of actually dying from this strain of the flu are still as small as ever.
Very honourable of Carlo and Maybole but let’s see how they feel if the WOSL apply the 12 point deduction for next season that all participating clubs signed up for when they decided to play on.

Personally think that all WoS, HL, LL and Eos should stop temporarily. Cup games should continue on the proviso that players are tested two days before their ties. SPFL continue as normal. With maybe no Champ-L2 playing more than one game per week.

Hopefully, we all come back to regular competition in February. If the leagues run into June, it's not a massive issue.

6 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Personally think that all WoS, HL, LL and Eos should stop temporarily. Cup games should continue on the proviso that players are tested two days before their ties. SPFL continue as normal. With maybe no Champ-L2 playing more than one game per week.

Hopefully, we all come back to regular competition in February. If the leagues run into June, it's not a massive issue.

Stop now and I don't think the leagues will ever get finished. I don't think there's any chance of the lockdown ending in February.

34 minutes ago, stanley said:

Stop now and I don't think the leagues will ever get finished. I don't think there's any chance of the lockdown ending in February.

I was just about to say the exact same. Nicola knows right now the lockdown is going to last more than three weeks.

When she said "I cannot rule out.........." she knew right there and then this lockdown will not be for just three weeks. So if the WoSFL suspend the season (without prompting from SG), that's it over. On what grounds can they resume the season until everyone is back to work as normal. They've given up that "elite professional"  get out clause.

2 hours ago, Mystic Blastie said:
On 04/01/2021 at 18:05, theesel1994 said:
It isn't the same level of lockdown as earlier. Construction and manufacturing continue as normal so no reason why football can't.

Manufacturing never stopped unless I wisnae meant to be at my work!!!

Ok. A bit like the farmers when the SG said they could go back to work.

2 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I was just about to say the exact same. Nicola knows right now the lockdown is going to last more than three weeks.

When she said "I cannot rule out.........." she knew right there and then this lockdown will not be for just three weeks. So if the WoSFL suspend the season (without prompting from SG), that's it over. On what grounds can they resume the season until everyone is back to work as normal. They've given up that "elite professional"  get out clause.

True. However that is the unfortunate reality of trying to play during this pandemic in the first place. The effort is to be applauded but the common sense approach would have been to admit that football at this level and, more pertinently, without fans should have been one of the first activities to be halted when the numbers began rising. That get out clause has always been disingenuous but clinging to it now is plain wrong.

5 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Numbers were always going to be higher now, for a number of reasons. Football will stop when it’s deemed too much of a risk, like everything else. Leave it to the experts, we’re willing to trust them on everything else.

Top league football with the commercial and TV activity that comes with it is what is being considered by the experts, not the promotion and relegation free lower league version. Not should it have to be considered by them as it's a complete no brainer that it should be stopped during a national lockdown.

Edited by jimbaxters

SG think 'elite football' is the top 2 or 3 leagues in the country, they have no clue that the SFA class tier 6 and 7 as elite, that's how I see it anyway. If they did then the lower tiers would have been stopped. No testing, no showers, currently no inside training. Fair play for giving it ago and getting to this point but the sensible decision would be to stop the season and start fresh, hopefully, later in the year.

1 hour ago, Foul throw said:

SG think 'elite football' is the top 2 or 3 leagues in the country, they have no clue that the SFA class tier 6 and 7 as elite, that's how I see it anyway. If they did then the lower tiers would have been stopped. No testing, no showers, currently no inside training. Fair play for giving it ago and getting to this point but the sensible decision would be to stop the season and start fresh, hopefully, later in the year.

I too think this. This level and others like it have slipped under the radar. Wee Nicola widnae be happy if she knew.

9 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Maybe, but Public Health is more important than Clydebank or Darvel's title charge, at the end of the day. 

Agreed (was only saying that the idea of stopping now and being able to finish the season later is unrealistic IMO).

14 minutes ago, stanley said:

Agreed (was only saying that the idea of stopping now and being able to finish the season later is unrealistic IMO).

Why would it be unrealistic to take a break now and then resume in say for arguements sake a month... Genuine question..  At this time of year many games are lost to the weather anyway...Unless we are never coming out of this ...